Allomerus - The Pit and the Pendulum - Update Mix 4

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Pit and the Pendulum
(Lyrics adapted from the work of Edgar Alan Poe)

John Wegner: Guitar, bass, Synths and vocals
Paul Wegner: Drums and percussion

https://soundcloud.com/allomerus/the-pi ... e-pendulum

https://soundcloud.com/a11omerus/the-pi ... pendulum-4

I WAS sick - sick - sick unto death
I felt that my senses had left.
The sound of the voices merged in
one dreamy indeterminate hum.

I tottered upon the brink
into the abyss

I shrank back -- but the walls closed in
I saw them writhe delirious horror,
I felt every fibre in my frame thrill
the angel forms meaningless spectres

I tottered upon the brink
into the abyss

A suffocating odour pervaded the prison!
The breath of heated iron!

A richer tint of crimson

I panted! I gasped for breath!
No doubt in the design of my tormentors

The pictured horrors of blood.

Discordant hum, human voices!
Loud blast, many trumpets!
Harsh grating, thousand thunders!
The fiery walls rushed back!
Last edited by Allomerus on Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Cheery stuff! :D

But I do like electric guitars to be sort of thicker.
However, :tu: :tu:

Cool! Interesting composition and arrangement.
good mix and sounds... great job

Ayorinde wrote:Cheery stuff! :D

But I do like electric guitars to be sort of thicker.
However, :tu: :tu:
Thanks Ayorinde! Glad you enjoyed the track... While the story of the Pit and the Pendulum is not all that cheery the protagonist is rescued in the end. So it's all good! :)
Bandcamp

markkuja wrote:Cool! Interesting composition and arrangement.
good mix and sounds... great job
Thanks Mark! Appreciate your nice comment. Hope you are having a great day. :)
Bandcamp

Original and interesting.
Very expressive +weird vocals.
Nicely done :clap:

Cheers

The Literary Prog Horror genre has been launched! You are clearly enjoying delivering the dark and twisted lyrics. And your bro does a commendable job of constantly varying the beats. The ambient/industrial intro was quite effective in setting the mood. Great job on this. :tu:

Laguna Rising wrote:Original and interesting.
Very expressive +weird vocals.
Nicely done :clap:

Cheers
Thanks Laguna Rising. I think EAP needs a weird treatment.... :) Glad you enjoyed it!
Bandcamp

Frantz wrote:The Literary Prog Horror genre has been launched! You are clearly enjoying delivering the dark and twisted lyrics. And your bro does a commendable job of constantly varying the beats. The ambient/industrial intro was quite effective in setting the mood. Great job on this. :tu:
Thanks Frantz! Paul does a great job of drumming and making it interesting (if I don't say myself). I especially like his skipped beats in the pendulum section. :)
The intro was meant to be the pit... I recorded cutlery falling into the sink for the sound of chains. ;)
Bandcamp

Great intro with well chosen pad sounds and a neat progression. You just know it's building up to something. In this case it's a Nu-metal riff. There is some creepy 'tron vox goodness on here (maybe try adding a little reverb to that, it might darken the atmosphere a little). Good job with the guitar lead lines and solos, the first one being quite melodic and the second quite "angular". Good job with the vocals and the chains/pendulum. Paul's drums work very well too.

Good work :)

Allomerus wrote: The intro was meant to be the pit... I recorded cutlery falling into the sink for the sound of chains. ;)
Yes, it worked brilliantly. :tu:

seismic1 wrote:Great intro with well chosen pad sounds and a neat progression. You just know it's building up to something. In this case it's a Nu-metal riff. There is some creepy 'tron vox goodness on here (maybe try adding a little reverb to that, it might darken the atmosphere a little). Good job with the guitar lead lines and solos, the first one being quite melodic and the second quite "angular". Good job with the vocals and the chains/pendulum. Paul's drums work very well too.

Good work :)
Thanks Tim! :)
I'll have another listen to the tron and try a bit of reverb as you suggest. The Nu-metal riff is inspired by mixing a new metal sound with an old tongue in aspic.... ;)
Bandcamp

Hey John, If you're going to look at the 'trons, you might want to check the master levelling on here. It's fairly quiet. I think you could probably increase the overall volume by a db or two without adding distortion or losing DR.

seismic1 wrote:Hey John, If you're going to look at the 'trons, you might want to check the master levelling on here. It's fairly quiet. I think you could probably increase the overall volume by a db or two without adding distortion or losing DR.
Thanks Tim. Made a newer version...

https://soundcloud.com/a11omerus/the-pi ... pendulum-2
Bandcamp

I just had a listen to version 2. The reverb on the tron gives it a slightly more sinister vibe which I think sounds more appropriate. I don't really hear much difference in the overall volume. Maybe in a couple of places.

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition :)

Return to “Music Cafe”