miniBit - 8-bit/Chiptune Synth - v1.6.5 - Custom Waveform Editor!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
miniBit

Yep, out now!
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Check out these 4 tracks made with miniBit (and other samples) from the Porcunipine Soundtrack by RedNoise Music:
https://soundcloud.com/rednoisevgm/sets ... soundtrack

Check the game on Steam here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/352620/

A new track added to the playlist, a bit unusual, shows miniBit used in a ambient track along with other instruments.

Ambient Bits by Mathias Brüssel
https://soundcloud.com/audiothing/minibit-ambient-bits

We have just uploaded a new video! Check it out:

How to make a 8bit/chiptune song with miniBit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY0g-UTKqTY
Also don't miss the sale, 20% off miniBit until Jan 18th.

Hi.

I got the Minibit and I love it! The super easy interface makes my work fast and intuitive.

One question though: I run my DAW (Logic Pro X) on two computers, a stationary at the studio and one laptop I have on the move - and I am a lot on the move.. Can I run the same license on these two or do I have to get separate ones?

Best regards,
Peter
Analogue and digital alike - inside and outside the box. All good music is done with passion and love, not religious convictions!

subject36 wrote:Hi.

I got the Minibit and I love it! The super easy interface makes my work fast and intuitive.

One question though: I run my DAW (Logic Pro X) on two computers, a stationary at the studio and one laptop I have on the move - and I am a lot on the move.. Can I run the same license on these two or do I have to get separate ones?

Best regards,
Peter
Hi and sorry about the loooong delay. It seems like I didn't get the KVR notification for the reply. Anyway, yes, you can use the same license on up to 3 computers that you own and operate yourself.

Update v1.2.0
To update, please click here.

Changelog:
  • Fixed a bug causing some saved projects to crash on loading
  • Improved CPU optimization 

Just got the Massive Bundle and really like this synth, which has a more relaxing vibe of chiptune sound. I also got Frost Bite, when used together it's becoming a lo-fi heaven. Exactly what I'm looking for!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

The Samplerate labeling is a bit weird - It looks like it goes from 1x Oversampling to 50x Oversampling, but obviously it's actually doing 1x sample-rate to 1/50th sample-rate. Trying to think of a better label so the orientation of the controls still make sense: 'Samplerate Reduce' ? 'Downsampling'? 'Resampler' ?

They said update is planned, but no specific date. Hopefully more interesting features will be added.

mcbpete wrote:The Samplerate labeling is a bit weird - It looks like it goes from 1x Oversampling to 50x Oversampling, but obviously it's actually doing 1x sample-rate to 1/50th sample-rate. Trying to think of a better label so the orientation of the controls still make sense: 'Samplerate Reduce' ? 'Downsampling'? 'Resampler' ?
You are right, it's not clear. We'll change it in the next update.
crystalmsc wrote:They said update is planned, but no specific date. Hopefully more interesting features will be added.
Yes, we have a bunch of new updates coming for older plugins, and we'll definitely update miniBit, but no ETA yet.

audiothing wrote:Yes, we have a bunch of new updates coming for older plugins, and we'll definitely update miniBit, but no ETA yet.
Sounds great, would love to see more gritty waveforms and more filters. Also more lush and modern sounding reverberation capabilities to Frostbite, really love it for cinematic ambiance.

crystalmsc wrote:
audiothing wrote:Yes, we have a bunch of new updates coming for older plugins, and we'll definitely update miniBit, but no ETA yet.
Sounds great, would love to see more gritty waveforms and more filters. Also more lush and modern sounding reverberation capabilities to Frostbite, really love it for cinematic ambiance.
Yep, we plan to add a few more waveforms to miniBit, and a few new options for Frostbite. Hopefully in a few months.

Here is my review of the 9 plugins from the AudioThing Bundle ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ASVK13j1Pc&t=1140s
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

miniBit 1.5

We've updated miniBit to version 1.5!
You can download the update from your user area.

What's new?
New GUI, 3 new waveforms, Pitch Envelope, Sub-Osc Tune, 75+ new presets, VST3 format, and more! (Full changelog at the bottom of the product page).

Important Notes
This update requires a new activation! Please, download the new license from your user area. You can now drag and drop the license into the registration window!

We have improved lots of features, including the LFO and the filter.
Old presets may sound slightly different from the original version. If you are afraid that some of your projects may be affected by this, please, bounce/freeze your tracks BEFORE updating to 1.5.

Return to “Instruments”