Mixbus 32C Released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheoM wrote:wow big jump in price from mixbus. and i can't find a feature comparison page anywhere anyway.
I think folks might be getting the regular Harrison Mixbus mixed up with the 32 C Mixbuss. The regular mixbuss is $79 USD:

http://harrisonconsoles.com/site/store-mixbus.html

Yes. 8 buses are plenty for me so I'll probably stick with Mixbus 3 for now ($79 is a steal). The 32C eq would be nice, but the one in Mixbus 3 sounds great too.
I also own several very good eq VSTs. The rest of the program is the same.

Mixbus 3 compressor is much better than 32c to my ear. 32c doesn't have a ball like MB. I constantly adding 1176 for parallel which I usually don't do in MB.

Mixed up? There is a pun in there! :lol:

299 vs 79 is extreme. Do they include the "fx" in this latest version or something?

Actually it really worth it but you will never know without a demo anyways. They are not the same products by any means. Even though the developers and Harrison states they are. To me I don't know if is because of the new EQ or what, they totally don't sound same 32C is light years away gigantic and warm. But they both can deliver the job but 32C with less plugin than Mixbus. If your music doesn't need Mixbus 32C, It is not a must to have it. You can get the 79 version.

BenLoftis wrote:Regarding a demo: it was always our intent to provide personalized support for everyone who tried Mixbus. Not only to help with bugs and compatibility issues, but more importantly we genuinely wanted to know what features our users want and need. It is not possible to provide that level of support for everyone who downloads a demo. Instead we encourage people to watch our videos, and read the manual. If they find that Mixbus is the kind of platform they want to work on, then we will go the extra mile to lessen their learning curve.
It's a shame that "trying" means "buying"...

I do like the idea of Mixbus (and it sure looks good too) but no demo/refund means no deal.
Last edited by J4R1O on Fri May 27, 2016 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I keep pressing the space bar, but I’m still on Earth."

Ok so I bit the bullet today and bought the upgrade from mixbus V2 to V3 before the special offer runs out in early June. I was hoping v3 would be less buggy than v2 but I was wrong. Crashed 3 times in the space of 40 min, one of those crashes froze my entire system and that was just from basic clicking around in an audio project with about 8 WAV files loaded.The other was a project with ONE external synth loaded. I don't ever get those kind of crashes these days so that's quite an achievement. I'll wait for updates before I come back to this. :neutral:

Having said all that it did sound nice and added a nice sheen to the project I loaded. Too unstable to use just yet though.

Yeah, I'm over it.

I've heard the term "crashy/buggy" more with this that ANY other software (easily including sonar) and it's a done deal. No f**king way under any circumstances.

lotus2035 wrote:Ok so I bit the bullet today and bought the upgrade from mixbus V2 to V3 before the special offer runs out in early June. I was hoping v3 would be less buggy than v2 but I was wrong. Crashed 3 times in the space of 40 min, one of those crashes froze my entire system and that was just from basic clicking around in an audio project with about 8 WAV files loaded.The other was a project with ONE external synth loaded. I don't ever get those kind of crashes these days so that's quite an achievement. I'll wait for updates before I come back to this. :neutral:

Having said all that it did sound nice and added a nice sheen to the project I loaded. Too unstable to use just yet though.
*exactly* why they don't have a demo, and make up some hilarious propaganda lie as the actual reason to tell people :lol:.

Thanks for the heads up.. you on win or osx?

BTW i found out at GS that mixbus doesn't have PDC on regular bus channels.. so with the regular $79 version, you only get 8 busses with pdc, and 12 on the 32c version. ie it only has pdc on the busses with the harrison saturation, not on regular busses the user creates.

Also Harrison is really into pressure tactics with upgrade date cutoffs. NO ONE else does that. Upgrade prices should be upgrade prices.. just ridiculous. What i mean is, just to clarify, that other devs have cutoffs for FREE upgrades, but a version price PAID upgrade simply is what it is. For example, reason's upgrade is $129. Cubase similar. And so on. No pressure, no intimidation.

Harrison pimp their overpriced, unstable and lacking in features DAW everywhere but don't let people try it or return it. After months of being on the fence, i recently decided i would get the $79 version and succumb like all the other fools (no offence), simply cause i couldn't take the curiosity anymore and wanted to compare a full mix in it vs Cubase and PT with plugin alternatives.. and i had NO idea about the pdc limitation..i wouldn't even THINK of asking, "does pdc not apply to certain bus structures". I would just assume when harrison say it has pdc that everything is covered. This is AGAIN WHY WE NEED A DEMO. Anyway, the post at GS saved me my money just in the nick of time. I was lucky.

