Which program use from Heaviocity?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all!

This is my first post in KVR Audio. I decided to registrer because all the time I've googled something about audio or vst I ended here. Well, I have some doubts. I started in the audio universe some years ago when I recorded myself playing guitar, but now I want to go a step forward and make music for games and movies.

Well, for the very beginning, I want to buy Kontakt 5. I find the program really nice even when the best sound libraries are from third parties, and also the included Retro Machines MK2 got my attention.

Once I get Kontakt 5, I'm looking forward to some of the Heavyocity's products. I really liked Damage but I need more than (awesome) percussion, so I don't know the difference between Aeon Collection, Evolve, and Evolve Mutations. Do some of you got any of these and could tell me please the differences?
I want to make a sound more or less like the videogame Ghost Recon: Future Soldier has:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94_eUO-zaME

Thanks.

Serpenthrone wrote:Hi all!

This is my first post in KVR Audio. I decided to registrer because all the time I've googled something about audio or vst I ended here. Well, I have some doubts. I started in the audio universe some years ago when I recorded myself playing guitar, but now I want to go a step forward and make music for games and movies.

Well, for the very beginning, I want to buy Kontakt 5. I find the program really nice even when the best sound libraries are from third parties, and also the included Retro Machines MK2 got my attention.

Once I get Kontakt 5, I'm looking forward to some of the Heavyocity's products. I really liked Damage but I need more than (awesome) percussion, so I don't know the difference between Aeon Collection, Evolve, and Evolve Mutations. Do some of you got any of these and could tell me please the differences?
I want to make a sound more or less like the videogame Ghost Recon: Future Soldier has:

Thanks.
i may know of a place you could get a heaviocity product at a good discount ...

:wink:

Thanks.
All of the heavyocity libraries are different:
Damage is pure percussion, but some amazing percussion you won't find elsewhere. This would be usable in this context

Aeon has no percussion at all. It is a lot of synthesizers and hybrid sounds with very powerful tools on top of it has a great arpeggiator, and interesting effects. Aeon Rhythmic is all loops, but you have a lot of control over them. Melodic is a lot of very playable sounds.

Evolve and mutations have a bit of both, some percussion, some hits, some melodic bits, but this is their first sample pack, and it is not on the same level as Damage/Aeon. That said, there are still some very useable pieces in there. Particularly in the hits and special effects area.

Based on the soundtrack you posted, and knowing who did it, none of the Heavyocity products will get you there on their own. Damage percussion would suite the bill just fine, Aeon melodic would offer some very usable instrumentation. This sound uses a lot of post processing, audio manipulation, and (based on who did the soundtrack) reaktor mangling which is beyond the scope of Heavyocity products.
All of the Heavyocity products are great, and worth having to me, but they are not soundtrack in a box, they get used with a lot of post processing and combined with many other instruments.

Iostream wrote:

Thanks.
All of the heavyocity libraries are different:
Damage is pure percussion, but some amazing percussion you won't find elsewhere. This would be usable in this context

Aeon has no percussion at all. It is a lot of synthesizers and hybrid sounds with very powerful tools on top of it has a great arpeggiator, and interesting effects. Aeon Rhythmic is all loops, but you have a lot of control over them. Melodic is a lot of very playable sounds.

Evolve and mutations have a bit of both, some percussion, some hits, some melodic bits, but this is their first sample pack, and it is not on the same level as Damage/Aeon. That said, there are still some very useable pieces in there. Particularly in the hits and special effects area.

Based on the soundtrack you posted, and knowing who did it, none of the Heavyocity products will get you there on their own. Damage percussion would suite the bill just fine, Aeon melodic would offer some very usable instrumentation. This sound uses a lot of post processing, audio manipulation, and (based on who did the soundtrack) reaktor mangling which is beyond the scope of Heavyocity products.
All of the Heavyocity products are great, and worth having to me, but they are not soundtrack in a box, they get used with a lot of post processing and combined with many other instruments.
+1. Exactly and well stated.

I will just confirm that all of Heavyocity products are top notch and high quality.

Thank you Ionstream.

