Tips for getting plucks thick and upfront?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I Could be wrong as I'm searching for the same answer, but I'm thinking that it gets it's UNIQUE characteristic from a HEAVY Reverb on the BASS/Low-Mid part of the pluck.... Not a long Reverb, but a THICK reverb. Obviously the reverb is not as loud as the original pluck in order to highlight the pluck, but the reverb is thick enough to give it the Up-front character.

It's important to distinguish here that it's reverb on the low/mid-low frequencies only.

Kinh wrote:Man, I am shocked :o no one, n-n-no one has any advice on this. I mean you gotsta be kiddin' me. :dog:

Most people that get on dese forums are into EDM, most are producer enthusiasts, yet no one has any opinions on how to mix plucks?! A staple in any EDM track?
Wow, I must be eff'n dreamin'. :ud:
The two posters above gave you REALLY GOOD advice.... FOR FREE!!! Now you apparently don't know enough to distinguish between mixing, production and sound design, so my suggestion is... Take the (valuable) advice given, and study it, work on it, read more, watch more tutorials, instead of expecting someone to give you a Holy Grail just like that.

If you just want to copy, there are a gazillion YouTube tutorials for that too so....

Kinh wrote:Anyone got any tips to get plucks to sit up in the mix and have that unique thick quality? Kinda like changing the strum time on a guitar vst. Ive tried a quick delay, also adding a fraction of a midi note before each note. Tried sharpening transients, also tried layering percussive sounds with tonal. Can get close but no cigar. All the producers are doing it now. Here's an example. Though Im after more an extreme version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqjVwAg5fK4
yes, first, learn how to mix well...this takes several years of intense work and determination. next learn how to smash the hell out of your sounds so they can be as a loud (but thin) as possible...without damaging people's ears. then focus on making your plucks sit out front in your mix...to your taste.
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

Oh god.

What the pluck.

Mariosprt wrote:
Kinh wrote:Man, I am shocked :o no one, n-n-no one has any advice on this. I mean you gotsta be kiddin' me. :dog:

Most people that get on dese forums are into EDM, most are producer enthusiasts, yet no one has any opinions on how to mix plucks?! A staple in any EDM track?
Wow, I must be eff'n dreamin'. :ud:
The two posters above gave you REALLY GOOD advice.... FOR FREE!!! Now you apparently don't know enough to distinguish between mixing, production and sound design, so my suggestion is... Take the (valuable) advice given, and study it, work on it, read more, watch more tutorials, instead of expecting someone to give you a Holy Grail just like that.

If you just want to copy, there are a gazillion YouTube tutorials for that too so....
If you had read the WHOLE post you would have discovered :o I actually found the solution

Return to “Production Techniques”