News from fxpansion >GEIST 2<

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Geist

elxsound wrote:If you're referring to some users reporting higher CPU usage with the GUI, could it be possible that this is more of a consequence of the new UI vs a bug?

And I say some... because I have no issues with high CPU usage on OSX with the new UI.
Agreed. No problem at all here.
my website: https://samiyounes.com
Latest releases: Attraction for Omnisphere 2 | Magma for Omnisphere 2 | Time for Soundtoys EchoBoy

OK, downloaded Win10 update files (as my audio computer is not connected) and installed then - to no avail.

Its like navigating in almost complete dark...
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Windows 7 Pro all up to date but not working here in either standalone or vst. Very buggy and currently unusable on my setup. I click on something and something else lights up or nothing happens at all. I can only see part of the GUI, no matter how I try to resize. Browser doesn't work.

Maybe there's stability differences between osx and windows as well...?

On osx (i7 cpu, 16 gb ram) I haven't encountered any serious GUI issues (just a couple of resizing-related glitches that have been fixed during the beta phase), no extraordinarily high cpu usage, and no crashes caused by clicking on anything (though I recently reported one related to rx2 files)... and that's with a couple of hours daily usage.

Gotta say though that Geist 2 is by far the most complex pluginstrument I have seen for a while, and I'm sure fxp are going to fix whatever bugs they can reproduce.

epiphaneia wrote:Maybe there's stability differences between osx and windows as well...?

Gotta say though that Geist 2 is by far the most complex pluginstrument I have seen for a while, and I'm sure fxp are going to fix whatever bugs they can reproduce.
I'm afraid its not one "stability differecies", nor there are just "some bugs to fix", but need to re-write/-plan quite a lot. Geist 2 is at the beta -stage, so far, in my opionion. Had high hopes for this plugin, put even money aside to purchase it. Now these money collect negative interest rate. :(

w1awb wrote:Windows 7 Pro all up to date but not working here in either standalone or vst. Very buggy and currently unusable on my setup. I click on something and something else lights up or nothing happens at all. I can only see part of the GUI, no matter how I try to resize. Browser doesn't work.

Does anybody have this working on windows 7 pro 64?

I can't even get the plugin to load as a VST or the standalone. Perhaps it's my gtx 960? I'm going to pull that out tonight and see if it helps, but I even had to uninstall Geist 1 as that stopped working / crashed / is not loading so something is definitely a miss.

Geist still plays from sessions I opened that had it, but the interface is gone. Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed geist 1 but now I'm waiting to try 2 again until I see it working for anyone with windows 7.

Thanks all

Harry_HH wrote: put even money aside to purchase it. Now these money collect negative interest rate. :(
I'm sure they'll sort things out... but ATM it is still heavily on beta.

I just want my icons back :(
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

FWIW I reported the bug that crashes GUI on a click and submitted logs. fXP replied that its reproducible and they hope to squash it on next update.

I upgraded even though theres a couple bugs ive encountered. Logs submitted and im confident they'll fix it an update.

Thank you, all, who are paying to beta test the software. In a couple more builds, it will be ready for action. :hihi:

More seriously, I'm surprised they didn't have a 'cutting edge' discount just as a result of this.. get 15% off or something and help us squish the remaining large bugs... something along those lines.

I'm also not able to get Geist2 to work on Windows 7 64 bit Service Pack 1. Geist 1 and Guru both work fine though. I sent support ticket to FXpansion yesterday and have not heard back. Disappointing.

Tdeuce wrote:
w1awb wrote:Windows 7 Pro all up to date but not working here in either standalone or vst. Very buggy and currently unusable on my setup. I click on something and something else lights up or nothing happens at all. I can only see part of the GUI, no matter how I try to resize. Browser doesn't work.

Does anybody have this working on windows 7 pro 64?

I can't even get the plugin to load as a VST or the standalone. Perhaps it's my gtx 960? I'm going to pull that out tonight and see if it helps, but I even had to uninstall Geist 1 as that stopped working / crashed / is not loading so something is definitely a miss.

Geist still plays from sessions I opened that had it, but the interface is gone. Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed geist 1 but now I'm waiting to try 2 again until I see it working for anyone with windows 7.
Thanks all

wesleymayhem wrote:I'm also not able to get Geist2 to work on Windows 7 64 bit Service Pack 1. Geist 1 and Guru both work fine though. I sent support ticket to FXpansion yesterday and have not heard back. Disappointing.

I imagine they're rather busy.....

wesleymayhem wrote:I'm also not able to get Geist2 to work on Windows 7 64 bit Service Pack 1. Geist 1 and Guru both work fine though. I sent support ticket to FXpansion yesterday and have not heard back. Disappointing.
Do you have the latest platform update for Service Pack 1 installed? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2670838

mikepemulis wrote:
Do you have the latest platform update for Service Pack 1 installed? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2670838
Do you know for sure that the platform update is required for Geist2? I have hundreds of plugins all working successfully and a stable system... and am hesitant to update unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks

Win7 people - as well as service pack 1, please make sure you also have the following update installed:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2670838

If you have that and SP1 and still cannot get Geist2 to run, please post your *FULL* system specs - graphics cards in particular. OS versions and vague anger-tinged descriptions are simply not enough for us to evaluate bugs and crashes.

Geist2 has been in beta since November 2015. It has had a very thorough QA process from top to bottom, and every single one of our testers has worked hard to get the level of stability we do have - which despite what some of you may think, we *DO* have a very stable product here. The few cases where people are having problems, we will of course endeavour to discover the problem and fix it.

If you've sent us a ticket or posted on the forum, please be aware that the majority of FXpansion are UK based and our hours are GMT based.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Return to “Instruments”