Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave

blutronic wrote:Something similar happens because selecting patches from the menu is broken although it does not crash the plugin or FL. The Arrows work to select a patch but if I try to do this with the pull down, the menu seems to hang and becomes unresponsive. You cannot use the pulldown to select patches reliably. Sometimes I am able to sporadically get the pull down to respond and do something and I can change a patch but it will lock up after a few clicks. I can continue to close and open it by clicking on the patch name that has been selected using the arrows but the menu stops working completely after doing this a few times.
I have also experienced this...on win 7, 64bit AMD chipset, live 8 64 bit
blutronic wrote: I can also report that when in the "Wave" tab view, the "Color" and "Cut Peaks" bar graphs are unresponsive. Also trying the manipulate the 3D picture (rotate it's view etc) of the wave by click on it and holding the mouse 1 button does not seem to work as intended. I can only get it to rotate or move a very very small amount and it seems stuck just like the bar graphs for Color and Cut Peaks.
I have also experienced this...on win 7, 64bit AMD chipset, live 8 64 bit

Ok, interesting. Good to know since I haven't got a NFR for FL Studio.

Are you using HDPI monitors?
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.

not in my case anyway. I'm testing on a laptop monitor, max resolution 1366 x 768, graphics adapter = AMD Radeon HD 8400 / R3 series

temporubato wrote:Last update of Nave was last month with version 1.13 Nave is now about a year old and we made a couple of updates mainly fixing stuff and little enhancements. I wouldn't say that we don't care about Nave.

The problems blutronic describes I have to look into. Once fixed we'll do an update.

The fx modulation is still on my list. No promises when it will be released - otherwise I'll be wrong and beaten anyway :-)

And right, we have to balance new developments and maintaining existing stuff. This is different than companies doing bundle sales like NI or Arturia. There you de facto rent their stuff by upgrading the whole bundle version every other year.

Cheers
Rolf

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent a little time investigating the Nave crash issue running in BitWig.  I found a problem with the ATI Radeon graphics driver.  I noticed that Daag is also running a Radeon card so we are probably having the same issue. 

The Windows event log shows the following crash involving the atio6axx.dll which is the AMD/ATI Graphics card software (Catalyst Control Center).  Current driver / software version 15.20 (latest one), Running on an AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series.   BitWig version 1.3.6.  

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:                        APPCRASH
  Application Name:                             BitwigPluginHost64.exe
  Application Version:                           0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:                     569d18c3
  Fault Module Name:                          atio6axx.dll
  Fault Module Version:                        6.14.10.13399
  Fault Module Timestamp:                  55c029a0
  Exception Code:                                  c0000005
  Exception Offset:                                0000000001dad5f9
  OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:                                             1033
  Additional Information 1:                  ad97
  Additional Information 2:                  ad97099cc5c35fc0de693f1fbd97f2d4
  Additional Information 3:                  3fd1
  Additional Information 4:                  3fd108057ed698002d4a8a027166b3e2

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Faulting application name: BitwigPluginHost64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x569d18c3
Faulting module name: atio6axx.dll, version: 6.14.10.13399, time stamp: 0x55c029a0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001dad5f9
Faulting process id: 0x1778
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1a013d7f66da4
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Bitwig Studio\bin\x64\BitwigPluginHost64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\atio6axx.dll
Report Id: c33f1a31-0c07-11e6-9f85-005056c00002

In Bitwig, I can start up Nave and it will run as long as I like if I select the first patch in the list with using the arrow key.  It will crash with the above error if I open the browser and select a patch or an author or a category.   I would be grateful if you have any ideas about how to proceed.  I have found nothing with Google to indicate a solution yet. 

BTW, When a patch does work just after startup, I have also observed in the WAVE tab that moving the red line to select a position in the wave table or moving the blue line can and often does stop play back of sound if a note is held down while you are move the lines.   The sound resumes by simply releasing and pressing the key down again.  Not a big deal but odd behavior non the less. 

Thanks for your time Rolf

CHEERS...

Intersting, great thanks for the data!

Just a quick question to avoid misunderstanding:

The normal controls like buttons, fader and switches of Nave, do they work ok?

Also, you could run an OpenGL compatibility analysis with this free and useful tool:

http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.php

You could email or PM me screenshots from the result.

temporubato wrote:Last update of Nave was last month with version 1.13 Nave is now about a year old and we made a couple of updates mainly fixing stuff and little enhancements. I wouldn't say that we don't care about Nave.

