Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Waldorf Edition 2.0.1 - Changelog

D-Pole
-----
- VST3 + AAX Presets added to the installer (*.vstpreset + *.tfx files)
(NOTE: working in Windows but remaining problems with Presets at OSX - should work when installed manually)
- Solved: Credits page missing at VST3 - not fixed in OSX
- solved: Bigger GUI appears at Full HD display (automatic detection issue)

PPG Wave 2.V
----
(NOTE: working in Windows but remaining problems with Presets at OSX - should work when installed manually)
- solved: Problems and crashes when importing fxb files (OSX)
- Solved: Bigger GUI appears at Full HD display (automatic detection issue)
- Solved: Random feature does not work properly
- Solved: Crash with the Random feature in PPG Wave 2.V (OSX)
- Solved: Random feature does not work in AAX Plugin
(changed to Ctrl+Leftclick on AKKu for the AAX on Windows, stays ALT+Leftclick on AKKU for other formats and on OSX)

Attack
------
- updated/fixed fxp files for factory kits (now 2 audio outputs maximum)
- Audio outputs now excluded from the Random kit and Random Sound features (now always Output 1 used)
- Solved: Crashes with combination of Samples + Pitch envelope modulation (all plugin formats)
- Solved: Crashes when switching Samples (OSX)
- Solved: Compatibiility issues with importing Delay settings fom version 1.x solved
- Solved: Switching polyphonic Instruments with track MIDI channel (VST3 + AAX)
- Solved: Fine resolution of dials doesnґt work
- Solved: Bigger GUI appears at Full HD display (automatic detection issue)
- Solved: Wrong audio output naming in host (similar in all plugin formats now)
- Solved: Effects automation parameters names in Live 9 + missing parameters
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Murnau no no, i know 201, but i mean, maybe was be also something between this releases.

c_voltage wrote:Murnau no no, i know 201, but i mean, maybe was be also something between this releases.
nope! :wink:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Hm, btw installed just now PPG3V 105 64bit, it seems all not so bad as was in 32bit 102 version, this is encouraging.
No, little delay of displaying of parameter in host about i told earlier also reproduced in here, but no many other problematic points about which I no wrote last time (which was in x32 v102), related with UI and 3v browser.

It seems the Reaper windows 7 x64 preset bug was never fixed. I save my presets using Reaper's wrapper and preset system and every time I close and then reopen a project it ignores my saved preset and reverts to factory bank and the first preset. This is a huge PITA. This is the only software I own that does this. What's the status of this bug fix?

Doc Brown wrote:It seems the Reaper windows 7 x64 preset bug was never fixed. I save my presets using Reaper's wrapper and preset system and every time I close and then reopen a project it ignores my saved preset and reverts to factory bank and the first preset. This is a huge PITA. This is the only software I own that does this. What's the status of this bug fix?
Which plugin do you talk about? Does the bug only appear in Reaper v5 or also in v4?

While i got some other hosts for testing that are at the latest version (e.g. Live, Cubase, Studio One, Bitwig) for Reaper at the moment i only got v4. I admit i have not really used it for a while and when i do it's only for plugin testing purposes.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:It seems the Reaper windows 7 x64 preset bug was never fixed. I save my presets using Reaper's wrapper and preset system and every time I close and then reopen a project it ignores my saved preset and reverts to factory bank and the first preset. This is a huge PITA. This is the only software I own that does this. What's the status of this bug fix?
Which plugin do you talk about? Does the bug only appear in Reaper v5 or also in v4?

While i got some other hosts for testing that are at the latest version (e.g. Live, Cubase, Studio One, Bitwig) for Reaper at the moment i only got v4. I admit i have not really used it for a while and when i do it's only for plugin testing purposes.

HI Ingo

Latest version of Reaper x64, I believe it's 5.18. The issue is with Largo. I don't have version 4 on my system anymore just the latest version of x64 Reaper in Windows7 x64. It's like Largo ignores Reaper and my current preset in my project and just goes back to default preset every time I reopen a project.

Doc Brown wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

HI Ingo

Latest version of Reaper x64, I believe it's 5.18. The issue is with Largo. I don't have version 4 on my system anymore just the latest version of x64 Reaper in Windows7 x64. It's like Largo ignores Reaper and my current preset in my project and just goes back to default preset every time I reopen a project.
Hi,

so it only happens when re-loading a host project or also in other cases?

do you use teh VST2 or VST3 plugin? In Reaper v4 loading the VSt3 was not possible but i could check this in Cubbase and Studio One if necessary.

BTW are you using the latest Largo version v1.6.0 that was released some weeks ago?

I do not really remember such problem with the latest version in other hosts like e.g. Live. I just checked in Live 9.6.1 64-bit using the latest VST2 of Largo v1.6.0 and on Windows 10 64-bit without a problem at re-loading a saved project.

UPDATE: I also just checked in Reaper 4.78 64-bit (on Windows 10 64-bit) and also no problem with re-loading a saved project there.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

HI Ingo

Hi,

so it only happens when re-loading a host project or also in other cases?

do you use teh VST2 or VST3 plugin? In Reaper v4 loading the VSt3 was not possible but i could check this in Cubbase and Studio One if necessary.

BTW are you using the latest Largo version v1.6.0 that was released some weeks ago?

I do not really remember such problem with the latest version in other hosts like e.g. Live. I just checked in Live 9.6.1 64-bit using the latest VST2 of Largo v1.6.0 and on Windows 10 64-bit without a problem at re-loading a saved project.

UPDATE: I also just checked in Reaper 4.78 64-bit (on Windows 10 64-bit) and also no problem with re-loading a saved project there.
I believe the version I have is 1.5.3 so I will update that when I get home and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks Ingo.

hi ingo, could you please check if the download links for the latest windows versions are working. here i can only access the download for nave, all the others (largo, lector, ppg wave 3v) give an error message.
thanks

Gosh wrote:hi ingo, could you please check if the download links for the latest windows versions are working. here i can only access the download for nave, all the others (largo, lector, ppg wave 3v) give an error message.
thanks
The links seem to be broken indeed. This is strange as some days ago they seemed to be working. Wil try to ask at Waldorf and hopefully will get an answer soon.
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri May 06, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
Gosh wrote:hi ingo, could you please check if the download links for the latest windows versions are working. here i can only access the download for nave, all the others (largo, lector, ppg wave 3v) give an error message.
thanks
The links indded seem to be broken. This is strange as some days ago they seemed to be working. Wil try to ask at Waldorf and hopefully will get an answer soon.
thanks ingo :tu: , i also wrote a mail to waldorf support

Hi,

within Reaper you might have to switch on "Save pluginstate as bank", depending on the plugin, in order to have your presets restored after reloading a project.
Some need it some not.
You find this function in the plugin window, if you open the "+".

MorpherX wrote:

Hi,

within Reaper you might have to switch on "Save pluginstate as bank", depending on the plugin, in order to have your presets restored after reloading a project.
Some need it some not.
Awesome. I'll try that thanks.

Doc Brown wrote:
MorpherX wrote:

Hi,

Some need it some not.
Awesome. I'll try that thanks.

But don't forget to save your project after having switched on this function for one or more plugins , then close it and reopen it.

Return to “Instruments”