I have HUGE problems getting into Music Production AKA best Tutorial page

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Probably this is because some self esteem problems. I dont know. Fact is im procrastinating for months now, and i really want to start, because making music is and was always important for me (Mostly playing guitar).

So i thought about subscrubing at a page like askaudio, sonicacademy or something like that. Something that helps me get going from the very start, and "leads" me for the start of my journey.

What do you think about this pages? What do you think is the best, what can you tell me about them?

Im trying to make music with Ableton, if thats important.

Thanks in advance.

Here's an Ableton Live 9 Beginner Course on youtube that's free to get you started

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ClDQDkhvmv

I think most artists suffer from self-esteem at some point, even the very best of them, so don't think you're alone.

If you've got ableton and a few samples that's all you need to get going on something. Experiment and try to have some fun with it. It takes a lot of practice, and a lot of you own ear training, but the journey is worth it (as long as you are enjoying it). You don't have to be the best producer in the world. Do it for yourself first.

The channels you've mentioned are fine... But to be honest with you, youtube and good forums, have everything you could possibly need. There's a lot to filter granted, but generally the top channels are worth your time.

I don't know what music you're aiming for, but here's a good channel to start you out:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SadowickProduction
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

You can try SadowickProduction
Guy's voice is kinda soft though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei-EPOHfOgU

PS Weird, loaded this page with only one comment. Post my comment and the previous post is rather old.

Any way; Sadowick lol the link refers to the first lesson.

Can you write a song with you guitar? if not start there.
dedication to flying

Learn your daw and open some song in your daw to see how it's done. Then just make music. You'll learn in a year or two.

I saw a guy with a guitar only making progressive track on Ableton in about 45 minutes - this includes chords, bass, pads, percussion and some FX. Try that for now and see where it takes you ;) It's a good idea to set a simple goal and search for tutorials on these specific subjects.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

The more you read tutorials the more you lost interest to make music.
The only thing which makes sense is a introductory for your DAW so you can skip reading the manual how to find the stop/record/play button ;)

Use your Guitar and improvise, record this ideas and try to make a complete song with it. That's all.
Reading some ideas about song structure is not a bad idea so you don't repeat one short idea over the complete song which can make a song really boring. Based on your idea you can add additional instruments.. drums, pads all this stuff.

This mixing mastering etc. is something which is completely not important at this stage. If you don't have a song finished you don't need this. So you can skip all this tutorials about mixing and mastering and focus to your Guitar and find some nice ideas. Make music ;)

rod_zero wrote:Can you write a song with you guitar? if not start there.
This. If you can play an intrument, use it to try and compose some music, and then worry about recording it. Keep in mind that playing, composing and recording require different skill sets. Start with what you have and build ftom there, instead of falling headfirst into the rabbithole.

Have a look at this site...quite helpful...

http://www.TheRecordingRevolution.com
John
"B4serenity"

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”