Amplitube 4 trashing presets repeatedly

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No worries I can understand the frustration :D.

Yeah, after reading the XML I was honestly hoping to get more out of the file then what I did. All I can say is that clearly both files only contain the EQ.

Let me highlight what I did to make sure I am doing exactly what you are stating.

1) Opened AT4 and loaded a preset called 'test'
2) Saved a stomp model with an analog chorus called 'test1'
3) Saved preset as 'test1'
4) Flipped to my 'vox-fender' preset then back to my 'test1'

For me everything worked fine doing the above. Am I missing a step? Or doing this correctly?

Thanks,
Kevin
Win 7 | Dual Xeon x5680 | 48 GB RAM | Saffire Pro 40 | Yamaha HS50 monitors |Cubase 8.5 Pro|
Kevin DiGennaro

theEmbark wrote:1) Opened AT4 and loaded a preset called 'test'
2) Saved a stomp model with an analog chorus called 'test1'
3) Saved preset as 'test1'
4) Flipped to my 'vox-fender' preset then back to my 'test1'
I think your step 3 may not be exactly what I'm doing, not clear.

The key moves are to load a full preset, save a stomp preset, then do a straight Save of the current full preset. That saves the stomp content into the full preset's file, corrupting it. If your step 3 wording meant you saved your preset under a different name than the original, then you used Save As, not Save, which as Harry_K found, avoids the problem.

The only big takeaway from the XML is that the full preset's file extension is "at4p", but the Format field inside it contains "at4m", which is a module preset, not a full one. AT saved a module preset into a full preset file.

Thanks to all for working through this.

Just heard back from IK support:
With your provided steps we were able to recreate the bug here and have passed this information along to our Dev team for fixing.

The bug is in our tracking system and given its nature, it will be fixed quickly. I should have some more details shortly on when this will be fixed and I will update you here.

We appreciate your feedback here and patience while this is fixed.
That pretty much settles it I'd say, the bug is real, we're waiting for the fix, and being careful in the mean time.

So. I hate to do this, since I really like Amplitube in other ways, but here goes.

For anyone who's using or considering buying Amplitube, be aware that this bug is still not addressed.

The ticket was opened 2-7-2016, and it's now 5-24-2016, with no fix, or even a status update. A confirmed bug that reliably corrupts user data shouldn't go this long without a solution.

Either the development process for Amplitube is completely stalled, or nobody gives a @#$%.

In this context, all the specials on Amplitube stuff just piss me off. IK's working so hard on making more money, without taking care of existing customers, or warning potential new ones about a known bug that flat out destroys user data during normal operation.

Really crappy corporate priorities.

FWIW, got this from IK support in response to my inquiry yesterday:
Thanks for your continued patience.

I can confirm that we will begin testing the update that resolves this issue in
the next few days. Testing time can vary as if any serious issues arise it can
delay things, but I would hope we are roughly 1.5-2 weeks out from posting. If
posting occurs sooner, I will alert you here via this ticket.

We do apologize for the delays here in a resolution and any inconvenience
caused.
Who knows what will actually happen when.

Return to “Effects”