Axe-FX vs amp sims

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

incubus wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IudW6dSQiPg

There is no substitute for being able to play.
Oh man, it's depressing. Things were crazy for a long time after my daughter was born and now I'm digging back into playing... and I suck. I was never great. I used to joke that my guitar skills were somewhere between John Lennon and Elliot Easton (The Cars) but leaning toward Lennon. :lol: but I'm digging back in now and all my muscles and callouses are gone. I've got to get going again!
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Seeing all of the players on YouTube, it is amazing to me how many very very good guitar players there are out there.

Just a little off topic question: do you know where those isolated track videos come from? Do they come from the original multi-track tapes?

Marc

They used to all come from Guitar Hero / Rock Band type games with individual instrument tracks to enable their gameplay.

Anyhow, I'm really happy with what I have available right now. S-Gear 2 + a few Thermionik amps (I only have 2 packs) + RedWirez impulses cover almost everything I need.
Hey bManic, I have pretty much the same thing ( I only have the AC30 and Boogie Mark IIC+ from Thermionik)

Have you tried any Ownhammer IRs? I like these a lot better than the Redwirez ones. Also, I added the Mercuriall U530 to the collection. It does nice clean/crunch too -besides it's high gain "comfort zone" ;-)

I run them all through the S-Gear FX and cabs (mostly IRs) - as I'm trying to keep things uncomplicated if possible. ;-)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Agreed wrote:They used to all come from Guitar Hero / Rock Band type games with individual instrument tracks to enable their gameplay.
Ah! Ok, I see.
Thanks!
Marc

egbert wrote:*crickets*
Are you saying you get that tone?

zerocrossing wrote:all my muscles and callouses are gone. I've got to get going again!
I keep a 12string by the tv, and jam with whatever is on.
No time for couch potato syndrome.
Of course, I paid for a tv in another room for my wife, but callouses
are rarely under-rated. and no fighting over the remote :wink:

Never mind
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

glokraw wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:all my muscles and callouses are gone. I've got to get going again!
That's a good idea but never thought about it. Frankly, I really dislike the sound of 12 strings but if you want to build them callouses, that's the ticket.

Hey guys,

I just want to say, I appreciate all the kind words about Thermionik (I'm the developer.) Here are a few things you might not know about it:
  • You can demo all 25 amp models of Thermionik, feature unlimited, at your leisure.
  • You can buy only the models you like, one at a time, or build your own bundles and get discounts on purchases of 5 or more amp models at once.
  • Each amp model is its own plugin. They are dongle-free, hassle free, DRM free. The licensing model is similar to (and inspired by) that of Reaper.
  • If you need a cabinet simulator, I also make Recabinet (in fact, it was my first plugin.)
  • My official forum is here at KVR. :)
If you have any further questions or comments, feel free to visit my forum, or reply to this thread (I'll be following it.)
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

glokraw wrote:
I have a small living room rig, my chair swivels so I can be watching tv (or listening to music) and swing around to face my set-up, I also keep my Ovation there...been doing that for years, watching tv jamming away on a guitar :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
glokraw wrote:
I have a small living room rig, my chair swivels so I can be watching tv (or listening to music) and swing around to face my set-up, I also keep my Ovation there...been doing that for years, watching tv jamming away on a guitar :tu:
Yeah, I just set up an acoustic and a Rogue Sitar-guitar in the living room for this exact thing.
Zerocrossing Media

zerocrossing wrote:
Hink wrote:
glokraw wrote:
Yeah, I just set up an acoustic and a Rogue Sitar-guitar in the living room for this exact thing.
The other thing you can do, to get back into it quickly, is buy strings that are heavier than what you normally use. Use them for a while and then go back to your regulars. I broke my tendons a few years back, and after a long wait I used that method.

zerocrossing wrote:
Hink wrote:
glokraw wrote:
for the first time I actually put my cell phone on my foot stool and recorded a lick so as not to forget it, I'm one of those now :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Effects”