D16 Group teases PunchBOX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PunchBOX

Hi guys,

On behalf D16 Group I'd like to announce upcoming release of our latest creation: PunchBOX - Bass Drum Synthesizer. Designed in cooperation with sound designers from Sound Of Revolution and CFA Sound. The instrument combines synthesis, sampling and built-in FX'es to give you all you need to build the right kick easily. Watch the video bringing PunchBox closer and wait for other details to be revealed soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQPeG7-R1Xk

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Sebastian / D16 Group Audio Software

Can't wait. :hyper:

Love the concept and the looks!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Okay, I don't mean to be a downer on this because it looks really cool, but it's a kick. I didn't hear any sound (the kicks) that I can't make in any synth or by using Battery 4 or any other drum library. And we're not talking about a whole drum set. We're talking about a kick.

I know there are very specialized plugins like EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, etc. But seriously, it's a kick drum. The price on this thing would have to be so ridiculously low to even consider getting it. I mean who in their right mind (just pulling a price out of thin air) would pay $99 just to make a kick drum? Even $49.

What am I missing here? What makes this so special? Or is this going to be a very low priced item (would have to be under $30 for me) that makes it a no brainer to get?

Because I am just not seeing it.

Is it just me? If it is, what am I missing?

:hyper: :hyper:

wagtunes wrote:Okay, I don't mean to be a downer on this because it looks really cool, but it's a kick. I didn't hear any sound (the kicks) that I can't make in any synth or by using Battery 4 or any other drum library. And we're not talking about a whole drum set. We're talking about a kick.

I know there are very specialized plugins like EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, etc. But seriously, it's a kick drum. The price on this thing would have to be so ridiculously low to even consider getting it. I mean who in their right mind (just pulling a price out of thin air) would pay $99 just to make a kick drum? Even $49.

What am I missing here? What makes this so special? Or is this going to be a very low priced item (would have to be under $30 for me) that makes it a no brainer to get?

Vengeance Metrum is 120 usd and requres a dongle. Still people buy it and praise it everywhere.

Kick is super important in certain music genres.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

wagtunes wrote: Is it just me?

Looks like it ;)

recursive one wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Okay, I don't mean to be a downer on this because it looks really cool, but it's a kick. I didn't hear any sound (the kicks) that I can't make in any synth or by using Battery 4 or any other drum library. And we're not talking about a whole drum set. We're talking about a kick.

Vengeance Metrum is 120 usd and requres a dongle. Still people buy it and praise it everywhere.

I understand it's important. It's the backbone of all dance music along with the bass. But you're telling me you can't make a usable bass with your existing synths that you're also using to make this same genre based music?

Nice one, I always wanted to do some kind of drum plug-in but never got time for it.

I'm sure it will be good as it's from D16.

Looks great... But what does it sound like?

Teasers just annoy me.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Looks mega.

Love D16 :love:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

wagtunes wrote:Is it just me?
Nope. I don't see the point either. I understand kicks are important for some, but surely any (drum) synth could do this.. and the rest of the kit. It's like buying a sampler that can only play C notes.

But then there's clearly a market. We're just not it.

wagtunes wrote:
recursive one wrote:

I understand it's important. It's the backbone of all dance music along with the bass. But you're telling me you can't make a usable bass with your existing synths that you're also using to make this same genre based music?
of course you can make it with existing synths and effects. No one is stopping you.

That being said, the ability to make a kick (like any sound) your own can and is very important. I could go through the (unknown, too many, I really need to organize the damn thing...) kick samples that I have, and possibly not find one that suits what I want to do, so having a synth plug-in just for a kick would be nice (even though I know drum synthesis, it was one of the first things I learned).

Also, this is d16 that's making it, so at the very least, we're getting something decent, if not good. I'm very glad that d16 continues to make new products, especially non-emulations. I've been a d16 user since I started making music, as I got into the Silverline group buy years ago.

djshire wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
recursive one wrote:

of course you can make it with existing synths and effects. No one is stopping you.

That being said, the ability to make a kick (like any sound) your own can and is very important. I could go through the (unknown, too many, I really need to organize the damn thing...) kick samples that I have, and possibly not find one that suits what I want to do, so having a synth plug-in just for a kick would be nice (even though I know drum synthesis, it was one of the first things I learned).

Also, this is d16 that's making it, so at the very least, we're getting something decent, if not good. I'm very glad that d16 continues to make new products, especially non-emulations. I've been a d16 user since I started making music, as I got into the Silverline group buy years ago.
Okay, let me ask you a question. If you were interested in a plugin like this, what would you pay for it? What would make it worth it to you?

The earliest drum machines featured synth voices specifically tuned for a particular type of sounds, such as kick or snare. In software, the earliest one which comes to mind is DR-008, which offered a selection of algorithms for specific types of drum sounds. These days, there are a number of kick drum synth on the market, each offering a narrowly focused set of parameters appropriate to those types of sounds. They usually combine synthesis with a selection of samples which can be layered together. There is nothing new or novel about what D16 are doing, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. Their plugins always sounds great, and I'm looking forward to their take on a dedicated kick drum synth.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Instruments”