Lethal vst?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lethal

db3 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Looking at the video, Bass Bounce Lead 01-026, so there are like 25+ variations of the same patch, 150-200 real patches is therefore more correct to say I think.

It won't be a variation of the same patch, I expect they are just naming presets by type and number, rather than give each one a unique name.
correct.

Every demo i heard so far is fresh and top notch.. nexus factory bank is old now, so it's good to see a competitor using that format (basically let's call a spade a spade, it's a direct nexus copy/competitor), and perhaps it will get reFX to add a much more up to date bank to the nexus core library. It finally has some real competition in the direct for EDM preset rompler department. This is a good thing. They absolutely need a demo of course, but it's one to watch for nexus lovers especially IMO.

Very interested in this one, will probably pick it up soon. I like that Nexus will finally get some competition; I agree with the fact that Nexus's factory library should be updated and there really aren't that many ROMplers out there that have a "modern" sound. In terms of a demo, I don't think Nexus has one. Plus I really hate the ******* dongle, so that's a plus.

One thing though is that I generally use ROMplers for acousticy stuff and layering, and I've been begging reFx for a more Workstation-esque expansion (like a Motif or Fantom or something). Hopefully some of Lethal's expansions are focused on "real" instruments, like saxophones, brass, strings, etc. The Lethal facotry library seems to have a decent (and they sound good from the audio demo), but most of it is synth-oriented. The patches sounds really nice to me. I mean huge Kontakt libraries are great, but sometimes it helps to have some decent sounding patches to sketch out a track that load quick and use not much CPU.
"FriendZone"

paulm12 wrote:Very interested in this one, will probably pick it up soon. I like that Nexus will finally get some competition; I agree with the fact that Nexus's factory library should be updated and there really aren't that many ROMplers out there that have a "modern" sound. In terms of a demo, I don't think Nexus has one. Plus I really hate the ******* dongle, so that's a plus.

One thing though is that I generally use ROMplers for acousticy stuff and layering, and I've been begging reFx for a more Workstation-esque expansion (like a Motif or Fantom or something). Hopefully some of Lethal's expansions are focused on "real" instruments, like saxophones, brass, strings, etc. The Lethal facotry library seems to have a decent (and they sound good from the audio demo), but most of it is synth-oriented. The patches sounds really nice to me. I mean huge Kontakt libraries are great, but sometimes it helps to have some decent sounding patches to sketch out a track that load quick and use not much CPU.

Lethal is C/R from an unknown company, for 200 bucks, so just be careful what you wish for regarding dongles, as if this product is not a success, you will be left with a brick you can't authorise in future (which will never happen with nexus). So that's something to consider, really. If it was NI or something, not an issue of course, but a new one product probably tiny indi dev, well, you have to really trust to use C/R imo.

Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Very fair review. He missed the synth section....lot's of decent virus/jp type stuff in there.

It would be great if someone who can actually play a little went through a selection of the presets, I like the reviewer but it doesn't do any justice to the VST when you are fumbling around like that. A midi file even .
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Time for the first expansion pack or? Any date announced? Imo i could easily drop all this free libraries (we'll see if they really come every month till mid 2017) and getting the rompler for $79.. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

1st expansion to be released next week. Apparently, lethal are going to be naming the expansion presets properly.

gebz_15 wrote:1st expansion to be released next week. Apparently, lethal are going to be naming the expansion presets properly.
Cool! Looking forward to the demo tho' i don't like c/r online activation with zero info about the developer (What when they are gone in a year?). I don't know how it function in other countries but here in germany you must announce the name etc. of the individual which is responsible and running the site/business.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

[/quote]Cool! Looking forward to the demo tho' i don't like c/r online activation with zero info about the developer (What when they are gone in a year?). I don't know how it function in other countries but here in germany you must announce the name etc. of the individual which is responsible and running the site/business.[/quote]

What sold it for me was 4 nexus expansions would cost about the same as lethal so even if lethal go bust I wouldn't have lost anything as its like buying 4 expansions.

But,if they do well I will have loads of expansions given for free until 2017 and be able to buy more for a lesser price.

gebz_15 wrote:What sold it for me was 4 nexus expansions would cost about the same as lethal so even if lethal go bust I wouldn't have lost anything as its like buying 4 expansions.
In order to buy Nexus2 expansions, kind of goes without saying that you own it, so you won't lose anything than either owning 4 expanions to use.

And doesn't Nexus2 come with 10 free expansions from the get go?
NEXUS2 includes these free expansions and more. Every year, during our Christmas sale, we add another one. So even if you're on a budget, you have a steadily increasing library of top-notch sounds.

Dance Vol.2
ROM Extension
Synthetic Textures
SID
Psytrance
Minimal House 1 & 2
Crank 1 & 2
Perpetual Motion

Yes nexus does come with free expansions, free ridiculously old expansions that sound bad. Every year they add another one that no one would buy anyways. Pretty ridiculous to dump $250 for a rompler with stock sounds from 2008 topped off with a dongle and a waste of a usb slot.

Lethal seems to be taking advantage of the downsides of nexus. Not only is it cheaper, but the sounds are fresh and new. No historic sounds from the dinosaur age or a dongle. Free expansions for a year and allegedly cheaper after that.

After getting some time to play with lethal for a while this weekend, I can say that I'm happy with the purchase.

Good:
The basses and lead noises are really well done I think. They sound very professional and I quickly found things that just worked really well in the mix. The interface is super easy to use. I LOVE the trancegate and arp features. As a trance producer, they are incredibly helpful to have built in to the synth.

Not so good:
The pads leave a lot to be desired, but that could be because of the not-great reverb that is part of the plugin. I kept finding that the pads and other instruments like the guitar plucks are very metalic sounding. (again, probably from the reverb). I'd try them out in the mix, but they were just too piercing. I'd like to hear much smoother pad noises.

Overall:
There is quite a bit of factory content, but it was kind of a mixed bag for me of what worked and what didn't work in a mix. But overall am happy with the purchase. Looking forward to hearing more expansions.

commodore wrote: Looking forward to hearing more expansions.
Hip Hop expansions released tomorrow!

I have used a future house and bass preset and I love them. When I get a chance to finish my tracks I will put them up.

Peace out. :tu:

So what's the word on these expansions? This has been out now for like a month and a half and we originally heard 2 weeks for the first expansion.

Return to “Instruments”