break tweaker for $49.. is it abandonware like many izotope products?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.pluginboutique.com/products/ ... 1c6b31cd69

I'm interested as it seems to be the up to date logical replacement for idrum, to sequence my thousands of drum samples.

But i want to know if izotope have announced any sort of "no further updates" like that have for some products. If so, i won't pay 20 cents for it. They've burned me out of a lot of money in the past even though they made up for a lot of it with the cheap ozone 7 mix bundle package upgrade.

Cheers, hope someone knows.

"no further development planned for Breaktweaker" has been said by izotope, not sure about bug fixes though..

In terms of the pricetag, I guess it's no different to a sale like Waves have every other day.

However... They are really silly to get let this one gather dust - it's seriously a powerful creative tool (with a CPU hit to match).

Never used iDrum but Native Instrument's 'Polyplex' could be worth a look, Theo.

Hmmm ... my price is £35, but if I want the expansion packs (1300 samples) then it's £209. Seems like very odd pricing. Maybe they think people will buy the extra content after the initial (cheap) purchase?

ok thanks guys, i'll pass. Especially if it's cpu heavy and they have already said no further development. yet they still sell it. :dog:

and yes, with izotope, that means no bugfixes.. trust me on that. Well it at least means no updates even for just future os compatibility.

i'm sitting with a $400 logic radius license i can no longer use, amongst other things, so, yeah i'll pass.

Cheers!

Guys I have a question, and with it I mean no disrespect.

Why do you care about future development? I have a ton of old synths here that ceased being developed >20 years ago. They still work and I never yearn for future improvements.

:help:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Apple breaks compatibility with older OS so software on that platform often needs updating.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote:Apple breaks compatibility with older OS so software on that platform often needs updating.
Ok understood, but older hardware synths tend to fail over time as well.
It's then up to the user to have these synths repaired or maintain another seperate PC to keep these things running.

IMO this isn't the the developer's liability.

And before you start throwing stones, i'm on your side. However it cannot reasonably be expected can it.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Michael L wrote:Apple breaks compatibility with older OS so software on that platform often needs updating.
Ok understood, but older hardware synths tend to fail over time as well.
It's then up to the user to have these synths repaired or maintain another seperate PC to keep these things running.

IMO this isn't the the developer's liability.

And before you start throwing stones, i'm on your side. However it cannot reasonably be expected can it.
I think the importance of support and depends on the user computer habits, such as updating, or changing computers constantly.

For some it might not be an issue, for some it is.
dedication to flying

"Reasonably" also changes with the dev, eg Greenoak Crystal is free & updated. Some devs consider OSX policies too onerous.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

spot on.

@ my mate Mushy, i only created the topic because i still want to be able to use the plugin in 5 years if i have a new computer and OS. With apple, that means devs have to actively supoort products and the only ones I buy. Hope that makes sense. For example, i can still use my 18 year old waves plugins in the latest OSX.. they have all been updated to work.

Honestly, break tweaker might not even work with the next OS X. So i could get as little use out of it as 6 months for example. Let me clarify. My imac is 5 years old now exactly. When it dies, i will need a new one, and i will HAVE to use the latest OS that apple ships it with. With uad/waves/IK and many others, i absolutely know without a doubt that sooner rather than later, everything will be made to work 100%, if it doesn't already. :) cheers

TheoM wrote:ok thanks guys, i'll pass. Especially if it's cpu heavy and they have already said no further development. yet they still sell it. :dog:
Where's the beef ? :roll:

If some users still want to buy it, why can't they be allowed do that :help:

No further development is not a big issue on Windows and for that price it's a bargain.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I'm just thinking how many times I have seen somebody wanting to buy M-RGT plugs, just now a new "want it ad" showed up in market place: viewtopic.php?p=6475042

Even though discontinued, not developed further, only 32 bit Win, if only users could be allowed to buy it first hand :help:

Return to “Effects”