Open Letter from Florian at NI on Maschine development.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been wondering for a while what the heck is going on with Maschine and it's been addressed to some extent and communication has been reopened with forthcoming Q&As and an update is due that addresses some of the long standing issues like the sequencer apparently: https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ty.270814/

I'm glad to see this, long time coming but it looks promising.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Actually nothing is addressed, right now it is a marketing game, Maschine has been ignored entirely by NI, that is being shouted all across any Maschine related online presence by its users, NI need to stop that happening, this is an attempt at that, nothing more.
Until they make a release that brings Maschine back up to spec and then continues with the quick releases promised by the needed v2 complete rewrite, we have to assume that NI are NI and on previous history, Maschine is on the edge of discontinuation in favour of the next flavour of the month at NI.
Most of the Maschine staff have left in recent years, that could be a warning.
Duh

Some news is at least better than nothing. Seems that rather than secretly working on an all-singing and dancing version 3, they are only just getting back onto updating v2. As NI don't seem willing to develop Maschine into a fully fledged DAW anytime soon, the target of better integration with other DAWs would certainly be welcomed.

One issue I have that I don't see brought up very much is CPU efficiency. The same plugins take about twice as much CPU in Maschine standalone as they do in FL Studio at the same sample rate.

And I feel like most complaints about sequencer/DAW issues could be handled with ease compared to the effort they put into Komplete Kontrol integration.

Overall though, I'm still pretty happy with Maschine standalone and use it exclusively. I have a remix project coming up as soon as they send me the stems, and plan to do the majority of the work in Maschine.

The bugs should be squashed. End of story there.

On the other hand I don't think anyone has a right to complain that new features havent been developed - you bought the product without them, so you should have the mindset that anything extra is a bonus.

I can understand why people would get the feeling that something has been 'abandoned' if bugs arent getting fixed. Arguably something just as bad is companies that pile on new updates and ignore long standing bugs... Assuming its not just a load of hot air, Florian seems to be taking a good approach...

Well, that open letter said nothing meaningful. Meanwhile, I find myself reverting back to v1 for its better workflow (for my needs, ymmv) and fewer bugs.
db3 wrote:As NI don't seem willing to develop Maschine into a fully fledged DAW anytime soon, the target of better integration with other DAWs would certainly be welcomed.
I would actually prefer the latter over the former. I don't need/want Maschine to be a full DAW. It's becoming a convoluted mess IMO. Again, ymmv.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

As long as my Maschine 2 Mikro continues to serve me as a MIDI controller for Superior Drummer, I'm as happy as a stalker in your closet. :shrug:
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Read the rest of the thread, another Florian addresses some of hte concerns raised in the thread about no mention of the stuff everyones been asking about (and promised).

If you remember Ni were actively asking for feedback on development and said they were going to improve the sequencer and maschine which is what the 2.0 rewrite was about...

They dropped the ball, no question, decided to focus on the KK range and nks format but now say the focus is firmly back on maschine which does kinda address the concern that it's been abandoned.

There's an update due as well with an iterative update to the sequencer, curious what that will be. Hope it's good!

Will have to get stuck in at the Q&A, gonna have a good think about what i want to ask.

Good point about CPU efficiency as well, you've got Komplete running on a single core?! Is KK multicore? Would definitely raise that. Also PDC as i'd like to use effects like soundtoys, it does limit what you can use with maschine.

The ideal for me is to be able to develop an idea in Maschine then bring into Live with a group i have saved and load the vst so i can track out easily but yeah bugs need fixing, i've has a few crashes recently with standalone maschine.

Hmmm, kinda miss the simplicity of 1.8 too cryophonik! Guess there is an sense of Maschine trying to be all things to all people and losing it's primary focus.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

fallacy wrote:On the other hand I don't think anyone has a right to complain that new features havent been developed - you bought the product without them, so you should have the mindset that anything extra is a bonus.
I agree in the general sense, but in specific regards to Maschine several promises have been made by the NI development team. If you skim through the "On The Record" thread on the forum, you will see this clearly. Years later its become hugely frustrating to see how far from these promises they are, especially when the feature requests are so simple (record mutes etc).

Glad they are at least opening lines of communication again after silence for so long.

The second Florian's post is better than the first one honestly. :D

Gagging orders and bans a plenty over there right now hahaha, apparently paying customers who are spoken to like they are completely stupid, have to show respect haha

I have no idea when it happened, but when did a paying customer become wrong all the time, it used to be the customer is right ??
Duh

just out of curiosity, is kore abandon scenario for maschine is on the horizont?

bronxsound wrote:just out of curiosity, is kore abandon scenario for maschine is on the horizont?
The point of those posts was to say that no, they're not abandoning Maschine and never actually stopped work on it.

foosnark wrote:
bronxsound wrote:just out of curiosity, is kore abandon scenario for maschine is on the horizont?
The point of those posts was to say that no, they're not abandoning Maschine and never actually stopped work on it.
Maybe you weren't around, but they did the same thing just before doing what they did to Kore, this letter is nothing but damage control, Maschine is my go to host for writing my own music, but i wouldn't trust NI as far as i could spit them.
Duh

Return to “Instruments”