Cakewalk: "Big announcements coming June 1st, 2016"

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mystic wrote:There likely won't be a better deal. It's either going to be $99 after you re-up or $199. If I were you, I'd just wait until June 1st so you know what exactly it's going to get you. :)
What he says ^^^^^^^^.
There is a cut off date (end of August I believe) but I wouldn't hold off too long as the last cut off date was cut off prematurely! :o

Grum.

Mystic wrote:There likely won't be a better deal. It's either going to be $99 after you re-up or $199. If I were you, I'd just wait until June 1st so you know what exactly it's going to get you. :)
Per Grum:
"The money you spent is taken off of the lifetime membership so you have nothing to gripe about."

So it seems that I will only pay the $99 for the lifetime subscription and not $99 to renew plus $99 for the lifetime subscription for a total of $198. At least this is how I interpreted Grum's statement. I hope he is correct.

I believe the current lifetime deal/offer is for those who have been a Platinum Subscriber AND have renewed already this year, if you don't fall into that category you wont get the Emails and therefore the current lifetime deal/offer (That is my understanding, I could of course be wrong) . But, what happens on June 1 is anybody's guess, from what they have said officially on the forums you will be very happy. (They have actually said those very words)
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote:I believe the current lifetime deal/offer is for those who have been a Platinum Subscriber AND have renewed already this year, if you don't fall into that category you wont get the Emails and therefore the current lifetime deal/offer (That is my understanding, I could of course be wrong) . But, what happens on June 1 is anybody's guess, from what they have said officially on the forums you will be very happy. (They have actually said those very words)
What you say makes a lot of sense!

jinotsuh wrote:I believe the current lifetime deal/offer is for those who have been a Platinum Subscriber AND have renewed already this year, if you don't fall into that category you wont get the Emails and therefore the current lifetime deal/offer (That is my understanding, I could of course be wrong) . But, what happens on June 1 is anybody's guess, from what they have said officially on the forums you will be very happy. (They have actually said those very words)
I think others can get the lifetime deal already as well, just the price is higher. I was pretty set on jumping ship after X3 Producer so never upgraded and if I login and use the link that's been published a few places it is offered to me at $199 (seems to be $99 if you're a platinum subscriber). Somebody had to program that into their website so can't imagine it's a mistake. Most likely their June 1 announcement will offer a tiered pricing structure open to all... then again maybe not but I'm assuming that if their website has been updated to take my money they're not going to cancel my order.

Yes the link being published was not supposed to of happened, it was only for those who received the Email.

From the FAQ contained in the Email
So, can I share this store link with my friends?
Please don’t. As a valued customer, we wanted to share this news with you first. Sharing the link with friends who may not be qualified for the offer will only create confusion and frustration for them, and more work for us. On June 1st, we’ll announce details for all SONAR users. Remember, this special offer is only for you.
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote:Yes the link being published was not supposed to of happened, it was only for those who received the Email.

Please don’t. As a valued customer, we wanted to share this news with you first. Sharing the link with friends who may not be qualified for the offer will only create confusion and frustration for them, and more work for us. On June 1st, we’ll announce details for all SONAR users. Remember, this special offer is only for you.
"Remember, this special offer is only for you"

Well doesn't that just give you a warm fuzzy feeling :hug:

A special offer designed to make that person feel really special :love:

Please pass me the tissues :roll:
No auto tune...

chrisby wrote:
I think others can get the lifetime deal already as well, just the price is higher
Not yet.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

digitalboytn wrote:
jinotsuh wrote:Yes the link being published was not supposed to of happened, it was only for those who received the Email.

"Remember, this special offer is only for you"

Well doesn't that just give you a warm fuzzy feeling :hug:

A special offer designed to make that person feel really special :love:

Please pass me the tissues :roll:
It seems that there are customers and valued customers. I've spent over 1200 euros on company that's making marketing decisions causing confusion and frustration among their customers.

I guess I'm not interested funding their marketing schemes anymore. They are playing very strange games. I'm jumping the ship for good. Thank you who shared that letter they sent to their loyal customers. I'm gonna give my money to company that doesn't act like some secret society.
Last edited by J4R1O on Mon May 23, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I keep pressing the space bar, but I’m still on Earth."

whyterabbyt wrote:
chrisby wrote:
I think others can get the lifetime deal already as well, just the price is higher
Not yet.
I'm pretty sure that over at the CW forum people that were not on the mailing list (and are not platinum subscribers) have already bought it by following the link and logging into their cw accounts. When I go there and log in (and my last purchase was X3, years ago) the price on the link drops to $199... so based on others experiences it seems that if I put in my CC details I would be able to purchase the "lifetime" upgrade now.

Yes most likely, those of us with the emails get it for $99

It might pay to wait until the other announcements on June 1, I doubt the price will go up, but it may come down, it's a limited time offer and supposedly goes until August 31.

I jumped at $99 even though I barely use Sonar anymore, it seems like a good deal, and now if I ever swing back towards Sonar I am all up to date with nothing to pay except for any extras I may want.
Say NO to CLAP!

chrisby wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
chrisby wrote:
Not yet.
I'm pretty sure that over at the CW forum people that were not on the mailing list (and are not platinum subscribers) have already bought it by following the link and logging into their cw accounts. When I go there and log in (and my last purchase was X3, years ago) the price on the link drops to $199... so based on others experiences it seems that if I put in my CC details I would be able to purchase the "lifetime" upgrade now.
well, but you're obviously aware that that's doing it via an unofficial loophole which CW have told people not to share or try to use. meaning that there's no guarantee that the fact that you can currently pay for it that way means that it wont be revised and rejected later when the official path gets sorted out.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:well, but you're obviously aware that that's doing it via an unofficial loophole which CW have told people not to share or try to use. meaning that there's no guarantee that the fact that you can currently pay for it that way means that it wont be revised and rejected later when the official path gets sorted out.
They've always been good about letting loopholes go through in the past so wouldn't be too worried about that.

Mystic wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:well, but you're obviously aware that that's doing it via an unofficial loophole which CW have told people not to share or try to use. meaning that there's no guarantee that the fact that you can currently pay for it that way means that it wont be revised and rejected later when the official path gets sorted out.
They've always been good about letting loopholes go through in the past so wouldn't be too worried about that.
Well, I hope so. I paid my year subscription for PLATINUM on 12/27/2015. I guess because i was a few days early, I am not seeing the deal (yet?). I reached out to Cakewalk via two methods and still have heard nothing back from them about it.

Here's hoping...

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

Unfocused wrote: Well, I hope so. I paid my year subscription for PLATINUM on 12/27/2015. I guess because i was a few days early, I am not seeing the deal (yet?). I reached out to Cakewalk via two methods and still have heard nothing back from them about it.
The email/offer was only for those that did the original AND the extension in 2016. Simply because they those people had paid twice.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”