VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

Check out this run down of the new features of ADSR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc67pc4rUSk

mmm, I find 2.8 very good sounding!

Strangest thing was, that Cubase 8.5 pro was unable to find it when Cubase started, but I had to run 'plugin manager -> rescan all'. Then it was found and functional. I have not had this issue with any vst before. :phones:

A very strange thing I noticed and maybe the Software experts could enlighten me here cause I am stumped!!!

When I use Sonar Pro 8.5 on windows xp the vst scan still does not detect Synthmaster.. but...

When I use Sonar Pro 8.5 on Windows 8.1 the vst scan finds and loads Synthmaster... I never had this with Synthmaster 2.7.... I had the same occurance before while beta testing another VST Synth :o

surreal wrote:A very strange thing I noticed and maybe the Software experts could enlighten me here cause I am stumped!!!

When I use Sonar Pro 8.5 on windows xp the vst scan still does not detect Synthmaster.. but...

When I use Sonar Pro 8.5 on Windows 8.1 the vst scan finds and loads Synthmaster... I never had this with Synthmaster 2.7.... I had the same occurance before while beta testing another VST Synth :o
This looks like an XP/32bit issue to me. Is your XP 32bits?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Every time I try to open synthmaster 2.8 in ableton live I get

Code: Select all

A serious program error has occurred
Live will shut down after this message box is closed

Please restart Live and follow the instructions in the 'Report a Crash' lesson that will appear in Live's Help View
And to clarify, other VSTs (ex. Air Hybrid 3, Wusik 4000, Oxe) all work fine.

Has anyone gotten this problem?

I've already tried running the updater again and putting the license key everywhere it could concievably be used.

I'm currently trying a full uninstall/install.

Do note that I have my drive split into two partitions-- C: and D:, with Synthmaster installed on D:, but the VST present in C:, as well as ableton.

EDIT: After deleting everything and reinstalling, it still doesn't work in Ableton Live 9. Bizarrely, it works in MiniHost and MPC essentials.

EDIT2: Turning the "use custom VST folder" option on and off fixed my problem for good.
Last edited by GaBeRock on Sun May 29, 2016 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

BUG: This new version does NOT show up in Studio One, even after scanning and rescanning.

I'm using 32-bit Studio One pro V3. I think I'm updated to 3.20 or maybe 3.22-something now.

It scans and shows up working FINE in everything else, even IL's Minihost!

I've really, really liked and tried to like SynthMaster. Some of the latest added features are indeed quite nice, though I really dislike drums in my major synths.

I have to say, in any case, every update of SynthMaster has some kind of annoying issue to it somewhere somehow. It used to be that stupid issue with changing skins.

This time I can't use 2.8.3 in my Studio One.

Not only that, but what exactly was the reason this update did NOT come with my License Key File this time? I have to get back to the site next day and then wait for the email to show up in my inbox.

This stuff, these issues, some little annoying niggle, never the same each time, basically NEVER happens with the 2 dozen or so synths and other instruments I update whenever they are released. Why is SynthMaster always having some sort of dumb issue or two, or three?

Oh, in standalone, it won't open to the default preset I set and get in every host. What's up with that?
It also seems to have some kind of issue locating only SOME of my own presets in standalone. They are ALL in the same subfolder. This is nuts.

THINGS need to get better, slicker, more reliable. I honestly don't have time to guess and fiddle and fool with misbehaved VSTi. I spent a fortune for many banks and the synth was full price back when I bought. I want this synth to start acting like a commercial synth. Why are all these little 'problems' happening in just about every release?

I just think it is time to 'clean up' this product, like all the useless rubbish in those silly config txt files. I think there is still the silly message in there thanking me for demoing the synth some TWO YEARS AGO, even though I never did -- I just bought it right off the bat and licensed it, etc. More nutty stuff.

And why does this synth insist on messing with my Docs folder? I prefer all presets and all else in ONE big folder WITH the dll in a Synth subfolder in VSTPlugins. What's so hard about that? Afraid we'll freak out over changing write premissions if needed. VST and VSTi makers need to STOP dropping junk in the docs library. I've got over twenty folders there that really ought to be stored elsewhere so I can have a touch of space for real documents. Wouldn't mind if one or two VST used it but every other maker seems to. This is basically abuse; get your acts together: you get ONE main place to put your 'parts', I suggest right in folder with your plugin. DUH.

Someone with inner enlightenment please reveal what these needless ADHD issues are with this plugin ... please!

Shows up in my studio one. Must be user error.

Try resetting your vst blacklist in S1 and restarting.
As for having to wait for an email or having your document folder used like with loads of other plugins and the host by the way, you'll have to find your own solution to that first world problem.
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

yes, I had the same problem, and resetting the blacklist solved it. Regarding the files location, VstPlugIns is NOT a place for anything else than the DLLs. Patches should be either in Program Data (many builders place them there, together with other support files) or in Documents (ideally Users/Public/Documents, although, for computers used by a single person placing them in Users/YOU/Documents may be acceptable). What VST and VSTi makers should stop is dropping junk in folders like VstPlugIns, which are reserved for JUST the plug-ins.

