PG-8X (2.0) released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

I just want to thank you for this really cool synth. Also, big thanks to all the folks that worked on supplying sysex banks and patches. My goodness there are tons of awesome presets in there..

Make sure you guys visit the links section on this page and download the goodies:

https://sites.google.com/site/mlvst0/
Play it by ear

I love the plugin. Do you plan on doing a JX-10/MKS-70 emulation one day?

Dandruff wrote:
martin_l wrote:Thanks, I will have a look.
I forgot to mention the last step to reproduce: "stop before note end".

I guess this has to do something with the "buffer flushing" stuff because REAPER doesn't send a note-off in this case (with my REAPER settings). But other synths stop fine here (even without that note-off).
I am still investigating, but noticed so far, that this only happens if "Input Monitoring" is on. Once you disable that, it seems to behave ok.

The strange thing is, that if it is ON, the plugin actually does not receive any Note-Off events or even OnActivate(false) calls, which could trigger switching off playing notes.

Cheers,
Martin

fischkopf wrote:Do you plan on doing a JX-10/MKS-70 emulation one day?
Yes, he does. :tu:

Thanks so much for this! :phones:

Captures very nice this Roland sound! Good work and thanks to make it free available!

beely wrote:
fischkopf wrote:Do you plan on doing a JX-10/MKS-70 emulation one day?
Yes, he does. :tu:
Well, I have to say that this is not decided yet. It is basically a time issue for me.

On the other hand, I would say that you can already cover most ground of the MKS-70, through the 12 voice polyphony, or through layering two instances. What is missing is only the Cross fade modes and the Chase modes (which probably you could simulate with some clever MIDI scripting)

Cheers,
Martin

martin_l wrote:Well, I have to say that this is not decided yet. It is basically a time issue for me.
Sorry - yeah, it's something in the past you've certainly indicated you want to do - which is not a promise, of course!
martin_l wrote:On the other hand, I would say that you can already cover most ground of the MKS-70, through the 12 voice polyphony, or through layering two instances. What is missing is only the Cross fade modes and the Chase modes (which probably you could simulate with some clever MIDI scripting)
Yes, and I was indeed thinking of looking at converting the JX-10 patches into two PG-8X instances and whatever else was needed, but put that down the priorities if indeed something better was going to come along (one day!)

Thanks for your work on this great sounding synth!
I have a project that used an older version and, after updating the plugin, the sound is different. I'm guessing that is due to preset banks from the old version 1.0x not being compatible. You mentioned in your first post that older presets can be converted to version 2. What's the easiest/fastest way to do that?

emCar wrote:Thanks for your work on this great sounding synth!
I have a project that used an older version and, after updating the plugin, the sound is different. I'm guessing that is due to preset banks from the old version 1.0x not being compatible. You mentioned in your first post that older presets can be converted to version 2. What's the easiest/fastest way to do that?
Which version did you have previously? If it was the 1.02 version, then you can get the version 1.04 from here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/535 ... x-1.04.dll

If you use this version, instead of the 1.02, you can send patches as SYSEX. If your host passes SYSEX to the next plugin (reaper does, Herman Seib's Minihost does...) then you can chain them up, make sure they are on the same MIDI channel, and enable JX-8P Sysex on the old PG-8X.

Once you selected a patch, click that grey button in the middle of the GUI. That will trigger the SYSEX. The patch should then be transferred to the new version.

Let me know if you run into trouble.

Cheers,
Martin

Excellent - many thanks for this great synth Martin.

Fantastic work, Martin! Thanks a lot! :tu:

Cheers, Björn

PG-8X is updated to version 2.0.12.

Bugfixes:
  • Trigger mode is now correctly recalled.
  • Hanging notes in Poly 2 mode are fixed.
  • All-Notes-Off is now correctly implemented.
Changes:
  • The missing filter in the chorus circuit in now implemented.
Cheers,
Martin

Thank you for this great free jxp8 clone :)
I tried it in the early days but didn't think much of it at that time.
Saw that it got updated today and gave it a second chance and i love it :tu:

And that you can use jxp8 sysex directly is great too :)

Can anybody successfully load a preset in Cubase SX2 or SX3?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Instruments”