Dance Of The Heavens. Music for ballet/dance.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm sort of working on a electronic based opera/musical and this is probably the first scene. I imagined ballet/dance choreography while composing this music to help explain the story line.

The beginning is the early universe and then things become more complex and there is chaos and order. Then the unexplainable phenomenon using harp and choir as a metaphor, life( the one lyric) appears. A celebration of life and then reflection. Finally it returns to the basic three chords( now pads) used in the second part(complexity) but as felt by the individual in this infinite space and time. Then resolution.

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/dan ... he-heavens

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/dan ... he-heavens

Nice story, but very good music. imo you got talent. I like how there is so different elements and good melodies. At one point I first thought for a second that you had recreated the Star Trek theme but only for a second.

No shortage of ambition - an opera / ballet / musical. ;) I think there are some appealing ideas here although I would shorten the piece to move through the sections more quickly. You might considering adjusting the mix to add more bass.

fastlanephil,
Thank you for the review! Now your tune: it's started out nicely with synths and nice reverb(s). This would be good background music for a movie, or just kind of zoning out (though the third quarter has a different mood). Sounds rather 80's, which is fine by me. Surprised by the changes at around 2:10 and 6:20 and 8:10. I would be inclined to adding some vocals (and making the song shorter), but it sounds very good as is. Audio quality is very good. What state are you from (there are multiple Sheltons in the USA)?
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Thanks for listening Frantz.

This is for ballet and dance so the choreography would be providing the lion's share of the interest for the audience. Some adjustments would probably have to be made I'm sure. This is basically just a demo of the musical ideas.

Thanks for listening and commenting aaron.

As I originally posted, this was written specifically for dance. The first parts being more of a ballet and then it goes into modern dance to fit the dramatic musical change. I'm intending this as part of a larger project. I originally wrote an opera vignette and then I wrote this, hopefully to proceed it. The vignette does have synth type singing and actual choral samples. I wrote this dance music with a rough envisioning of choreography that would communicate a theme of the creation of the universe to the appearance of life and it's celebration.

I just finished a third part which is sort of like Prokofiev's Peter And The Wolf in outer space.

Now I'm thinking that instead of trying to create a cohesive project out of these it would be better to present them as separate ideas of one production like Ray Bradbury's book of short stories, The Illustrated Man.

That's Shelton, WA.

Very enjoyable. I thought the different sections worked very well. My only reservation was the transition from 6:23-6:30. I thought that the harp didn't really fit. Maybe just try fading in the choral samples in earlier instead of using the harp. It might sound smoother and be more effective.

Good work :)

I liked it a lot! And I can definitely see it being suitable for dance. That said, I agree with seismic that the transition toward the end is annoying, and the harp is particularly grating. I think you could probably figure out a variety of different ways to do that without relying on the harp.

Return to “Music Cafe”