effects for Real time evil voice changer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please excuse my ignorance, but at a quick glance it seems to me that both are kind of a similar applications, while Reaktor is a lot more flexible, versatile and powerful -so what do I miss?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:Please excuse my ignorance, but at a quick glance it seems to me that both are kind of a similar applications
Dehumaniser is a tool specifically targetted at voice-processing for creating monster and creature vocalisations, and as such its target market is basically the games and film industries.
If that's 'a kind of similar application' to Reaktor then, really, so is just about every single bit of audio processing or synthesising gear out there. :shrug:

Like other such targetted applications its not particularly aimed at music production, in fact its aimed at a rather small rather specific niche in rather high-budget industries. Comparing it to generic music software is missing the point, same way as complaining about the cost of, say, a wind simulation foley plugin would be. I'd expect to see this used on projects where the £400 for the plugin is probably less than the budget for the bottled water for the voice talent...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I only went by the list of
Included Modules
•Pitch Shifter
•Delay Pitch Shifting
•Granular
•Noise Generator
•Scrubbing Convolution
•Flanger / Chorus
•Ring Modulation
•Spectral Shifting
on their website - what it is targeted at or not seems like a superflous moot Point to me - what it factually can do - or can't - seems like a lot more relevant and valid point to me. And I admit that I might have missed something important and thus I already asked about this in my previous post and my question still stands.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:I only went by the list of
Included Modules
•Pitch Shifter
•Delay Pitch Shifting
•Granular
•Noise Generator
•Scrubbing Convolution
•Flanger / Chorus
•Ring Modulation
•Spectral Shifting
So what's your argument? Reaktor is capable of pretty much almost all audio processing classes, so this one bit of software that has some of those processing classes in it is like Reaktor?

There's no spectral shifting in Reaktor out of the box, by the way. Or scrubbing convolution.

You've failed to explain how 'doing some stuff that Reaktor also does' makes something a similar kind of application to Reaktor.
on their website - what it is targeted at or not seems like a superflous moot Point to me -
So you're saying that, to you, the fact that a tool is tailored for a specific market and useage is irrelevant in differentiating between the cost of it and a toolkit which is aimed at constructing other tools.
Hmmm.

At what point is any audio processing software not 'a kind of similar application' to Reaktor then? Given that your argument basically boils down to 'if Reaktor can do what a tool does, then that tool is kind of similar to Reaktor'.

Also, at what point is any tool, (like the C++ compiler I referred to,) which can ultimately do what Reaktor can not equally similar to it, too.

Im particularly interested in the relationship between these things and the ultimate cost of any of them, since that was the original aspect of the software you chose to comment on, not the functionality itself.
what it factually can do - or can't - seems like a lot more relevant and valid point to me.
To its price? Why? What's your evidence that price is solely a result of functional capability and that the market the product is sold to has no bearing on that?

Plus, it cant do a lot of stuff that Reaktor can.

And Reaktor out of the box doesnt do some of the things that this thing does. In fact, Im not actually convinced it can do all of it. (there are limits to its FFT capabilities for example).

Nor does Reaktor come with the intrinsic source material that allows some of those processes to produce the results that Dehumaniser does (eg the collection of animal and other vocalisations it relies on). Or the context-specific knowledge leveraged into the application in the first place.

Maybe Reaktor was a bad example - I am not that familiar with it but what thinking it included numerous high Level modules. I simply chose Reaktor because it is one of the most known, respected, powerful end expensive modular processors.

What my point was is that this seems ultra super über expensive (i.e. outrageously expensive) for what appears to be a glorified modular effect processor - and I stand by that - especially considering that the list of included modules seems rather limited.

And your point about the targeted market not caring about ist price is a funny one, considering the vendor just advertised the thing right here at KVR in this very thread.

I love Virsyn's KLON.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Kick_In_The_Balls.dll

Freeware
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

jens wrote:Maybe Reaktor was a bad example - I am not that familiar with it but what thinking it included numerous high Level modules. I simply chose Reaktor because it is one of the most known, respected, powerful end expensive modular processors.

What my point was is that this seems ultra super über expensive (i.e. outrageously expensive) for what appears to be a glorified modular effect processor - and I stand by that.
It is indeed expensive. And its expensive because its a niche product. Why you have chosen to argue with that, particularly on the basis you did, Im not sure.
And your point about the targeted market not caring about ist price is a funny one, considering the vendor just advertised the thing right here at KVR in this very thread.
I think its funnier that you assume that there's noone at all at KVR within their target market.
I mean obviously the active posting quotient is predominantly made up of bedroom musos who seem to imagine that the entirety of the commercial audio equipment industry is supposed to revolve around their sense of entitlement, but there are actually some exceptions. And believe it or not, some of them might work somewhere that will have a need, and the budget, for tools like this.

whyterabbyt wrote: I mean obviously the active posting quotient is predominantly made up of bedroom musos who seem to imagine that the entirety of the commercial audio equipment industry is supposed to revolve around their sense of entitlement, but there are actually some exceptions.
No, that is not what I am getting at - my point is that at KVR poeple tend to have an in-depth knowledge about the majority of the available tools (same over at Gearslutz). That might perhaps not go just as much for all of the target market.

you might perhaps sell snake-oil more sucessfully in a Texan village than at some international pharma congress.

jens wrote:No, that is not what I am getting at - my point is that at KVR poeple tend to have an in-depth knowledge about the majority of the available tools
Yes, that's why so many folk spend so much of their time focussed on the cost of the tools, not the value. Complaining about the pricetag of this week's next big thing. Wrapped up in an inverse snobbery where somehow the reality of people who buy and use tools to get a job done is less important than arguing about whether its better at recreating the 2nd 'plunk' 2 bars in on some formulaic drivel in a youtube video.
you might perhaps sell snake-oil more sucessfully in a Texan village than at some international pharma congress.
Well, it doesn't take less to develop a medicine just because what it treats is rarer, so you'd think the pharma congress might understand higher costs for niche applications. But they're not the one who spend all their time complaining that snake oil is overpriced because their favourite vendor is just about to announce a new extract of armadillo, and this place does seem to have a lot of cowboys...

an-electric-heart wrote:I've had this conversation, people tried to tell me that I couldn't use VST's in a live situation, but I do it all the time. I not only use VST: e.q, comp', reverb and delay, but also imageline's vocodex, that's similar to what you're talking about doing.

Here's me rocking in my living room, the audio's live... as in not the studio version... as in what you hear when you hear me live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQcZDhjChjc
I love your setup. cool stuff!

no such thing. you can't change an evil voice, you can only wait until it wants to change itself :party:
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

From my childhood days I can remember that "Snake Mountain" from Masters of the universe had an evil sounding microphone. You could get that on ebay. :hyper:

Return to “Effects”