News from fxpansion >GEIST 2<

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Geist

Amberience wrote:Win7 people - as well as service pack 1, please make sure you also have the following update installed:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2670838

If you have that and SP1 and still cannot get Geist2 to run, please post your *FULL* system specs - graphics cards in particular. OS versions and vague anger-tinged descriptions are simply not enough for us to evaluate bugs and crashes.

Geist2 has been in beta since November 2015. It has had a very thorough QA process from top to bottom, and every single one of our testers has worked hard to get the level of stability we do have - which despite what some of you may think, we *DO* have a very stable product here. The few cases where people are having problems, we will of course endeavour to discover the problem and fix it.

If you've sent us a ticket or posted on the forum, please be aware that the majority of FXpansion are UK based and our hours are GMT based.
Platform update will not install... Must require too many prerequisite updates. I will be seeking a refund for GEIST2. I have no issues running any other VST plugins (UAD, Waves, Fabfilter, iZotope, Native Instruments, etc.).

First of all...no anger here...I absolutely appreciate the great work you guys do and I understand that...as the cliche says...stuff happens. It would seem that more than a very few people are having a problem, however.

I am Win 7 Pro 64 SP1 totally current on all updates. My computer is an i7 4930 with 32 gb ram on an Asus Sabertooth X79 motherboard and the GPU is a Gigabyte Radeon R7 250X I bought this year. I have 2 Samsung 27" monitors. I have Cubase 8.5, Ableton Live 9 and ProTools 12 installed here and zillions of VIs and plugins...all of which work fine. I work primarily in Cubase and live 9.

Are there certain graphics settings we should be aware of? Happy to work with them. My driver is up to date.

Andy B
Amberience wrote:Win7 people - as well as service pack 1, please make sure you also have the following update installed:

If you have that and SP1 and still cannot get Geist2 to run, please post your *FULL* system specs - graphics cards in particular. OS versions and vague anger-tinged descriptions are simply not enough for us to evaluate bugs and crashes.

Geist2 has been in beta since November 2015. It has had a very thorough QA process from top to bottom, and every single one of our testers has worked hard to get the level of stability we do have - which despite what some of you may think, we *DO* have a very stable product here. The few cases where people are having problems, we will of course endeavour to discover the problem and fix it.

If you've sent us a ticket or posted on the forum, please be aware that the majority of FXpansion are UK based and our hours are GMT based.
Please go through -once again - the DAW configuration Win 8.1, Live 9.6, 32 bit, as well.
The resizing UI won't work + some unstability issues.
On top of that, the fundamental shortage is the GUI in general, the workflow, lack of clearnes, intuitive simplicity: example: using grooves, dragging and dropping (import/export) grooves - just as an example.
As a BFD 1/2/3 user I appreciate especially the intuitive workflow, never had to look BFD manual to be able to use all functions. :ud:

Ok, victory! (sort of) Win 7 Pro 64 users...you can't have a larger font enabled. I just figured it out. I had 125% enabled because my screens are 2560x1440 and the print is tiny. Went back to 100% and Geist 2 is up and running.

Not a perfect solution because everything is miniscule on my desktop and i have 65 year old eyes.

Andy B

How do you make this smaller ?

In Studio One there is an added bar above the geist2 windows and so i can´t see the bottom of the geist2 window.

If you are on Win 7, Control panel>Display-check the 100% (smaller) box and reboot. Worked for me.

Bathrobe wrote:How do you make this smaller ?

In Studio One there is an added bar above the geist2 windows and so i can´t see the bottom of the geist2 window.

Yes and on OSX i can make the screen resolution smaller but i like my retina resolution of 1400x900.
So no way to make Geist2 smaller?

Also how can i send audio to Geist2? There seems to be no more spitter plugin from geist1.

Hi,

after updating to geist2 here are my experiences with it.

First and most important for me is the new GUI. It really makes a difference. In version one I didn't really dig into some of the features like song-mode or even the engines. With the new GUI I really understood what is going on and my workflow with Geist really improved. Sometimes stuff like this is more important than new features. It needs still some clicking to go somewhere but it is really a complex instrument. But in general the new GUI invites me to discover all the tiny things.

To my surprise it sounds better I didn't notice at first but when I compared it with version one it was there.

On my laptop (MacBookPro late 2011 with SSD and some more RAM) it crashed once while I loaded an internal effect. And yes it needs more CPU.

It was and now is even more my favorite "drummer".

All the DAWs I use offer flexible enough signal routing that I don't need the spitter plugin. But I still really miss it. It was such a straightforward, no-nonsense method of getting sound from Point A to Point B, and I really think it was one of the significant competitive advantages which Geist 1 offered. I really hope they reconsider.

Auto sampling to pads is very helpful! I just tried routing Arturia Synclavier V into Geist (in Ableton Live), armed the pad sampling, and then flipped through a few Synclavier presets, triggering one note per preset. I took the resulting pads, drew in a quick sequence, and turned down the probability on each step. Instant awesomeness! Throw on a global effect chain and I'm good to go.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Wayduminute.......

Is there no way I trim a sample???
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I always use Geist standalone, but having a spitter would be useful for logic. Hope they change their minds about that.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Wayduminute.......

I wondered about that too. It seems the destructive edits (crop, normalize) are gone.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

kingtubby wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Wayduminute.......

I wondered about that too. It seems the destructive edits (crop, normalize) are gone.
Yeah, the tools seem to be removed.
There is this however;

Normalization mode:

This setting features several options for normalizing the exported file
(s) so that the highest peaks reach 0 dB.

geistNormalize.JPG
• Prompt if clipping detected
Geist2 asks whether to normalize the audio export if clipping is detected.
• Normalize if clipping detected
Geist2 automatically normalizes an exported audio file if it detects any clipping within it.
• Always normalize
Geist2 always normalizes all exported audio files.

This is in the main settings.[/s]

Never mind. This is only for exporting....hmmmm. I hope they will bring back those tools.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hey dudes, new update to Geist 2 is now available, both as a demo and in owners user accounts. Release notes are up on the FXpansion Geist 2 forum.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Thank you and everybody else. I just tried the update (2.0.1.5) and was getting the same crashing, so I installed this update and that fixed it completely. Opens right up

So for some windows 7 64 sp1 users - it is also the platform update KB2670838 that was necessary in this case to fix it. I tried different graphics cards, had my text set to normal, and this did it.

Thank you everybody and thank you fxpansion

Return to “Instruments”