Pictures of your builds!

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

2nd prototype, does what it should now but having noise issues. Once I've gotten the bugs worked out, I'll start routing a PCB...

Too be continued...

I've had these PCBs and panels for a while and I'm finally getting around to building some modules.

I'm planning a mostly DIY synth built from a CD case which I used to build my very first eurorack case.

Dual 258j w/ Clarke panel
I've added some switches for linking the v/oct inputs for the two oscillators and selecting normalled CV sources.
ImageImageImage

Toppobrillo TWF w/ Manhattan Analog panel
ImageImageImage

Toppobrillo TWF w/ Grayscale panel
ImageImageImage

Toppobrillo Dual 281 w/ Grayscale panel
I added momentary push button switches for triggering the envelopes.
ImageImageImage

awesome Justin :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Built a keyboard stand using off-cuts left over from making some shelves. These weren't long enough, hence the parts bolted together.
The heaviest keyboard I have is about 12 kg, which it supports just fine without wobbling, but here it is with the Korg Sigma at 11 kg.

Very neat build. Approve of the use of leftover materials too. :)

I like the removable arms, what are the clips that hold them when it's folded?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Thanks Gary. Recycling and re-purposing all the way for me. I could easily have picked up a used stand for next to nothing but my studio is now in the living room which is largely wood featured and has a tatami mat floor (not the room seen in the picture above). The wooden feet shouldn't cause any damage.

Hink - those clips came from the 100 yen shop (dollar store equivalent?). They're for hanging brooms & mops - just the right size!

knockman wrote:Thanks Gary. Recycling and re-purposing all the way for me. I could easily have picked up a used stand for next to nothing but my studio is now in the living room which is largely wood featured and has a tatami mat floor (not the room seen in the picture above). The wooden feet shouldn't cause any damage.

Hink - those clips came from the 100 yen shop (dollar store equivalent?). They're for hanging brooms & mops - just the right size!
Well done...I love these kinds of repurposing Projects.

:clap:
Last edited by bftucker on Sat May 28, 2016 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
바보

knockman wrote:Thanks Gary. Recycling and re-purposing all the way for me. I could easily have picked up a used stand for next to nothing but my studio is now in the living room which is largely wood featured and has a tatami mat floor (not the room seen in the picture above). The wooden feet shouldn't cause any damage.

my wife works in one of those stores...the sell the brooms too, I said "what's that...a witch's yugo" :clown:

That is a beautiful keyboard stand! Great work, knockman.

The first phase of my DIY synth project is complete:

This is the core of the synth voice. A dual oscillator, triple wave folder, dual envelope generator, dual lowpass gate, cross fader and stereo effect processor.

These modules are pre-patched via jack switches (connect a patch cable to break the normalled connection). The red wires in this rats nest are the normalled connections.

ImageImage
The Dual Thomas White LPG, J3rk Cross fader and Claude (DIY version of Mutable Instruments Clouds) are new since my last post.

The beginning of phase 2:
Orbitals sequencer
ImageImage

:tu: you seeing crosseyed yet?

It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Hey Justin, how do you like the Thomas White LPG? I have the triple in MU and I've finished 2 of them. It has been on the bench waiting for me to do the 3rd for quite awhile. I should go finish it. I put VTL5C3's on the first two and putting VTL5C4's on the 3rd (supposedly :P ).

Anyhow, just wonderer how you implemented the summing? There were a couple of options on the pcb.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”