So I Wrote A symphony

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

4 months of my life in Finale 4 with GPO.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -movements

Cool.

How many hours would you estimate went into the whole works?
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Cool.

How many hours would you estimate went into the whole works?
I worked every single day for 4 months for at least 10 hours a day. I'm too tired to do the math. LOL.

:o :o :o

:tu: :clap:
ImageImageImageImage

I don't have time to listen to all of your symphony right now but it sounds pretty good from what I've heard.

You might want to join and post one movement at a time on northernsounds.com> Garritan Libraries> The Listening Room. It's not a very active forum but nice, helpful folks there that love classical music. A few comments also from you will be most appreciated there.

:tu:

fastlanephil wrote:I don't have time to listen to all of your symphony right now but it sounds pretty good from what I've heard.

You might want to join and post one movement at a time on northernsounds.com> Garritan Libraries> The Listening Room. It's not a very active forum but nice, helpful folks there that love classical music. A few comments also from you will be most appreciated there.

:tu:
Thanks. Will do.

Musically, it's a little bit twee for me, and feels pretty samey in sections. I also think that it is held back sonically by the library used

That doesn't mean it's not an impressive piece of work. Nice :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Musically, it's a little bit twee for me, and feels pretty samey in sections. I also think that it is held back sonically by the library used

That doesn't mean it's not an impressive piece of work. Nice :tu:
Classical symphonies are traditionally "samey." In fact, they're downright repetitious. As I did mine in rhapsody style, it is, comparatively speaking, almost a renegade piece of work.

But I guess you're not really into classical music.

As for the library, well, it's the only thing compatible with Finale 4 that sounds even half decent, so I had to make the best of it.

wagtunes wrote: But I guess you're not really into classical music.
:lol:

Fantastic work!

Tbh, classical music is not my thing, but I hugely admire the skills and the talent of people who are able to create things like that.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:Fantastic work!

Tbh, classical music is not my thing, but I hugely admire the skills and the talent of people who are able to create things like that.
Thanks. I try.

Pretty generic, you heard one you heard them all. Lost interest at about 3:52. There was a slight background noise that almost sounded like a vinyl record being played. Guess I'm just low brow and proud of it. Oh well I got to go...I need to put some Neosporin on my knuckles.

wagtunes wrote:But I guess you're not really into classical music.
What do you mean by that?
wagtunes wrote:As for the library, well, it's the only thing compatible with Finale 4 that sounds even half decent, so I had to make the best of it.
Can't these parts be exported to midi and patched in other libraries?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
wagtunes wrote:But I guess you're not really into classical music.
What do you mean by that?
wagtunes wrote:As for the library, well, it's the only thing compatible with Finale 4 that sounds even half decent, so I had to make the best of it.
Can't these parts be exported to midi and patched in other libraries?
What I mean by that is if you actually think this symphony is "samey" then you don't listen to a lot of symphonies. Most are borderline monotonous as they basically play thee same theme for that movement over and over. Somebody into classical music would know that. That's all I'm saying. You clearly are not.

Karma_tba wrote:Pretty generic, you heard one you heard them all. Lost interest at about 3:52. There was a slight background noise that almost sounded like a vinyl record being played. Guess I'm just low brow and proud of it. Oh well I got to go...I need to put some Neosporin on my knuckles.
Classical music is an acquired taste. This stuff isn't for everybody. But thanks for listening.

Return to “Music Cafe”