The problems blutronic describes I have to look into. Once fixed we'll do an update.

The fx modulation is still on my list. No promises when it will be released - otherwise I'll be wrong and beaten anyway :-)

And right, we have to balance new developments and maintaining existing stuff. This is different than companies doing bundle sales like NI or Arturia. There you de facto rent their stuff by upgrading the whole bundle version every other year.

Cheers
Rolf
Thanks for the swift response Rolf, I'm just trying to push you a little :)
These synths are the heart of my setup...
Keep up the good work then and I'll try to be more patient :D

temporubato wrote:Intersting, great thanks for the data!

Just a quick question to avoid misunderstanding:

The normal controls like buttons, fader and switches of Nave, do they work ok?

Also, you could run an OpenGL compatibility analysis with this free and useful tool:

http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.php

You could email or PM me screenshots from the result.
All buttons, sliders and knobs work if I use the arrow to select the first factory patch in Nave, “0-Day Attacks: A Bass” while running the plugin in Bitwig. This includes manipulating the 3D rendered wave graphic and the “color” and “ Cut Peaks” bar graphs displayed on the Wave page. If I select subsequent patches or I use the patch browser pull down, Nave Crashes in Bitwig.

In FL studio 12, I can select patches using the arrow keys as long as I want. All sliders, knobs and buttons work “Except” the 3D rendered wave and “Color” or “Cut Peaks” bar graphs on the wave page. These controls never work in FL. If I use the Menu browser in FL, it may work for one or two patches but then degrades to not functioning and it finally crashed FL with tonight’s testing so now I see the crash in both DAW’s.

Here is the crash event for FL

Faulting application name: FL64.exe, version: 1.1.11.0, time stamp: 0x56696711
Faulting module name: Nave.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56e68f2e
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000074929
Faulting process id: 0x319c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1a0ed8fba7450
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 12\FL64.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins\Waldorf\NAVE\Waldorf\Nave.dll
Report Id: 2a25cff8-0ce3-11e6-8e5d-d3ef88182aaa

I installed the Open GL Extensions View 4.4.3 and took a screen shot of the Open GL compatibility screen which I am sending to you. Let me know if you would like to run additional tests or provide more screen shots.

Rolf -

One more piece to the puzzle regarding the crashes with Nave.

Wanted to let you know that I installed Ableton Live Lite 9.6 on the same system that I have been testing Nave on with FL Studio 12 and BitWig 1.3. Nave runs just fine with no problems on Ableton. Everything works in the GUI and no crashes so far. Does this help to pinpoint where to look for the crash issues in BitWig or FL?

Did you get a chance to look at the Open GL Compatibility analysis that I sent you on PM? Any thoughts? Do you need anything else from me?

Cheers

I made this short track playing around with Nave's Envelope Loop feature on an analog unison bass.
Added a few extra tracks. All sounds except the beat are from Nave.

https://soundcloud.com/soarer/a-passing-stream

I think it would be great if the envelope parameters could be set as modulation targets.

blutronic wrote:Rolf -

One more piece to the puzzle regarding the crashes with Nave.

Wanted to let you know that I installed Ableton Live Lite 9.6 on the same system that I have been testing Nave on with FL Studio 12 and BitWig 1.3. Nave runs just fine with no problems on Ableton. Everything works in the GUI and no crashes so far. Does this help to pinpoint where to look for the crash issues in BitWig or FL?

Did you get a chance to look at the Open GL Compatibility analysis that I sent you on PM? Any thoughts? Do you need anything else from me?

Cheers
What i do know, is that the vst3 version is running smooth in FL Studio. VST2.4 not so much...

Soarer wrote:I think it would be great if the envelope parameters could be set as modulation targets.
Agree. Would be nice.

I like your track btw. Relaxing.

Thanks mate!

It would be nice to hear more of the sounds and music people are making with Nave.
If anyone would like to share what you are doing with Nave please do.

FYI: I did a fix based on a Sonar bug report which could be also relevant for other Win DAWs. I'm also awaiting a FL Studio NFR to test the problems reported there. I plan to release the current fix in the next days. If anyone like to test the release candidate, please PM me. (Valid Nave license required.)

v1.14 is online with the respective fixes.

Best
Rolf

temporubato wrote:v1.14 is online with the respective fixes.

Best
Rolf
Hi Rolf,

Are the fixes only related to Windows? In other words, is there any point for a Mac user to download 1.14?

Kind regards,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Instruments”