Semi-Beginner $100 Synth?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. Any issue will get you full access to the vault,there are some plugs that have been dropped over the years but nothing too major

2. Next month Bazille CM is out

ere2learn wrote:1. Any issue will get you full access to the vault,there are some plugs that have been dropped over the years but nothing too major

2. Next month Bazille CM is out
Ah, I see, thanks. :) Bazille looks quite impressive... :o

Edit: When you say "full access", does that mean I also get access to any future plugins that are added? For example, if I buy an issue right now, then wait for Bazille CM to come out, will I still get access to it?
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Oh, one other thing I was curious about: What type of things are missing from the CM versions of the plugins? Synthmaster and Dune for example.

zenophilix wrote: For example, if I buy an issue right now, then wait for Bazille CM to come out, will I still get access to it?

You'll get that issue & access to the vault which will have the previous plugs,no access for future issues

zenophilix wrote:Oh, one other thing I was curious about: What type of things are missing from the CM versions of the plugins? Synthmaster and Dune for example.
Dune has no effects included,Bazille will have 2 oscillators instead of 4 like the full version,not too sure what's missing in synthmaster

zenophilix wrote:Oh, one other thing I was curious about: What type of things are missing from the CM versions of the plugins? Synthmaster and Dune for example.
I remember SynthMaster BE but I don't know what's the difference with SynthMaster CM. I only remember it has many bugs, so not sure if they are fixed or not later.

Dune BE has more modulations slots than Dune CM (if I'm not mistaken). Dune CM or Dune BE is mostly Dune 1 but without the effects. It still the best free/magware synth you can find IMO. But, Dune 2 has a different sound and character than Dune 1 due to different design.

But the CM editions are really good enough for a start. There is also I think Curve CM, which is another great synth. So, IMO, it is a good way of thinking. So, get the CM edition and spend enough time with it. You can demo commercial synths in the mean time and know your needs better (and also save some money ;) )

oh and it absolutely worth it to wait Bazille CM. It is a great synth!

EnGee wrote:
I remember SynthMaster BE but I don't know what's the difference with SynthMaster CM. I only remember it has many bugs, so not sure if they are fixed or not later.

Dune BE has more modulations slots than Dune CM (if I'm not mistaken). Dune CM or Dune BE is mostly Dune 1 but without the effects. It still the best free/magware synth you can find IMO. But, Dune 2 has a different sound and character than Dune 1 due to different design.

But the CM editions are really good enough for a start. There is also I think Curve CM, which is another great synth. So, IMO, it is a good way of thinking. So, get the CM edition and spend enough time with it. You can demo commercial synths in the mean time and know your needs better (and also save some money ;) )
Interesting. I'll have to take a look at Beat aswell.

While Bazille and its smaller derivatives are great synths, I woldn't recommend them to a beginner, especially to someone who is into EDM styles.

Spire is currently usd 139, worth a look
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

there is only 1 plugins /fx / instrument new from each new CM ?
i really love the G8 gate / looper cumulus / 6X-500 CM / SideWidener and SunRuys (not really transparent !!)

zenophilix wrote:
excessional wrote:If you look around for sales you can often get the following 3 VST synths for less than $50:

Synthmaster
Z3ta+2
Hybrid 3

They are all fully-featured modern power synths with about 1000 very usable presets...

I'd just check reviews and 'how to' vids of them on youtube, pick one and get it - then learn to use it properly.

And with the other $50 get a little midi controller keyboard if you don't have one already..
Are these more powerful than Dune2? Synthmaster I've looked at, it's very unintuitive and the sounds doesn't quite match up imo. Dune2 is my current choice, and anything that can't perform at that level or above, I probably won't be interested in. As for MIDI controllers, I use a DX11.

Edit: Trying KHS ONE, doesn't allow me to use it as "This version has expired". Inputted the trial key, no change.

Edit 2: Tried Hybrid, sounds great, but not up to par with D2.

Edit 3: Tried Z3TA, also awesome, and I'd definitely like to get it as well down the road, but sadly the same story as Hybrid.

Edit 4: Hey, 1000 views. :lol:
Funny, I got Hybrid for 30 bucks about a month ago and didn't really expect all that much from it. But it has become my standard synth by now because despite AIR's walmartesque sales strategy, Hybrid is really worth the regular asking price (assuming others in that price range are also worth it). I sold Sylenth1 and don't miss it, Hybrid is clearly superior in my view. I remember Dune2 from the demo, but unlike you I think Hybrid actually sounds more pleasant and polished than Dune2, at least for my needs.

The only thing it lacks is a dedicated modulation matrix, which could be a deal breaker in EDM I suppose. It does have lots of modulations spread across individual sections, but not in a centralized way like in Dune2, Hive, etc.

recursive one wrote:While Bazille and its smaller derivatives are great synths, I woldn't recommend them to a beginner, especially to someone who is into EDM styles.

Spire is currently usd 139, worth a look
Regarding Spire, check some of the earlier posts. Currently looking at mainly Synthmaster.

I don't think Bazille looks like something I would have a hard time with. I've progressed a bit from the beginner stage just from this thread.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
zenophilix wrote:
excessional wrote:If you look around for sales you can often get the following 3 VST synths for less than $50:

Synthmaster
Z3ta+2
Hybrid 3

They are all fully-featured modern power synths with about 1000 very usable presets...

I'd just check reviews and 'how to' vids of them on youtube, pick one and get it - then learn to use it properly.

And with the other $50 get a little midi controller keyboard if you don't have one already..
Are these more powerful than Dune2? Synthmaster I've looked at, it's very unintuitive and the sounds doesn't quite match up imo. Dune2 is my current choice, and anything that can't perform at that level or above, I probably won't be interested in. As for MIDI controllers, I use a DX11.

Edit: Trying KHS ONE, doesn't allow me to use it as "This version has expired". Inputted the trial key, no change.

Edit 2: Tried Hybrid, sounds great, but not up to par with D2.

Edit 3: Tried Z3TA, also awesome, and I'd definitely like to get it as well down the road, but sadly the same story as Hybrid.

Edit 4: Hey, 1000 views. :lol:
Funny, I got Hybrid for 30 bucks about a month ago and didn't really expect all that much from it. But it has become my standard synth by now because despite AIR's walmartesque sales strategy, Hybrid is really worth the regular asking price (assuming others in that price range are also worth it). I sold Sylenth1 and don't miss it, Hybrid is clearly superior in my view. I remember Dune2 from the demo, but unlike you I think Hybrid actually sounds more pleasant and polished than Dune2, at least for my needs.

The only thing it lacks is a dedicated modulation matrix, which could be a deal breaker in EDM I suppose. It does have lots of modulations spread across individual sections, but not in a centralized way like in Dune2, Hive, etc.
Interesting, maybe I'll take another look at Hybrid. I'm currently looking at the academic Synthmaster license, and if excessional is right about getting all three for $50, then...

Edit: I despise ilok. Software component unavailable even after reinstall of the latest version.

Synthmatser recently got to top of Musicradar charts. Not sure how these are voted, but it indicates something. It's 99 USD as well.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:Synthmatser recently got to top of Musicradar charts. Not sure how these are voted, but it indicates something. It's 99 USD as well.
Yeah, I saw. I have plans to buy it.

My advice would be to buy spire and learn how to use is inside and out cause it can make the majority of sounds that you are hearing nowadays.
[PATCH PACHINO] ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Synthpunch.com
Facebook.com/synthpunch
Twitter--> @synthpunch

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”