Fine Cut Bodies: La Petite Excite - Free exciter plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Found this plugin while reading an article over on Synthtopia yesterday. Given my proclivity for exciters lately, I immediately tried it. It is pretty nice! :tu:

Anyone else tried it? What do you think?

It's brilliant... better than tape plugins that cost a lot of dough.

Thanks alotique pour la information on le plog-in.
Je suis telecharging atm.
- WonderEcho -

Thanks for the link :)

Very nice, very very low CPU use (like almost none!).
A bit fried in the higher freqs

sounds phenomenal

Have to say, I'm pretty impressed. Nice thick low end and can really get synths to come alive in the mix. I love stumbling across free gems like this :tu:

Thank you, Naenyn, for sharing this discovery. Very nice plug!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

thanks guys for the kind words on this little plug. More to come soon!

what a lovely little freebie, thanks so much.

it's amazing what we can get these days for no or little money.. and these devs like yourself are doing 64 bit and both mac and pc versions.. again, amazing.. and for some of our paid stuff we'll never see an up to date version..

Thanks again, very kind of you.

I've tried it out before and it adds a nice upper sheen. If you like that one, I'd like to suggest this other free plugin: it's called SlickEQ by TokyoDawn. Many have heard of it...I'm sure you probably have too. It uses Baxandall and Gerzon curves for attenuation and boosting, so it always has a smooth and graceful sound no matter how you turn the knobs.

Another free VST that works well with either of those plugins is A1StereoControl for its MS processing. Why that? Because if you duplicate your track, you can solo out the sides on one track and use the aforementioned plugins to enhance the "air" on it, then mix that back in whilst you pull back on the sides of the other track. This is essentially parallel processing for the sides. Anyway. You can get really creative with this idea. Just something to add to this post.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

This thing sounds pretty solid and smooth on both high and low. Great job! And thanks Mathematics for the advice, I'll be looking up A1 and figuring out some new ways---

:tu:

just downloaded and quickly checked it out, ... very effective !

I think they tried to use french words, and they came very close : with an extra "e" at the end, it means roughly "the little horny girl". Very good exciter indeed.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote:I think they tried to use french words, and they came very close : with an extra "e" at the end, it means roughly "the little horny girl". Very good exciter indeed.
That is correct French actually except for the word "excite" taken out of context (it's a verb, not a noun). "La petite" is correct. "Excite" is to get excited, not horny (though it can also mean horny you naughty mind).

The little excited.. He.. Why not :)

Ha I see what you mean "la petite excitee". Lol ;)
Play it by ear

Return to “Effects”