Kontakt 6 - any rumors about release?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt

Will it be possible to resize GUI's in Kontakt 6 ?

On high res screens regular Kontakt 5 GUI's are rather small, there seems to be a restriction on the horisontal length of the GUI's. To compare, the horisontal length of a Kontakt 5 GUI is not more than the horisontal lenght of Phonec 2 which has one of the smallest GUI's of plugs I use these days.

In case it will be possible in Kontakt 6, how will this affect older libs made for Kontakt 3-5 when loading them up in Kontakt 6 ?
Last edited by Numanoid on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:Will it be possible to resize GUI's in Kontakt 6 ?
I just bought a 4k laptop and installed some audio software on it, and I finally understand why folks have been saying so many plugins are unusable on 4k/retina displays. I didn't bother with installing Kontakt, but I imagine it would be terrible, so a scalable interface would be very welcome. The problem will only get worse as UHD displays become even more common.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Will it be possible to resize GUI's in Kontakt 6 ?
I just bought a 4k laptop and installed some audio software on it, and I finally understand why folks have been saying so many plugins are unusable on 4k/retina displays. I didn't both with Kontakt, but I imagine it would be terrible, so a scalable interface would be very welcome. The problem will only get worse as UHD displays become even more common.
And that's why it kills me to see new plugins released without support for different resolutions.

I think ED posted a while back that it wasn't scalable but I am not giving up hope that a compromise has been made that makes the UI larger.

Any news? I really do not want to buy Kontakt 5 with Kontakt 6 around the corner (if there is no grace period).

K6 is not around the corner, you can get K5 if you want.

Wow. Either we have a very long wait for Komplete 11 or it will be without K6. I'd guess the former.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:Wow. Either we have a very long wait for Komplete 11 or it will be without K6.
EvilDragon wrote:K11 is not coming out without Kontakt 6 in it.
I think that answers the question.

Well...

That may no longer be true anymore :/ There have been happenings.

That'll teach me not to state everything as factually as I usually do. :D

EvilDragon wrote:Well...

Interesting!

Have to say, I'm much less likely to buy Komplete without K6. I did speculate a few pages back that they could include some form of free upgrade when K6 is released, that would be a smart move IMO.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I'm still on Komplete Ultimate 9 and have no plans upgrading. I've got Reaktor 6 already and Polyplex, the only two additions that I've been missing. K11 doesn't look all that interesting unless they come out with some new products like Kontakt 6.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:I'm still on Komplete Ultimate 9 and have no plans upgrading. I've got Reaktor 6 already and Polyplex, the only two additions that I've been missing. K11 doesn't look all that interesting unless they come out with some new products like Kontakt 6.
and/or Absynth 6?

I am on K8 and no Polyplex.
I am ok with Reaktor 5 but yes R6 in a K11
with Kontakt 6 and Absynth 6 would be my
dream update.

I know this is knowhere near frution, but I think it would be REALLY beneficial to K6 if they implemented away to copy host/midi automations across instruments of the same library.

It could be like a snapshot, but just for the automation. For example... I use System 1000M from SynthMagic alot. It has GREAT patches... but what becomes really useful is when you automate things and it becomes way more flexible in the DAW. It's not a problem to set that up in one patch, but there are so many NKIs that I'm not gonna try to setup automation for each one that I want to use (especially if I have about 30-40 parameters assigned). If you use snapshots, all of the automation is saved within the patch. I'm just thinking if you can apply snapshots & move those around, it shouldn't be impossible to implement the same kind of thing for automation.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

There are already ways to do that via scripting, but it has to be done by the developers...

EvilDragon wrote:There are already ways to do that via scripting, but it has to be done by the developers...
I think his point is that it would be nice to make it so users can do it. I know I get frustrated with having to go patch by patch on stuff like Gravity
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

EvilDragon wrote:Well...

Aww, fudge... :(
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”