Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

exmatproton wrote:
Soman wrote:If there's an update, I'll update. Simple as that. I don't want to run outdated software. Meeh
Lol :phones:
lol
rsp
sound sculptist

Greetings!

Special limited offer: 20% off on Spire synthesizer!
Just click "Buy Now" - coupon code not needed.
http://reveal-sound.com
Offer is valid until 31 July 2016
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm always interested in trying a new synth, especially at a discount, but I have to ask the generic question: what will I gain functionally from this synth that isn't covered by what I already own? I own all the main VSTi from NI and u-he, plus Serum and Omnisphere.

I guess the answer is just to try the demo and see how I vibe with it. I was just curious what it brings to the table that may be different from what I already own.

cake builder wrote:I'm always interested in trying a new synth, especially at a discount, but I have to ask the generic question: what will I gain functionally from this synth that isn't covered by what I already own? I own all the main VSTi from NI and u-he, plus Serum and Omnisphere.

I guess the answer is just to try the demo and see how I vibe with it. I was just curious what it brings to the table that may be different from what I already own.
The sound. :P Functionally, you probably won't gain anything compared to what you already have. Spire does have a classic VA engine, with nice unison options for each oscillator, some additional synthesis forms, in a slightly unusual way, good sounding filters, bangy envelopes, and, especially, very good sounding onboard fx. I've yet to hear a synth's reverb which sounds better than the one in Spire for example, and the phaser is very nice too, as is the shape/drive/saturation section. The arp/step sequencer is also so nice that i don't even need to load up BlueArp for such purposes. Overall, it's a very good package, which i haven't found like that in other payware synths, it's really all pretty top quality.

But, by all means, do demo it thoroughly. Maybe you disagree with everything i said then, because, for you, it simply doesn't do the same. Note also that Spire is in ongoing development, so, if you get it now, you may get more functionality in the future. The devs have announced some nice stuff still to come, like granular synthesis, so, you might end up with a lot more functionality than you paid for originally. :)

I just noticed that Spire 1.1 is not backwards compatible with the original Spire in my projects which is a bit of a shame.

fgimian wrote:I just noticed that Spire 1.1 is not backwards compatible with the original Spire in my projects which is a bit of a shame.

You can run both versions side by side.

cake builder wrote:I was just curious what it brings to the table
Outcome that really works good in the mix, especially crowded ones.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Spire v1.1.8 free update - Coming Soon :!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UkqG_f ... e=youtu.be

Guys, you are reading my mind, I need just this kind of FM for these classic psytrance sounds :tu: Judging from this video, maybe this oscillator sounds a bit too clean compared to Virus two-osc FM, but there are ways to dirty it up within the synth itself.

Very generous for a free update.

Спасибо, вы лучшие! :wink: :tu:
Last edited by recursive one on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

^^^^^^ Sweeet! Love that new Navy Gray theme.

You guys are awesome! This already superb synth just keeps getting better and better! Plus free update - a huge thank you, folks! :)

Great! Thanks.

dope

:tu:

Incredible stuff, thanks guys!!! :)

Return to “Instruments”