Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

fmr wrote:
ENV1 wrote: Now if they'd put that same amount of detail-work into the sound side of things...
Bashing for the sake of bashing :roll: Because Arturia pays no attention to sound at all. Their synths can't even replicate the sounds of the emulated hardware :borg:
Dont alter my words, i dont use apostrophes in contractions.

you guys are nuts. :D :o :roll: the arturia vintage synths sound very close to the originals. they capture the vibe of their original counterparts. especially the synths. :phones:

plexuss wrote:you guys are nuts. :D :o :roll: the arturia vintage synths sound very close to the originals. they capture the vibe of their original counterparts. especially the synths. :phones:
I never said anything to suggest otherwise.

(On the contrary, just recently i went to great lengths to disprove the absurd claim that the 2600V 'sounds nothing like a real 2600' by creating and then posting comparison clips that showed clearly that that claim is absurd. Took quite some time too, and yes, i was the only one who bothered to actually do that where others were content just to talk.

So f**k knows what this guy is on about. Anyone who has payed any attention knows that i always liked the sound of Arturias synths, hell, my most used Arturia synth is the minimoog 1.6 from 2006 because i dig its filter so much...

I could replicate that damned burst in the sound in Analog Lab 2 also!

Can you guys confirm this behaviour? Just be careful.
Choose Arp2600V in Analog Lab2 (or load Arp2600V), then choose Sequnce (from the browser filter), then go down just before "Electro". Now when you play a note, then move to the preset to "Electro", you will hear a strong burst. That killed all the pleasure I had :(

I still think that SEM V is the best analog emulation in the collection. I have updated the GUI for it and for ARP2600V only. I'm not sure I will update the whole Collection V4 (which I upgraded from those two synths). But I'm very interested in Synclavier V. I will wait and I might buy it for $99 in a possible future discount. Anyway, I think what I have with Analog Lab 2 presets will be more than enough for now.

fmr wrote:
HunterKiller wrote: Actually the sad truth is that Arturia's ARP2600 is not an emulation at all. They should have called the synth: $$#G^$#^$$#FH$%^#$, that's how much it has to do with a real emulation.

TimewARP2600 at least tries, and for 2005 synth, does very well.
SOS was completely wrong with that review, one of their biggest blunders.
In your opinion :roll:
In everyone's opinions! :hihi:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

ENV1 wrote:
HunterKiller wrote: Where can I get that skin ENV?
Its in the resources section for DUNE here on KVR.
HunterKiller wrote:Also do you have one without the hexagons in the screen/monitor?
Yes, that was requested by another member so i provided that too.

Its the 'DisplayNoGrid' archive.
Much appreciated.
Thank you my friend! :)
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel

ENV1 wrote:
mcbpete wrote:Total - 3.97Gb
There you have it.

I knew the GFX size of the whole collection has to be in the gigabytes.

I guess now there is no denying it anymore when people say that Arturia is 90% UI and 10% sound. :hihi:

Now if theyd put that same amount of detail-work into the sound side of things...
:tu: :pray:

How long does JRR Shop usually take with license issue? Taking bloody ages....

Hoping for some youtube tutorials on Synclavier....

bundoo wrote:How long does JRR Shop usually take with license issue? Taking bloody ages....

Same, please Arturia give them the serials :lol: :lol: :lol:
God save the Groove!

vic_france wrote:In fact, I am beginning to "warm" to some of these pianos a little now ;).. quite "tweakable".. the concert grand, brightened up a bit via the Tuning/Settings pane is getting much more like it here IMHO :). Still doesn't have quite the subtility of the dynamics of the Pianoteq offerings, but beginning to get much more "playable" than right out of the box. There's hope for some of the uprights too ;).(although we do need something a bit cleverer than a global Unison Detune (effectively just a chorus) on the Piano-bar Upright in order to get a decent honky-tonk ;).
Finally got the Pianoteq, thank you guys :) To me it's clearly a better Grand Piano simulation, which is more musical, dynamic and enjoyable to play. The free stuff are also surprisingly great, specially the CP-80 and Cimbalom. But on the other side, the Piano V is a nice compliment for other type of piano with a nice interface. Aside from authenticity, I like certain musicality of the Piano V Model D. Glad to have them both, since I'm currently looking for a small sized piano. Would love to hear the comparisons with the UVI Grand Piano Model D, that's the only sample based piano that I'm interested. Not into a gigantic sized piano for now.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

I got an email from Arturia saying:
"Hi,
We're currently working on a way to upgrade only one plugin (for ex the Mini-V) from the V Collection Classic.
We'll get back to you as soon as we have fixed this."

For me -that is really good news!
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

maurone dj wrote:
bundoo wrote:How long does JRR Shop usually take with license issue? Taking bloody ages....

Same, please Arturia give them the serials :lol: :lol: :lol:
Same here, waiting since Friday...
Yes, there was a weekend but now it's Wednesday! :x

I'm IN LOVE... great update, thanks Arturia. The bigger GUIs are a bless and worth it alone. Plus the new synths... uhlala... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

As besides other plugins i do currently own collections like Arturia V-Colection 5, NI Komplete 10, Korg Legacy Collections (both) and most/all plugins from Waldorf and Tone2 and all synths from Xils Lab i currently feel a bit "spoiled" but in a positive way. :)
Where not already done it is time to really make use of those and other plugins i got, including doing sound design...

For a sound designer especially Synclavier V seems to be a great choice but same is also true about Matrix-12V and the Prophet VS (and/or the Hybrid synth in Prophet V).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

If the Synclavier V sounds too nisy for you you should check the "System Parameters" page in the Settings. Those settings seem to be göobal for all patches then.

You could reduce the "Noise Floor" knob and also increase the Bit-depth that by default seems to be at 8-bit. One sound that was noisy at 8-bit was alraedy clean at 10- or 12-bit (and higher). The maximum value is 24-bits.

The panel with teh advanced settings (multiple tabs/pages) could be loaded when clicking at "SCR" at the upper right of teh GUI. Clicking on "SCR" again gets the "normal" GUI back. The upper part of the noemal GUI (that with teh knobs etc.) could be opened/closed with the arrow symbol left to "SCR" (at the upper right).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”