Mixcraft 7 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Glass Viper Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio Mixcraft 10.5 Recording Studio Renegade

I dunno about you'awl, but the version I'm demoing.......isn't allowed to do buses......so not sure if.....

memyselfandus wrote:just messed with Mixcraft 7. I love the look of it. some questions though.

How the hell do you record a performance into the clips area?
Haven't used that - but as I remember record something on a track and drag the clip into performance. Then you've got a file on disk that is referenced - then you can record.

But not sure I got that right.

hibidy wrote:I dunno about you'awl, but the version I'm demoing.......isn't allowed to do buses......so not sure if.....
I think I was there too - but empty tracks are not accepted into submix tracks if that's what you tried.
Just get a clip on there.

I was puzzled for a bit too over that.

Or couldn't you create a submix track at all?

Best total approach to get routing two levels of busses is to use output track as master - and skip using the master main mix out. A little workaround I found to route a level more and to easily swap the hardware out from headphones to monitors while mixing. You can route both sendtracks and submix tracks to output tracks - and can keep an effect return inside a folder which I find convenient.

Either using it or not - create an output track - and the outs for all tracks are visible in mixer and you can swap outs there. It seems they try to hide things they don't think is necessary.

"(Actually, If a clip is a really odd size, Mixcraft rounds its length to the nearest quarternote
and tacks a little silence on the end before looping back around. This happens
transparently, but trust us, unless you want your music to sound like a bag of rocks
poured down a steel slide, this “rounding off” helps to keep things sounding musical."

I don't like this. should be an "option"

lfm wrote:I don't remember anybody saying that busíness studios taking on clients should replace PT or Logic with MC..
No, but the discussions about "worth" kinda suggested that. :) It's one thing to say "not worth it to me personally" and another to say, "not worth the money"... which implies something is not worth it to anyone else. And the stuff about "paying for sounds I don't need" which is a pretty common refrain based on kinda faulty logic.

At any rate, it's a great product. We're not in disagreement, so my comments weren't directed at you.

As to the solo thing, that's huge for the studio for me. If I can't solo anything at any time I can't work the way I've been accustomed to working for decades. Probably why I never let my digital console go because most daws kinda suck at that. Just goes to show, for one guy non-linear looping or chord tracks or whatever is critical, for another, couldn't care less about that stuff and his critical list is something else entirely. :)

At any rate (completely off topic), after a good period of beta testing my little step sequencer is ready to go at 1.0...

Beatz Website.

I managed to find out the answer to a question I posed about Mixcraft 7.
It turns out that their timestretch / pitchshifting system is now Copula (replacing Zplane's Elastique)

You can evaluate their SDK with a fully working standalone version here:

http://www.quikquak.com/Prod_Copula.html

I tested it against Elastique's various algorithms in Ableton Live and couldn't conclusively decide which I preferred

See what you think

So wassup in the Mixcraft world, long time no see?

I don't know, but Mixcraft 7 is a complete DAW with one of the best bang for bucks in the industry. Doesn't get a lot of hype, it just kind of quietly works and gets the job done, nothing too crazy or novel. Should be talked about more, but there's not much to say.

toine6 wrote:I don't know, but Mixcraft 7 is a complete DAW with one of the best bang for bucks in the industry. Doesn't get a lot of hype, it just kind of quietly works and gets the job done, nothing too crazy or novel. Should be talked about more, but there's not much to say.
As I recall there's essential content limited Windows only demo, so that might be the reason some aren't impressed with it, at least that were deal breakers for me. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Numanoid wrote:So wassup in the Mixcraft world, long time no see?
Why do you revive this thread after such a long time? Any special reason? Such as the upgrade mail I got today? 8) I quote:

"You’ve waited for this deal.. and it will never be any lower! This weekend ONLY we are rewarding our existing Mixcraft users with a truly incredible pre-summer “ProMoogTion”: upgrade to Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 NOW for only $164.95 $49.95! Not only is this an incredible deal, but you’ll get the unmatched professional power of Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 for the lowest price we’ve ever offered it!"

fluffy_little_something wrote:Why do you revive this thread after such a long time?
Huh? A year is a looooooooong time?

If it is, I guess it is time to talk about MixCraft again :wink:

So, how does that work in your case? Do you wake up in the morning and think to yourself, gee, I wonder what happened to Mixcraft, although I don't even use it? 8)

If I do, what concern is that of yours :neutral:

Use the mute button, so you don't have to see my posts.

Well, since it is a public forum, we all have to expect certain reactions to what we write :) So, naturally I wonder what triggered you in this case :wink: After all, I still use MC7 occasionally, so it might be of interest to me...

What triggered me?

I didn't realize it was such a big deal just asking wassup about Mixcraft :?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”