Open Letter from Florian at NI on Maschine development.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks for sharing your views.

No problem, unfortunately there are some NI forum users that would rather the BS be swept under the carpet, and people interested in buying not knowing what they are buying in to, Maschine is a great system, but it does have issues, NI have some great software, but they are one of the least trustworthy companies on the planet, but at the same time, they have avery good transfer policy, so personally i find a lot of safety in that at least ;)
Duh

bungle wrote:Actually nothing is addressed, right now it is a marketing game, Maschine has been ignored entirely by NI, that is being shouted all across any Maschine related online presence by its users, NI need to stop that happening, this is an attempt at that, nothing more.
What are you talking about? They released an expansion today :hihi:

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

bungle wrote:No problem, unfortunately there are some NI forum users that would rather the BS be swept under the carpet, and people interested in buying not knowing what they are buying in to, Maschine is a great system, but it does have issues, NI have some great software, but they are one of the least trustworthy companies on the planet, but at the same time, they have avery good transfer policy, so personally i find a lot of safety in that at least ;)
Really? How many products have they abandoned?

there are far worst companies that instead of abandoning they keep selling broken software, that never fix bugs and that their minimal upgrades are charged.

If there is a company I can trust over full working software is NI, yeah Maschine may have many shortcomings, but it works as intended.

And I think people are just paranoid and overreacting to Maschine being abandoned because it doesnt get significant updates. First I am sure it is the biggest cash cow for NI, because of the hardware and it will be stupid to drop it. They might be slow because they have to recoup investment, so no resources to put in to development. Maybe they are secretely developing new hardware.

kore was not a commercial succes, Maschine is.

But any way: constumers asked for communication, NI answered. Doesn't matter, people keeps complaining that is all a fraud. LOL
dedication to flying

Okay, have fun with that.

rod_zero wrote:
kore was not a commercial succes, Maschine is.
practically all who bought Komplete 4 to 7 (in the golden age of Massive, so basically everyone) threw in a Kore with it, so I find that rather hard to believe.
what really happened is that one day, some bean counter stormed in, yelled "OMFG, every single little beatmaking poser in Atlanta just bought a Maschine! We're rich! Quick, cancel every single other project!!" so Mike Daliot went "OK but..." to which they replied "LOL who are you again? YOU'RE FIRED GET OUT" and that's the story of how NI turned to shit.

Actually Kore was a success until people noticed NI stopped updating it when they switched their attention to Maschine, success can quickly turn to failure if users perceive a company has lost focus on a product and that seems to have happened to Maschine too (maybe this will turn it around, or it could just be the last gasp).

DrGonzo wrote:
bungle wrote:Actually nothing is addressed, right now it is a marketing game, Maschine has been ignored entirely by NI, that is being shouted all across any Maschine related online presence by its users, NI need to stop that happening, this is an attempt at that, nothing more.

/C
Not a single developer is involved in the creation of an expansion. Why does this come up every time?
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

When they abandoned Kore, they stopped releasing content for Kore as well.

medienhexer wrote:
DrGonzo wrote:

/C
Not a single developer is involved in the creation of an expansion. Why does this come up every time?
Damn it. Internet will be the end or irony and sarcasm :(

It was meant to be tongue-in-cheek :)
Of course expansions have nothing to do with the development of Maschine.

/C
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

foosnark wrote:When they abandoned Kore, they stopped releasing content for Kore as well.
Very true - and you could already see the signs many many months before. New expansion packs with no support for Kore - and ew and the other NI fanboys were saying it was just a coincidence. Kore will be supported for the long-term.

NI said one of the reasons for the demise of Kore was that the code base was too difficult to maintain. Maschine was totally rewritten in v2. It honestly doesn't seem that the coders at NI have the ability to plan so well into the future.

/C

DrGonzo wrote:
medienhexer wrote:
DrGonzo wrote:

/C
Damn it. Internet will be the end or irony and sarcasm :(

It was meant to be tongue-in-cheek :)
Of course expansions have nothing to do with the development of Maschine.

/C
Sorry, you just got caught in the crossfire between reality and those on the forums who LITERALLY don't understand the difference.

Just think of the arrivees from Google who'll take it as gospel and believe it. Sorry I couldn't tell you apart :hug:
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Official update status: https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... 4-5.80682/

Finally some sequencer updates! Loads of bug-fixes, kinda shocking how bug ridden machine has been all this time but it's a start.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

They have not touched a bunch of bugs that have been in v2 since day one, and there are still a bunch of features missing from 1.8 not in 2, but the most shocking thing about this update, is how quickly they put all these new features in and did the fixes, either they where holding back this release, the letter that said they where working on other things instead was a lie, or they simply have some great programmers when they pull their fingers out of their collective a - hole.
I personally am certain it is the 3rd option, when the behemoth awakens, it is this strong.
Regular updates like this and Maschine could be well back on track, as it stands, it is an update to look forward to for sure.
Duh

:dog:

Return to “Instruments”