This kind of sampler

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
I'm looking for a sampler that lets me trigger different parts of an audio clip by midi. Similar to a drum sampler, but without having to chop up the audio.
I know Ableton has something like this but I don't want to use it just for this purpose.
What I'd like to do is to trigger and loop parts of a long stretched sample to create different melodies/textures.

Try New Sonic Arts Vice it might do what you want,it slices segments of a loop to keys

http://www.newsonicarts.com/html/vice.php

Any sampler that supports SFZ mapping can do this (offset and end opcodes).

Vice looks pretty cool, but I think Egoist is more into melodic stuff rather than drum loops.
I'll investigate further.

there have been at least a dozen "loop samplers" by independent developers. i know i made one, but i can't remember the name let alone if i still host it.

ugo made one as well (and produces that style so well suited) - atm ugoaudio.com is taking an age to load, but it ought to be easy to find (and his plugs are now free). but yeah search "loop samplers" - they generally give you 16 offset points for triggering parts of a break.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”