Xhun Audio LittleOne : version 4.x Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LittleOne

Sorry Brian,

Maybe in the future (Linux, Reason, iOS). Just a speculation...
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

Oops,

due to some emails asking this (and because in my previous answers I forgot to mention it) here's a brief post about release date.

There's not a date yet, but for sure LittleOne ver 3.x will be released after the Summer.

Infos about this soon.

since you suggested to put my pm questions into this thread, here they are... ;)

so release "after the summer", eh? is it just preset converting, or are you still implementing stuff? (your answer was "both").

will the registration information display that disappeared from 2.9.0 return in 3.x? I always found it handy to see at once if demo mode is active or not.
(you might remember I have issues with the installer, and sometimes preset changes require me to move or wipe the subfolder structure, but this always means I have to copy the license back to where it is expected to be...).

is a slim phatty display mode planned (for saving screen real estate)?

furthermore I'd be happy to see parameter values of the rotary encoders on the main page, either as a tooltip or in the lcd when selecting an encoder or while moving it.
another bonus, if possible, would be input of numeric values via keyboard, on page A and B. (actually I'm missing it on B, but I wouldn't say no to A as well ;) ).

-greetings, kylie-

All requests added to the evaluation list, for future updates.

>>is a slim phatty display mode planned (for saving screen real estate)?

I didn't understand, what do you mean exactly?

xhunaudio wrote:All requests added to the evaluation list, for future updates.
I didn't expect the requests to go directly into 3.0, but nice to know you consider them :)
xhunaudio wrote:>>is a slim phatty display mode planned (for saving screen real estate)?

I didn't understand, what do you mean exactly?
the slim phatty is the desktop / rack module version of little phatty. it sports a little different knob design and lacks the keyboard and wheel section, but is otherwise identical (afaik). look here:

http://www.vintagesynth.com/moog/slimphatty.php

the non-exisiting keyboard would make it possible to have bigger controls or a gui with smaller footprint. currently I tend to prefer bigger controls ;)

-kylie-

Ah ok, I got it.

Yes, yes, I didn't understood the words "...display mode (for saving screen real estate)..." :)

You mean to add the Slim Phatty "look" in the GUI... Well I think I'll miss this feature, I'll keep the original GUI approach.

By the way maybe in one of the first updates I'll add a "GUI resize" feature.

xhunaudio wrote:
Northwood Mediaworks wrote:Hoping you spend some new time with IronAxe too Bruno. Congrats on the hard work. 8)
Sure :), after LittleOne will be ready and released, it will be the time for IronAxe and further unreleased products too.
That's great news. Hopefully moving cross-platform too. Thanks again.

xhunaudio wrote:You mean to add the Slim Phatty "look" in the GUI... Well I think I'll miss this feature, I'll keep the original GUI approach.
the main difference in the GUI would noticeably be the absence of the keyboard what could mean half height, or, well, bigger knobs, so +1 for the resize feature anyway. :)

since the slim phatty is a really beautiful piece of hardware (I was able to borrow one from a friend) I still vote for a L1 Slim Edition. maybe you change your mind once L1 v3 is released and other feature requests are implemented... ;)
(if not - I think I'm still gonna like it)

Northwood Mediaworks wrote:
xhunaudio wrote:
Northwood Mediaworks wrote:Hoping you spend some new time with IronAxe too Bruno. Congrats on the hard work. 8)
Sure :), after LittleOne will be ready and released, it will be the time for IronAxe and further unreleased products too.
That's great news. Hopefully moving cross-platform too. Thanks again.
Sure ! (About the cross-platform thing) :)

Hi,

in these days I decided to regularly post some details about LittleOne version 3.0 (a very quick overview) from the software structure to some technologies involved, a sort of 'detailed sneak preview'.

All the links can be found below. Day by day (in each 'episode') I'll try to cover all the main aspects of LittleOne version 3.x...

EPISODE 1 :

https://www.facebook.com/XhunAudio/phot ... 20/?type=3

REEVERB - Advanced Digital Reverb is a 1U Rack Module providing a beautiful resonator-based reverb algorithm. Its clear interface will easily let the end-user to design the desired reverberation, from small resonator bodies to endless open spaces.

EPISODE 2 :

https://www.facebook.com/XhunAudio/phot ... =3&theater

D-LAY - Tempo Sync / Digital Delay is a 1U Rack Module providing a 2-channel tempo-synced delay algorithm. Choose the timing mode for each channel (normal or triplet), adjust the feedback, cutoff and mix parameters to quickly add richness to your presets and sequences.

EPISODE 3 :

https://www.facebook.com/XhunAudio/phot ... =3&theater

CHOR-S - Stereo Chorus is a 1U Rack Module providing a 1-channel input / 2-channels output chorus algorithm. It will definitely make your presets sound really deeper and richer. The extended range of its parameters allow very warm, natural results as well as extreme, esoteric modulations...

Dunno if that was requested yet, but do you plan to have spearate cutoff and resonance controls in the new version? I really think those should be separate. Even on the hardware unit it's hardly understandable that they didn't separate those, but in software, it's a big mistake IMO. Always having to use the switch to switch modes is very cumbersome.

chk071 wrote:Dunno if that was requested yet, but do you plan to have spearate cutoff and resonance controls in the new version? I really think those should be separate. Even on the hardware unit it's hardly understandable that they didn't separate those, but in software, it's a big mistake IMO. Always having to use the switch to switch modes is very cumbersome.
Hi,

you mean graphical controls/knobs (GUI) , right ?

Well, Cutoff and Resonance are totally separate controls. By the way, like in the original hardware, they 'refer' to the same graphical knob (press the button to switch between the two). By the way they are completely independent controls. If you use MIDI, Cutoff and Resonance (and all the others) are assigned to different CC# (a.k.a. physical knobs) and they can be edited separately/independently, also at the same time.

I hope I had been helpful.:)

Ok, but don't you think, due to the non-existing limitation on software to not have to worry about costs when implementing hardware like knobs, it should be different, and on the GUI, there should be separate controls for cutoff and resonance? Not everyone has a midi keyboard which has knobs, or even uses a midi keyboard. It's really nice to have the controls on the GUI, and have them separated, instead of having to click a switch to switch the knob between cutoff and resonance mode. With all due respect to realism, and mimicing the hardware, that thing is a no-go on the hardware, and it's a big no-go in software. Controls on a soft synth ARE there to operate them with your mouse.

Return to “Instruments”