SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

It's the version I downloaded earlier this evening, 2.8.2

Ok, because I read there will be version 2.8.3 soon.

Finally bit the bullet today and downloaded the update while holding my breath. LOL.

Whole thing took about 2 minutes. Seamless.

There are some differences in operation from 2.7 that are going to take some getting used to. Not everything is where it was and doing what it did. I found myself fumbling a bit for certain things. Maybe have to read the manual but trying to avoid doing so. Sometimes finding things out on your own is way more fun.

Anyway, thank you SO much for the generous update. have been with Synthmaster since 2.5 and it has always been one of my favorites.

EnGee wrote:Ok, because I read there will be version 2.8.3 soon.
yep. I fixed some crashers, it's time to update and make an official "press release" announcement
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
EnGee wrote:Ok, because I read there will be version 2.8.3 soon.
yep. I fixed some crashers, it's time to update and make an official "press release" announcement
Thanks a lot :tu:

I'm having trouble getting the vocoder FX to work. Before I drive myself crazy, is this an FX that can only be used when Synthmaster is actually used as an FX insert? Most vocoders work that way and I was just wondering if this is the case or if I'm doing something wrong or if it's possible it's a bug.

Tomorrow I'll post my exact steps and maybe somebody can debug this and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

wagtunes wrote:I'm having trouble getting the vocoder FX to work. Before I drive myself crazy, is this an FX that can only be used when Synthmaster is actually used as an FX insert? Most vocoders work that way and I was just wondering if this is the case or if I'm doing something wrong or if it's possible it's a bug.

Tomorrow I'll post my exact steps and maybe somebody can debug this and tell me what I'm doing wrong.
I have two presets that show off the vocoder. (the ones that start with VOC ): On layer 1 there's drums/audio and that is used as the modulator for the layer 2 synth. Vocoder is used as an layer 2 insert fx on those presets.

If you are using SynthMasterFX, of course you can use the incoming audio input as the modulator for the vocoder. I will try to post a Reaper project here tomorrow. (It's 11:58 PM right now and still trying to finish 2.8.3 update :lol: )
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:I have two presets that show off the vocoder. (the ones that start with VOC ): On layer 1 there's drums/audio and that is used as the modulator for the layer 2 synth. Vocoder is used as an layer 2 insert fx on those presets.
If you are using SynthMasterFX, of course you can use the incoming audio input as the modulator for the vocoder. I will try to post a Reaper project here tomorrow. (It's 11:58 PM right now and still trying to finish 2.8.3 update :lol: )
One more question on the vocoder:
If I use it as a Layer FX, I get the new detailed GUI, but if I use it as a Global FX, I don't.
Is that how it's supposed to be or am I missing something?
The Docs didn't help me in that regard (or I didn't find it :oops: ).

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

kv331 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I'm having trouble getting the vocoder FX to work. Before I drive myself crazy, is this an FX that can only be used when Synthmaster is actually used as an FX insert? Most vocoders work that way and I was just wondering if this is the case or if I'm doing something wrong or if it's possible it's a bug.

I have two presets that show off the vocoder. (the ones that start with VOC ): On layer 1 there's drums/audio and that is used as the modulator for the layer 2 synth. Vocoder is used as an layer 2 insert fx on those presets.

Thank you kind sir. I actually figured it out just before calling it a night. I'm an idiot. I forgot to actually click on the activate button to make the effect live. That's what happens when you do things later at night.

At least I was able to find the volume knob.

Absolutely LOVE this update. I can't say enough wonderful things about it.

I'm having problems with the vocoder/audio input in Sonar(newest version). The audio that comes though Synthmaster sounds distorted and lower in volume. At first I thought it was just clipping, but even after turning down the incoming audio it is still distorted.

Chandlerhimself wrote:I'm having problems with the vocoder/audio input in Sonar(newest version). The audio that comes though Synthmaster sounds distorted and lower in volume. At first I thought it was just clipping, but even after turning down the incoming audio it is still distorted.
I guess even when you set the threshold of the audio input oscillator to zero there's a finite threshold that triggers new notes, I was able to reproduce that with the attached Reaper project. I will work on that and also improve the triggering for the audio input osc :tu: Maybe an audio input display also in v3.0 :)

Oops I can not attach projects too large. Ok, I'll upload on the server.
Works at KV331 Audio

Synthmaster 2.8.2 doesn't show up in Bitwig 1.3.9.

OSX 10.9.5 here

Edit : Crashes Reaper as well! :dog:

Folks,

I just uploaded v2.8.3

This update fixes a lot of major issues:

1. FIX: Renaming presets crash SynthMaster
2. FIX: Deleting presets crash SynthMaster
3. FIX: Loading preset metadata might crash SynthMaster
4. FIX: SynthMaster incorrectly categorizes waveforms with '.' in their names as multisamples
5. FIX: Clicking on left right arrows crash SynthMaster Player
6. FIX: SynthMaster Player doesnt open up session files saved with v2.7
7. FIX: FavouritePresets.txt file might crash SynthMaster
8. FIX: License Key File Request dialog doesn't show up on some MacOSX systems

Updates are at: http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadupdates.aspx

For those of you on OSX experiencing crash/fail on startup, first install the above update, and then rescan VST/AU plugins in your DAW application. If the license key dialog fails to load again, you'll be redirected to http://www.synthmaster.com/requestlicensefile.aspx to retrieve your license key file. It should be in your inbox in about 5 minutes. Copy that file to Documents/SynthMaster folder and rescan VST/AU plugins in your DAW again.
Last edited by kv331 on Thu May 26, 2016 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio

Thanks.. Bulent, my issue is fixed.
Much Appreciated and congrats again.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Thanks.. Bulent, my issue is fixed.
Much Appreciated and congrats again.
rsp
:tu: :party:

Now off to Ankara :hyper:
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”