You seem to be in need to understand how your OS works.
Fernando (FMR)

It is off topic maybe, but I believe that Windows handling of folders/hidden folders and permission is silly (very silly indeed)! Which leads to all this mess with Vsti/Vst and also the hosts themselves.

How many locations I must look into in my case?
C:\
C:\Program Files
C:\Program Files (x86)
C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins
C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins
C:\Users\(Me)\Documents

Now the hidden folders:
C:\ProgramData
C:\Users\(Me)\AppData and with the subfolders 'Local' and 'Roaming'

Now, if I want to copy something to C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins, I get warning, and a message to confirm for that. If I want to copy something into C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins, I get no message. The same applies on Deleting ..etc. Users permissions? I am with Administrator rights!

I just can imagine the real mess for users with no Administrator rights! This is really a pain for developers to handle all the paths and permissions because many many bugs are there due to this. I like Linux and OS X how they handle it, but for now Windows 10 is my OS, so I must accept these negatives till the VST/VSTi developers agree on one unified method to handle this in Windows.

Maybe the way u-he is doing it, is the most trouble free organization of folders and permissions?

EnGee wrote:It is off topic maybe, but I believe that Windows handling of folders/hidden folders and permission is silly (very silly indeed)! Which leads to all this mess with Vsti/Vst and also the hosts themselves.

How many locations I must look into in my case?
C:\
C:\Program Files
C:\Program Files (x86)
C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins
C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins
C:\Users\(Me)\Documents
What is it so strange about that? Program Files is for 64-bit applications. Program Files (x86) is for 32-bit applications (contrary to Mac, which has a single file and you have to decide if it launches as 32-bit or 64-bit, in Windows you can have both ready to go). Therefore, each VstPlugIns folder is for the respective 32-bit or 64-bit architecture. Simple and crystal clear so far, at least to me.
EnGee wrote: Now the hidden folders:
C:\ProgramData

This is equivalent to Library in Mac OS X. So far, no mess.
EnGee wrote: C:\Users\(Me)\AppData and with the subfolders 'Local' and 'Roaming'

On Mac Os X you have another Library under each user. But I agree with you, i still didn't understand what goes under App Data/Local and under App Data/Roaming, and why.
BTW: I have these always visible, not hidden.

EnGee wrote: Now, if I want to copy something to C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins, I get warning, and a message to confirm for that. If I want to copy something into C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins, I get no message. The same applies on Deleting ..etc. Users permissions? I am with Administrator rights!

It's strange you don't get a warning when you want to copy or delete in/from C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins - you should get a warning too (I do).
EnGee wrote: I just can imagine the real mess for users with no Administrator rights! This is really a pain for developers to handle all the paths and permissions because many many bugs are there due to this. I like Linux and OS X how they handle it, but for now Windows 10 is my OS, so I must accept these negatives till the VST/VSTi developers agree on one unified method to handle this in Windows.
Administrator or not, folders like Program Files and everything under it are reserved, and you get a warning each time you (or the system itself, for example due to malware) tries to write in it. The same applies to other reserved folders. This is preventive measures for safety reasons.
EnGee wrote: Maybe the way u-he is doing it, is the most trouble free organization of folders and permissions?
U-He is installing under Users, which is a free place. Nothing prevents you from installing anything in there too (usually installers ask user for the place where to install). Some people even say that the VstPlugIns folders should be created inside Users - for example Users/Public/VstPlugIns (x32) and Users/Public/VstPlugIns (x64), and not inside Program Files.
Fernando (FMR)

@FMR:
So?
Sorry, but you don't make any sense of all your comments in the previous post!

All of my plugs are stored at C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins and I have had zero issues with finding plugins.

2.8 is a fantastic update and the synth well deserves the fan vote over at Music Radar!

thejonsolo wrote:All of my plugs are stored at C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins and I have had zero issues with finding plugins.
:tu:

As long as you install the VST to a folder where your DAW app DOES scan, the DAW will scan it and find it.

Make sure you do NOT install 2 versions of SynthMaster side by side.
Works at KV331 Audio

fmr wrote:yes, I had the same problem, and resetting the blacklist solved it. Regarding the files location, VstPlugIns is NOT a place for anything else than the DLLs. Patches should be either in Program Data (many builders place them there, together with other support files) or in Documents (ideally Users/Public/Documents, although, for computers used by a single person placing them in Users/YOU/Documents may be acceptable). What VST and VSTi makers should stop is dropping junk in folders like VstPlugIns, which are reserved for JUST the plug-ins.

You seem to be in need to understand how your OS works.
We'd suggest you to install

a) SynthMaster data files at c:\program files\kv331 audio\synthmaster
b) 64bit vst dll: c:\program files\vstplugins\
c) 32bit vst dll: c:\program files (x86)\vstplugins

do NOT install 2 versions of SynthMaster on your system.
Works at KV331 Audio

Kv331 what about the bug with stuttering envelopes in FL Studio?

Return to “Instruments”