Emu Orbit & Planet Phatt VST or Samples?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, does anyone know where we can get the Emu Orbit and Planet Phat complete samples or better still the VST?

Many thanks
This isn't what you think.

Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

Which Orbit? Its my understanding, the Orbit-3 included the Techno Synth Construction Yard and Beat Garden sound sets.

Im not sure if the Mo'Phatt's library was a replacment for the Planet Phatt's or an expanded version of it, though.

(reference : http://www.vintagesynth.com/emu/mophatt.php

Those three libraries (TSCY, BG, MP) were all available for the Emulator X (and thus also the Proteus VX) plugin. Although no longer produced, these soundsets, and the Emu-X plugin, can often be found cheap on various stores and ebay. (The Proteus VX was free, but I dont think its 64-bit, you'll need EMU-X 3 for that).
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Unfortunately just the "dry" samples, loses all the mojo of the modules

Numanoid wrote:
Unfortunately just the "dry" samples, loses all the mojo of the modules
Indeed one would want the Emulator X versions of those sets as they have all the modulation, filters etc intact.
No signature here!

I only registered Emulator X3 a few weeks ago after refreshing my computer, so can confirm the license server still works, it can be had for good prices second hand and is worth it IMO, Im not selling mine.

whyterabbyt wrote:Which Orbit? Its my understanding, the Orbit-3 included the Techno Synth Construction Yard and Beat Garden sound sets.

Im not sure if the Mo'Phatt's library was a replacment for the Planet Phatt's or an expanded version of it, though.

(reference : http://www.vintagesynth.com/emu/mophatt.php

Those three libraries (TSCY, BG, MP) were all available for the Emulator X (and thus also the Proteus VX) plugin. Although no longer produced, these soundsets, and the Emu-X plugin, can often be found cheap on various stores and ebay. (The Proteus VX was free, but I dont think its 64-bit, you'll need EMU-X 3 for that).
Thanks. Version 2 preferably.

Not sure if Mo Phatt was a verbatim replacement, maybe some overlap?

I had both and simply want some of the sounds back but in my VST setup.

Thanks some potential, and a great start though I'll miss the real synth control options.

projectdan wrote:I only registered Emulator X3 a few weeks ago after refreshing my computer, so can confirm the license server still works, it can be had for good prices second hand and is worth it IMO, Im not selling mine.
Does it have all the Orbit (9090) sounds? I couldn't see that on the Emu site, it just said:
Ships with over 3GB of sounds, including the complete Proteus 2000 soundset, a stunning 1.5GB Grand Piano, 24-bit drums and grooves, Xtreme Lead X, and more - additional soundsets available

Years ago, there was a guy that sampled the drums from his own E-mu MP-7 Command Station (Planet Phatt with sequencer), and gave them away for free. I just checked, and they are still online.

Would it be allowed to post them here? And if yes, are you interested?

skank wrote:
projectdan wrote:I only registered Emulator X3 a few weeks ago after refreshing my computer, so can confirm the license server still works, it can be had for good prices second hand and is worth it IMO, Im not selling mine.
Does it have all the Orbit (9090) sounds? I couldn't see that on the Emu site, it just said:
Ships with over 3GB of sounds, including the complete Proteus 2000 soundset, a stunning 1.5GB Grand Piano, 24-bit drums and grooves, Xtreme Lead X, and more - additional soundsets available
Im not 100% sure if the Xtreme Lead X pack includes all the samples from the Orbit (I know it contains some), you would have to search online for a conclusive answer. The Emulator X3 certainly has the full functions from the modules and can even go beyond, you can design your own filter morphs, it beats the main modules in terms of functions.

X-treme Lead is a different synth.

I have the following separate E-MU soundsets among others: Orbit 8080, Orbit 3, Beat Garden, Techno Synth Construction Yard - all cover the Orbit module. Orbit 8080 & Orbit 3 are straight from the modules. Beat Garden and TSCY are special soundset programmed by Rob Papen and were available as separate ROM modules. Many of the sounds in the sets do overlap though.

Mo'phatt, X-treme lead, Planet Phatt are different soundsets from different modules.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:X-treme Lead is a different synth.

I have the following separate E-MU soundsets among others: Orbit 8080, Orbit 3, Beat Garden, Techno Synth Construction Yard
Soundsets for what, though? Are you talking about ROMs or something else?

Certainly for the Emulator-X, there's no E-mu soundset that's identifiably any other Orbit than the 3; like I said earlier, they only did what's basically the pair from for the Orbit-3 (ie Beat Garden plus Techno Synth Construction Yard, confirmed via the manual), there's no 'named' Orbit set.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:X-treme Lead is a different synth.

I have the following separate E-MU soundsets among others: Orbit 8080, Orbit 3, Beat Garden, Techno Synth Construction Yard
Soundsets for what, though? Are you talking about ROMs or something else?

Certainly for the Emulator-X, there's no E-mu soundset that's identifiably any other Orbit than the 3; like I said earlier, they only did what's basically the pair from for the Orbit-3 (ie Beat Garden plus Techno Synth Construction Yard, confirmed via the manual), there's no 'named' Orbit set.
I'm talking about the Emulator X3 libraries. I did a quick check of the banks and the manuals for the modules. Orbit 8080 bank (mislabeled?) is an exact copy of the EMU 9090 module factory ROM. The Orbit-3 bank is a subset of presets from Orbit-3 factory TeCnO ROM. Beat Garden and Techno Synth Construction Yard are obviously exact copies of the respective ROMs for Orbit-3.

Beat Garden and Techno Synth Construction Yard EMU Sound Central Libraries should cover most sounds from Orbit-3. But Orbit 9090 had quite a different set of factory presets.

X-treame Lead, Planet Phatt, Mo'Phatt, PX7 etc EMU Sound Central libraries are obviously not from Orbit-3 but form different modules.
No signature here!

i tried this and activation was successful but fl studio doesn't like it and always ask for a standalone to be running and i bought the boxed version in 2010 before it was discontinued, the activation server is still online for it to accept the serial but some programs don't except the license for me, i have to run a stand alone, so maybe you have better luck because it says activation successful but registeration with my original info when i bought it registeration failled ftp protocol can't reach server error but it works with standalone so i don't question it because i only assemble patches in emulator 3x and use a converter to turn to soundfonts.
"Art is the fundamental language of expression, it piers into our souls and moves us, Music is Art...it surrounds us." - Joel Bisson

Return to “Instruments”