Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I posted this elsewhere, but for those who have not seen:

https://ask.audio/articles/4-reasons-to ... p1#article

4 Reasons to Love & Use More Than One DAW
Matt Vanacoro on May 19, 2016 in Audio Software 0 comments

It's becoming more and more common for producers and engineers to use multiple digital audio workstations. Matt Vanacoro presents 4 compelling reasons to use Ableton, Logic, Sonar & Pro Tools.
The DAW wars continue to rage on, even in 2016, at a breakneck pace. Pro Tools vs. Logic vs. Ableton vs. Cubase and the like continue to dominate the blogs with impassioned defenses and rebuttals on all sides. As DAW software begins to become more affordable, however, a new type of home studio user is beginning to emerge—the brazen user of multiple DAW software. Different digital audio workstations have different features that can help you streamline your workflow on various projects. Gone are the days of your only DAW options costing over a thousand dollars, and it looks like the sub-$500 DAW is here to stay (for now, anyway!). It’s never been more realistic to utilize multiple DAWs, and here are my top 4 features of the top 4 DAWs which, in my own opinion, each handles the best!

1. Pro Tools: Audio is in their DNA
2. Logic Pro X: A Composer’s Best Friend
3. Ableton Live: Manufacturing Inspiration
4. Cakewalk Sonar: Vocal Production has Never Been Easier

I can't agree more.
* AKAI, KRK, UAD, Softube Vol 1, Soundtoys
* Live, Logic, Serum, Spire, Dune 2, Hive

You will waste your entire life to master perfect all this DAWs.

Whatever get's job done as quicker and efficient as possible. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I use two DAWs as well even though it can be annoying. I find that it keeps my inspiration fresh and just mixes things up a bit. I also don't try to learn anything about each DAW I use - just the parts I use the most.

I've used Logic and Live in the past and now Digital Performer and Live.

Live is great, it's a CPU pig, with little detailed mixing and editing capabilities, no SysEx, but great performance capabilities, time stretching and great looping.

DP is great, it's not bad on CPU and due for a massive improvement in CPU use. SysEx editing even capabilities, massive choices in mixing and editing, good pitch correction, only so so looping, and not that great time stretching.

They compliment each other well.

His reasons for using PT could easily be translated to Studio One 3
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:His reasons for using PT could easily be translated to Studio One 3
Or even better Samplitude. :tu:

But still, that's all on the paper, most important is how that works in practice and even more important how one find that fitting for doing his own thing.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”