D16 Group teases PunchBOX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PunchBOX

[dream mode] softube modular compatible [/dream mode]
[reality mode]never .....

wagtunes wrote:Okay, I don't mean to be a downer on this because it looks really cool, but it's a kick. I didn't hear any sound (the kicks) that I can't make in any synth or by using Battery 4 or any other drum library. And we're not talking about a whole drum set. We're talking about a kick.

I know there are very specialized plugins like EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, etc. But seriously, it's a kick drum. The price on this thing would have to be so ridiculously low to even consider getting it. I mean who in their right mind (just pulling a price out of thin air) would pay $99 just to make a kick drum? Even $49.

What am I missing here? What makes this so special? Or is this going to be a very low priced item (would have to be under $30 for me) that makes it a no brainer to get?

Because I am just not seeing it.

Is it just me? If it is, what am I missing?
You know how you have a gazillion soft synths and need them all to do even the smallest different synth sound?

;)

Well, the same can be said for techno/house producers and their kick drums.

ImNotDedYet wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Okay, I don't mean to be a downer on this because it looks really cool, but it's a kick. I didn't hear any sound (the kicks) that I can't make in any synth or by using Battery 4 or any other drum library. And we're not talking about a whole drum set. We're talking about a kick.

I know there are very specialized plugins like EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, etc. But seriously, it's a kick drum. The price on this thing would have to be so ridiculously low to even consider getting it. I mean who in their right mind (just pulling a price out of thin air) would pay $99 just to make a kick drum? Even $49.

What am I missing here? What makes this so special? Or is this going to be a very low priced item (would have to be under $30 for me) that makes it a no brainer to get?

Because I am just not seeing it.

Is it just me? If it is, what am I missing?
You know how you have a gazillion soft synths and need them all to do even the smallest different synth sound?

;)

Well, the same can be said for techno/house producers and their kick drums.
Interesting. I did not know that. You learn something new everyday.

They're one of the most appropriate company to do this kind of stuff, with a complete experience of making excellent product line such as Drum Machines, Audio Processors, Synths and even a drum sound library. Not many have such expertise. I've been waiting for a rack system for their Silver Line with an ability to load VSTs and rich modulation. It's great that they're starting with a rack based product, the future development could be very exciting.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

ImNotDedYet wrote: You know how you have a gazillion soft synths and need them all to do even the smallest different synth sound?
:scared: :hihi:

Looking forward to a demo :) (and phoscyon 2)

Not something I plan on buying, but it sure does look cool. I'm just happy they didn't give it another stupid name, like Phoscyon or Nithonat.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Looks like they spent some cash on that video!

crystalmsc wrote:They're one of the most appropriate company to do this kind of stuff, with a complete experience of making excellent product line such as Drum Machines, Audio Processors, Synths and even a drum sound library. Not many have such expertise. I've been waiting for a rack system for their Silver Line with an ability to load VSTs and rich modulation. It's great that they're starting with a rack based product, the future development could be very exciting.
I hope it doesn't introduce as much latency as some of their recent plugins...

cryophonik wrote:Not something I plan on buying, but it sure does look cool. I'm just happy they didn't give it another stupid name, like Phoscyon or Nithonat.
Or cryophonik :ud:

chili beans wrote:
cryophonik wrote:Not something I plan on buying, but it sure does look cool. I'm just happy they didn't give it another stupid name, like Phoscyon or Nithonat.
Or cryophonik :ud:
:hihi:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I'm already getting option paralysis just by the looks of the GUI. I never got the compulsion to always find a need to load samples in a drum SYNTHESIZER plugin.

Sorry if that is being a downer. Other than that, I am curious about the sound of the synth modules.

PunchBOX with virtual LunchBOX style FX. Clever.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I love all D16 plugins, they sounds really good! Can't wait to get my hands on this beauty! :love:

Return to “Instruments”