What was the most successful OSC in terms of sound design ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Or, to rephrase this question: which One Synth Challenge led to the most interesting sounds in your opinion ?

I find Zebra's OSC to be the most "interesting".

Given there has never been a Zebra challenge, I assume that means you've never found any of them interesting ?

I have only been doing this for a relatively short time so I can't really give an opinion that means anything, but since I've been doing these, I'd say it was MUX.

Well Zebralette is supposed to be a Zebra oscillator so maybe he meant that but, I really think he thought you were talking about 'osc' as in oscillators but, maybe you knew that anyway...
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

lolilol1975 wrote:Given there has never been a Zebra challenge, I assume that means you've never found any of them interesting ?
Lol, of course but i could bet that Zebra had one too.... maybe it´s about time then.
But i made my own one synth challenge with all my synths.... so i missed your quote to the official one synth challenge thread here.
Second would be Sunrizer...not sure if there was a challenge for this. If not it should be too.
Sorry to missunderstood you.

There was an Any One Synth where they could choose which one they'd like to use. I happen to have used Saurus, but another person used Zebra, and I believe he won. He had some great sounds in there for sure. :)

Another OSC I liked (and participated in) was the Hive OSC. It can't do 'everything' in the book, as it has certain limitations compared to some other synths, but it was interesting to hear what people were able to get from it.

bibz1st wrote:Well Zebralette is supposed to be a Zebra oscillator so maybe he meant that but, I really think he thought you were talking about 'osc' as in oscillators but, maybe you knew that anyway...
He he, yes i thought it for a moment. Sorry, my english is still poor and i´m still a newbie. Didn´t knowed what an OSC or LFO some time ago.

So time to look into the OSC (one synth challenge :dog: ) thread....makes sense now!

bibz1st wrote:Well Zebralette is supposed to be a Zebra oscillator so maybe he meant that but, I really think he thought you were talking about 'osc' as in oscillators but, maybe you knew that anyway...
Ah yes, didn't think about that :ud:

Cinebient wrote:
lolilol1975 wrote:Given there has never been a Zebra challenge, I assume that means you've never found any of them interesting ?
Lol, of course but i could bet that Zebra had one too.... maybe it´s about time then.
But i made my own one synth challenge with all my synths.... so i missed your quote to the official one synth challenge thread here.
Second would be Sunrizer...not sure if there was a challenge for this. If not it should be too.
Sorry to missunderstood you.
No harm done. It was just a misunderstanding. :wink:

Hive, just check Jasinski's track or Bjulin.
But maybe Yeager is the one to give you an answer, I think he participated in all of them.

Because OSC is very diverse, if you want to look for the best sound design there are a few factors you could look at:

1. An OSC that features a synth that doesn't look like it is really flexible. Listen to the top 10 or so songs of that OSC and hear why most people voted the most these songs

2. In most OSCs, they feature the same artists who participate regularly. If you follow certin artists and see what they're capable of personally, you canbgauage a good idea of what one can do. 2 come to mind that I listen to mostly, Jasinski & Z Prime, but there are more who have VERY exceptional tracks.

3. In more of the recent OSC posts, the beginning posts will feature some if the presets that artists have used for theonth's contest. Since most of the OSCs have free Synths, you can download the Synths & presets & give them a whirl for yourself. That way you can use their songs as a reference of how they used the sounds. Most of the artists give each other tips & other presets throughout the forum for the month. This is VERY helpful. Also, you can download any presets that are already available in the KVR bank.

Just a few ideas!
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote: 3. In more of the recent OSC posts, the beginning posts will feature some if the presets that artists have used for theonth's contest. Since most of the OSCs have free Synths, you can download the Synths & presets & give them a whirl for yourself. That way you can use their songs as a reference of how they used the sounds. Most of the artists give each other tips & other presets throughout the forum for the month. This is VERY helpful. Also, you can download any presets that are already available in the KVR bank.

Just a few ideas!
Oh I didn't see the presets were available for download !

Return to “Instruments”