With mixbus, i had to do SO MUCH internet research to find out about what it can and cant do, i have wasted so many hours on it, rather than waste those hours being hands on and TESTING THE PROGRAM. And you know what? I still don't know half of what i would want to know regarding it's features/stability/performance.. even after so many man hours of reading and research. The only way to know is to be hands on. Harrison's method is that people will force themselves to adapt to it because they spent the money on it, even if they don't like it when they buy it. Very shady behaviour, and worse that it's actually working.

We are all to blame, this company is simply not making the right decisions including in the development and stability of the actual product, yet we are keeping them in business, even with these terrible business tactics of theirs. Just terrible.

Anyway, i am saying it, any developer with ANY real confidence of any kind in the quality of their product, puts out a demo of their product. It's absolutely, 100%, simple as that.

Finally though, I am able to be 100% free of my interest in mixbus anymore after this post. I finally got it out of my system. I just wish harrison had allowed me to discover that with a few short hours spent playing with the program. I could have known on the spot then and there working with the darn thing.

At least we have the suckers, OOPS, sorry, customers, to warn us what a joke the software still is. But i do feel bad for those customers. But they saved many of us IMO. Just like poor lotus above who has literally just thrown money away for something he now won't use due to the crashing. Just money literally burned. It's sad.

Thanks, TheoM. My thoughts exactly.
"I keep pressing the space bar, but I’m still on Earth."

I'm on Windows 10.
If it turns out that mixbus becomes a stable program in the not too distant future then fine I'll consider it money well invested but if 2 years from now we are still sitting on a dud then I'll consider it nothing less than daylight robbery.

TheoM wrote:At least we have the suckers, OOPS, sorry, customers, to warn us what a joke the software still is. But i do feel bad for those customers. But they saved many of us IMO. Just like poor lotus above who has literally just thrown money away for something he now won't use due to the crashing. Just money literally burned. It's sad.
Well, I don't consider myself a "sucker" just because I've decided to spend some money and take a chance that the software will work on my system. I would probably have felt like a sucker if I had been in a bad financial situation where Mixbus felt like a big investment, but thankfully $79 is not that much of a burning hole in my pocket right now. I'm the kind of guy who enjoys taking some risks in life and stand by my own choices, because that process can be very rewarding in itself. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but you always learn something from it.

But indeed it's a very strange policy to not offer a demo. For me this seems like a way to hide from the world the simple fact that Mixbus is a can of bugs. If 1000 people downloaded a demo, I'm pretty sure at least 900 of them would find the software too buggy and report that in forums, magazines, etc.

Now don't get me wrong here. I really LOVE Mixbus 32C regarding the Harrison mixer part. That's what is stable and working. However, the open source Ardour sequencer part is just horrible (like most "open source" software today IMO).

Lucky for me I don't need the Ardour sequencer part that much. That odd argument that there is no demo because customers need to learn everything about Ardour in order to play with the mixer stuff simply doesn't hold. I really fail to see why any serious music producer or mixing engineer would only use Mixbus 100% for anything outside of actual mixing.

Basically, for those who have the same applications for Mixbus 32C in mind as I have, all you need to be able to do is this:

1. Import audiofiles.
2. Hit playback and stop buttons.
3. Interact with the mixer.
4. Export the result as a new audiofile.

So, to sum up my view: The mixer/DSP part = good. Everything else = bad.

Now it would be a completely different situation if Mixbus 32C mixer/DSP part was integrated with a proper DAW like for example Studio One. That would probably be my kind of ideal DAW. PreSonus and Harrison, can't they join forces? :pray:

What happened with Mixbus sponsorship of the Hosts subforum?

Was it just a KVR experiment?

This new update for Mixbus 3 is not bad, not bad at all. Only had one crash and that was when I was messing around with audio card settings in the options. I find it to be stable and usable now, I will include it in my projects. :party:

Compyfox wrote:The floodgates are now open...
I just laughed and spit out my drink everywhere when I read this. Don't know if you have a very dry sense of humor or even meant it to be funny but, if so, it worked. Thanks for making my day- seriously, no bs.
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel
MacBook Pro, iMac, Software, Hardware, Instruments, etc.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”