break tweaker for $49.. is it abandonware like many izotope products?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't think it will necessarily become broken when apple decide that they need to sell some more hardw- I mean when they upgrade their OS for the greater good -, take Kore for example, who would think that it still works on mac? yet apparently it does.

seems to me Nerve would get you closer to iDrum than breaktweaker

no to kore.. broken for some time now..

nerve way too expensive sorry, i'd rather put that towards hardware drums.

Numanoid wrote:
TheoM wrote:ok thanks guys, i'll pass. Especially if it's cpu heavy and they have already said no further development. yet they still sell it. :dog:
Where's the beef ? :roll:

If some users still want to buy it, why can't they be allowed do that :help:
They are.

Hey Theo, are you on OSX?

This might interest you. I just logged into my iZotope account and saw that they did update BreakTweaker late last year:

So at the very least it seems they are keeping up with Operating System compatibility?

TheoM wrote:nerve way too expensive sorry, i'd rather put that towards hardware drums.
it's not, it's in line with the competition, and nobody ever looked back and said, this is worth a lot less than what I paid for. and it's still being updated. like, recently there has been the addition of trigger modes (which happened to be the main draw of bt over nerve imo). makes the program much cooler, if anything they should have bumped the price tag...

seems the guys on the kore forum got it running fine on el capitan btw

anyway my final 2c: for 49$ it's a no-brainer just for the samples. there is no such thing as 2gb of such incredibly varied and useful sounds at that price in the soundware market.

TheoM wrote:no to kore.. broken for some time now..

What are the problems with Kore? I'm still running it, and also Virtual Guitarist on El Cap. :D

That said though, I hear you... software and computers were always money pits...unfortunately. :wink:

I got BreakTweaker to replace iDrum...although that still works.

macmuse wrote:

What are the problems with Kore? I'm still running it, and also Virtual Guitarist on El Cap. :D

That said though, I hear you... software and computers were always money pits...unfortunately. :wink:

what daw you using?

MogwaiBoy wrote:Hey Theo, are you on OSX?

This might interest you. I just logged into my iZotope account and saw that they did update BreakTweaker late last year:

So at the very least it seems they are keeping up with Operating System compatibility?

well that IS interesting thanks.

acYm wrote:
TheoM wrote:nerve way too expensive sorry, i'd rather put that towards hardware drums.
it's not, it's in line with the competition, and nobody ever looked back and said, this is worth a lot less than what I paid for. and it's still being updated
it is. we can agree to disagree. Does it have synthesis or just sample loading?

TheoM wrote:
macmuse wrote:

what daw you using?
Logic X and Studio One 3

wow ok i specifically read on KVR that kore 2 definitely didn't work any more. My apologies. (it's supposed to fail au validation also - but obviously not!)

BTW with breaktweaker, can someone with an i7 quad 2.5ghz or above confirm what the cpu usage is like? Cheers

I'm using an i5-5200U, 2.2gHz with FL Studio

Breaktweaker VST3 at idle: Average 3%
Breaktweaker VST3 in use (CL-TweakWoofer set with Preview on): between 14% and 28%, depending on which pattern is activated.

So I can barely afford to have one instance per session, without being forced to bounce/freeze tracks. I know my CPU is crap though. And this thing is doing some pretty complex computations. It's worth the hit but no other plugin comes near this CPU hit for me though, not even Ozone Advanced.

(Edit: I just turned multithreading on for the VST3 version and it seems to help quite a bit)

On a 2009 Mac I7 Quad 2.8 In Logic X running 8 instances is around one third to half of 6 to 7 or sometimes 8 cores (depending on the kit loaded) With Ozone 7 on master about almost steady at half there abouts. In rest mode on one core is barely lit. Now this was just a quick rough CPU check if it really means anything useful.

acYm wrote:
it's not, it's in line with the competition, and nobody ever looked back and said, this is worth a lot less than what I paid for. and it's still being updated. like, recently there has been the addition of trigger modes (which happened to be the main draw of bt over nerve imo). makes the program much cooler, if anything they should have bumped the price tag...

anyway my final 2c: for 49$ it's a no-brainer just for the samples. there is no such thing as 2gb of such incredibly varied and useful sounds at that price in the soundware market.
Hello. Can you use those samples outside of Breaktweaker (wavs?) or are they in a proprietary format that can only be used in Breaktweaker? Thanks.
Play it by ear

pheeleep wrote:
acYm wrote:

Hello. Can you use those samples outside of Breaktweaker (wavs?) or are they in a proprietary format that can only be used in Breaktweaker? Thanks.

I just opened the sample content up and it looks like all wav. about 6000 items. All seems to be 24 bit.
Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 1.01.45 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”