Well, regarding what you said, I think it would be better to adquire Komplete 9 (Ultimate is very expensive for me now) which has Kontakt 5 and Reaktor 5 as well and then see if I really need to buy some of Heaviocity's (the upgrade to Ultimate is not a bad option at all).
But if someone knows another good option, i'll be glad to hear it :)

Serpenthrone wrote: Well, regarding what you said, I think it would be better to adquire Komplete 9 (Ultimate is very expensive for me now) which has Kontakt 5 and Reaktor 5 as well and then see if I really need to buy some of Heaviocity's (the upgrade to Ultimate is not a bad option at all).
But if someone knows another good option, i'll be glad to hear it :)
This is a good choice, in fact if you don't have any of the Komplete versions, I think it is better to buy regular first and then upgrade it to ultimate. It is my understanding that if you never bought regular and just bought ultimate, when 10 comes out you would have to upgrade to ultimate because you don't have a regular license which can be upgraded to 10 regular. Weird, I know, but I have heard people complain who bought 8 ultimate and wanted to just update to 9 regular.
As for Ultimate, there are a number of very useful libraries for scoring. Damage and Evolve are both included, as is Action Strings. Session Strings Pro is a very worthwhile upgrade from Session strings as well. Though you still end up without a very good brass or woodwind library.

This is a good choice, in fact if you don't have any of the Komplete versions, I think it is better to buy regular first and then upgrade it to ultimate. It is my understanding that if you never bought regular and just bought ultimate, when 10 comes out you would have to upgrade to ultimate because you don't have a regular license which can be upgraded to 10 regular. Weird, I know, but I have heard people complain who bought 8 ultimate and wanted to just update to 9 regular.
It took me several times of readings to understand and I feel I've not understood it completly. But now that is not a problem :)
I owe you one, Ion ;)

I own damage, evolve and the mutation bundles. No product is redundant and every single samplepack is a great addition to the other libraries. If you are able to buy the Komplete ultimate package, you should go this way.

If you dont want to pay the price for KU, you can send me a pm. At the moment i own Komplete8 and I consider to upgrade to 9 Ultimate, so I can sell the redundant Heavocity-products. The customer support confirmed the abbility to unregister this software and to transfer the licenses, the buyer can register the libraries and download them from the NI-website.

I bought Komplete Ultimate 8 last year and I recommend you to buy Komplete Ultimate 9 if you can. The upgrade price for me to get Komplete Ultimate 9 is 400$ for 15 new products, but I will wait either for an half-price sale on upgrade or to eventually get Komplete Ultimate 10. For KU9, you would get 65 products of high quality. Best bang for the buck anywhere!

+1 on Heavyocity quality.

You really can't go wrong with any of their packages. Not only do they sound great, but they are intelligently organized.

One caveat however: If you're using them for gaming cues, you should check the EULA first on licensing issues. I seem to recall sometime waaay back seeing something in the Evolve EULA about not being authorized to use the sounds in compositions without other accompaniment. Others here might know more about this. FWIW, I don't recall seeing any similar restrictions after NI began distribution, but I haven't really looked that closely.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Why all you are talking about Komplete 10? Komplete 9 came out two months ago!
One caveat however: If you're using them for gaming cues, you should check the EULA first on licensing issues. I seem to recall sometime waaay back seeing something in the Evolve EULA about not being authorized to use the sounds in compositions without other accompaniment. Others here might know more about this. FWIW, I don't recall seeing any similar restrictions after NI began distribution, but I haven't really looked that closely.
I'll check about that, important matter of course.
Thanks for your help people :)

EDIT: This is what I found
What type of music productions can I use EVOLVE's sounds on?
When you purchase the license to use EVOLVE, you can use the instrument for all
types of music productions.
There are two exceptions. First, you may not use a single loop on its own and sell it as a new composition to be licensed for a music library. To
avoid this, you must add two other elements (samples or loops) to avoid violating the license agreement. Second, no element from EVOLVE can ever be used to create a sample library or Virtual Instrument of any kind.
I think that is what you referred before. I don't understand completely the first condition :S
Last edited by Serpenthrone on Sat May 25, 2013 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

These guys make top notch stuff so you can't go wrong with any of their libraries, I would think. That said, as an owner of Evolve and Damage, I do think Evolve is starting to look a little long in the tooth at this point. These types of libraries do tend to end up sounding quite dated, so that's not a surprise as Evolve has been out for a few years at this point. It's still a useful library and certainly not outdated, but I'd go for their latest release if I were you. I'll probably be adding that one to my collection myself (at least the non-rhythmic one of the two).

Now Reason users can have Aeon Synth and Organic as Rack Extensions :hyper:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... ty%20Media

There is also Gravity!
I grab it on the Native Instruments promo with the 2 additional Gravity packs for the half price.
I also own Evolve Mutations and Aeon Rythmic.
Quality stuff.
The Aeon collection (melodic and rythmic) might have a bit from everything....but Gravity is my fav from them.
What also is very versatile (but expensive too) could be Morphestra 2 (not from Heavyocity).
.....there is just too much stuff :)

:dog: just realized this thread is a bit older!

Return to “Instruments”