Arts Acoustic Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey gang, been mulling over whether I should get this one. I've seen favorable reviews but it's getting long-in-the-tooth. I have the demo but my experience with evaluating reverbs is limited.

So, how does AA Reverb compare to e.g. Valhalla stuff?
A well-behaved signature.

You realize the company has stopped updating their software and their 64 bit plugins crash for many of us on Windows?

I liked it sound wise, and the GUI seemed very nice too, well laid out, clear, and easy. Unfortunately the demo crashed Cubase here, and the lack of development (last update was 3 years ago) made me a bit sceptical, so i refrained from buying. I then demo'd the Eventide Ultra Reverb, and i love the sound of that.

How does it compare to the Valhalla stuff? Well, IMO, it's more of a general purpose reverb, while all the Valhalla have a pretty specific purpose. Room does the room thing obviously, and sounds very clear and clean, without many artifacts, or noise or anything, but for my needs sometimes sounds a bit too clean, which is why i'd probably rather use it on percussive sounds, or leads, but not on pads, or atmospheres. Vintage Verb is very coloured, so it didn't work so well for me too. I'd say both the ArtsAcoustiv and the Ultra Reverb are more general purpose, and probably work on a lot of material. Of course, there's some overlap, and you probably can't say this works on that, but not on that, because you have a lot of control within the plugins as well, but, that's how it seemed to me. I'm not at all an expert though, simply judging by the impression it had on me. I could be wrong.

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I read all the things about bugginess and AA's lack of updates and uncertain future. These aren't such a huge deal for me as I'm using an older 32-bit host.

Frantz wrote:You realize the company has stopped updating their software and their 64 bit plugins crash for many of us on Windows?
I think here it crashed just once yet (in REAPER). Couldn't reproduce it but still use the plugin quite often.

Dandruff wrote:
Frantz wrote:You realize the company has stopped updating their software and their 64 bit plugins crash for many of us on Windows?
I think here it crashed just once yet (in REAPER). Couldn't reproduce it but still use the plugin quite often.
64-bit, I assume?

sound wise, it's spectacular overall. It was literally an entirely new benchmark in plugin verbs.

The only criticism i have of the entire product is the highs are a little fatiguing but there are plentiful options to dial that out. It's a very editable reverb to go deep but also get quick results with.

Personally I'd forego Arts Acoustic (I have the reverb, bought secondhand years ago, but after not getting a response from then when I emailed about something, I eventually uninstalled it). Anyway, here are my fave reverbs:

2CAudio (I have Breeze, and love it).

EaReckon EaReverb 2

UVI Sparkverb

Valhalla Verbs (Vintage Verb is my fave of the three)

112db Redline Reverb (An oldie, but with VV, are my choices when I want a Lexi-type verb).

JerGoertz wrote:64-bit, I assume?
yep, 64 bit version.

flugel45 wrote:Personally I'd forego Arts Acoustic (I have the reverb, bought secondhand years ago, but after not getting a response from then when I emailed about something, I eventually uninstalled it). Anyway, here are my fave reverbs:

EaReckon EaReverb 2

UVI Sparkverb

112db Redline Reverb (An oldie, but with VV, are my choices when I want a Lexi-type verb).
do you want to sell the license?

jobinho wrote:
flugel45 wrote:Personally I'd forego Arts Acoustic (I have the reverb, bought secondhand years ago, but after not getting a response from then when I emailed about something, I eventually uninstalled it). Anyway, here are my fave reverbs:

EaReckon EaReverb 2

UVI Sparkverb

do you want to sell the license?
he can't..transfers are nfr. Cheers

Return to “Effects”