Acoustic Samples B5 - Hammond Organ VSTi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B-5 Organ

Defeating preset keys is not something that is governed by UVI Workstation - this is how Acoustic Samples scripted their product to work. So I suppose you should read the manual for B5 and see if they included a way to disable the preset keys. :)

Not sure why you figured this would run in Kontakt - it is a UVI powered instrument, which means it has nothing to do with Kontakt. While Kontakt is pretty much ubiquitous, it is not the only sample playback engine out there :)

This one sounds awesome whereas some of the organs out there are very flat and muddy sounding.

The sample tracks don`t do it any favours. All a bit same-y till you get to the distorted ones, which ALSO then sound a bit same-y.
Still running B4II in Win10 Pro 64bit and happy.
N.I.`s "replacement" really sucks IMO, which is why I never took advantage of their "upgrade" offer at the time.
Also have VB3 but I would like to have something that runs 64bit native. Shame there`s no demo.

My main complaint with all the also-rans is the dodgy Leslie simulation. Didnt like PSPs or Meldas much either.
Any other Leslie suggestions?
so many samples, so little time....

VB3 does have a 64-bit native version for Windows...

And VB3 runs just fine in LP X with 32Lives.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Just got the B5 last night and so far this is the best sounding B3 simulation to me.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Alright guys, since you (and people from other forums) have been asking for a few features including the possibility to make it more Rock oriented, we just added a few features (there will be a newsletter about it given how many new things have been added since the release).

First, we added the Amp section present in our other libraries, so there is a list of about 10 amps in mono or stereo versions including Fender amps, Rhodes and even Bass amps (and others). The last two demos in our demo list are using amps and not the Leslie.

Second, there is the possibility to use the sustain pedal to actually sustain notes.

And then there are a few other things that some of you might already have in their versions like the toggle rotation speed for the pedal, the possibility to assign on/off buttons from hardware keyboards to percussions buttons, the possibility to de-activate the presets keys, a distance knob to control the amount of "room" present in the Leslie simulation (this one is subtle and you can hear it when playing staccato notes without the reverb engaged), and we made the texts bigger for the non-retina screen users (this has been there for a while, but wasn't in the first release).

:clap:

/Joachim

Thank you thysm00, especially for the option to de-activate the presets keys :clap:

Has anyone figured out how to get sustain (controller 64) to work on the VST version within a host-
in my case Cubase Pro 8.5 on Mac Yosemite. It is available on the standalone version as a tab on the controller assignments, albeit with reversed polarity when used on my Yamaha P-95.
No such tab shows up in the hosted plugin on Cubase.

Thanks!

ivansc wrote: My main complaint with all the also-rans is the dodgy Leslie simulation. Didnt like PSPs or Meldas much either.
Any other Leslie suggestions?
The Leslie simulation of B5 seems decent enough to me, and way better than what offered by NI B4 and VB3. Especially at high speed.
I'm not sure how that compares to Melda's and PSP's emulations. Here I found a nice comparison of those against the VB3: https://youtu.be/t9e4qTZ5MSA
.:: (noou) - electronic + music ::.
https://noou.bandcamp.com

Roger Barnes wrote:Has anyone figured out how to get sustain (controller 64) to work on the VST version within a host-
in my case Cubase Pro 8.5 on Mac Yosemite. It is available on the standalone version as a tab on the controller assignments, albeit with reversed polarity when used on my Yamaha P-95.
No such tab shows up in the hosted plugin on Cubase.

Thanks!
If it does not show, you might have to unload and reload the B-5 completely to make sure it's not using a cached old version. There should not be any difference at all between the standalone and the plugin version.

Thysm00-Got the sustain working-thanks!

Thysm00-Sustain is working but the polarity is reversed in both the standalone and plugin versions-in the UVI player alongside your own Kawai piano, controller 64 behaves as expected on the piano (0=off/127= on-pedal down) but is the opposite when applied to
the B5 organ- please have a look-thanks!

On my Hammond M 102, if I wanted sustain, I had to keep the keys pressed… :hihi:

/Joachim

Return to “Instruments”