Kontakt 5 Cinematic Strings 2 Awful Problems / Need urgent help

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok so I got this software, Im pretty new to all of this but I needed some good strings for a filmscore job I have. Im using it with ableton, the problem Im experiencing is that when I try to play multiple voices with the lite ensamble or the ensamble I get a weird stuttering and also some voices shut off completly in a really glitchy way. I have a pretty good pc so I have no clue why this happens. It even happens if I record separate tracks in ableton when I try to record another track on top of it. I can see that the "Disk" indication bar thing on top is always reaching the end of the bar when it starts to bug. Also if its any worth it I have my library stored in the same hardrive where I have my recordings and shit. This also happens to me in the standalone application, please help :c

well...first things first...whats "pretty good"?

this sounds to me like a ram/cpu issue.

also check to see that you dont have cpu overload protection enabled in the kontakt settings. that wouldnt account for the glitchiness, but it would kill voices.
ImageImageImage

Try increasing the buffer size on your sound card

if it's a disk overload he needs to increase his preload amount.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Tafur wrote:. Also if its any worth it I have my library stored in the same hardrive where I have my recordings and shit. This also happens to me in the standalone application, please help :c
Hence the stuttering, put the library on an external HD 7200 or an SSD.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote:Hence the stuttering, put the library on an external HD 7200 or an SSD.
If it's external, I'd avoid USB2 - USB3 should work if its a good fast drive.

Basically - it's most likely either CPU, RAM or HDD speed, and it sounds most like the latter. If you click Settings in Kontakt, then the Memory tab, try increasing the buffer size as SJ says. That will load more of the instrument into RAM, so it has more time to access the info on disk. But if you're at your limit on RAM, of course that just introduces a new problem...

Good luck!
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”