TBProAudio releases dpMeter II - Free Digital Precision Meter Plugin including Loudness Matching

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
dpMeter 2

TBProAudio releases dpMeter II, a precise digital audio multi channel meter
including RMS, EBUR128 and TruePeak measurement. It is the sucessor of the very popular dpMeter and adds manual loudness matching.

Features:
  • click-free 64-bit internal processing
  • 2 measurement modes: RMS/EBU R128
  • multi channel metering: 2-6 RMS channels, 2.0 stereo, 4.0, 4.1 and 5.1 surround
  • RMS: integrated, momentary, peak and true peak
  • EBU R128: integrated, momentary, short term, true pack and loudness range
  • true peak measurement based on ITU 1770
  • ITU1170/A/B/C/M-weighting filter
  • continuous/synced measurement
  • record metering results as automation data
  • large and accurate live meters
  • adjustable pre-gain
  • manual loudness/peak/TP match with given reference level
  • loudness offset mode

System Requirements:
  • Windows XP or newer
  • Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
  • Win: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • OS X: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32/64 Bit AU, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • Tested with: Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab 6/7/8, FL Studio 12.x, PT10/12, Reason 9.5

Price: free
Last edited by TB-ProAudio on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Update to V1.1:
- Loudness delta mode

This is great, thanks!

When you double click the value you want matching to the reference level then the gain changes, but when you click again the same amount is added or subtracted *again* from the gain? Would it not be better to just update the gain, is this a bug? Does not make sense as it is?

Also, some way to reset the gain with a click rather than have to click then type '0' using the keyboard would be welcome. Maybe single click resets, double opens text dialog?

Not trying to nitpick, just adding feedback. Cheers!

David Else wrote:This is great, thanks!
Thank you!
David Else wrote:When you double click the value you want matching to the reference level then the gain changes, but when you click again the same amount is added or subtracted *again* from the gain? Would it not be better to just update the gain, is this a bug? Does not make sense as it is?
Well, just single click only on the text description...
David Else wrote:Also, some way to reset the gain with a click rather than have to click then type '0' using the keyboard would be welcome. Maybe single click resets, double opens text dialog?
Double click on gain value opens text entry, shift mouse click resets to 0dB

thanks for quick reply.

shift click only works to get back to 0 sometimes, mainly is becomes values like 0.2, -0.2, 0.4...

i am using a tablet, so that is probably causing the issues. i can't seem to get a single click on the text values, it always adds the amount to gain rather than resets it. i tried changing setting in my bamboo tablet, no luck.

cheers

David Else wrote:thanks for quick reply.

shift click only works to get back to 0 sometimes, mainly is becomes values like 0.2, -0.2, 0.4...

i am using a tablet, so that is probably causing the issues. i can't seem to get a single click on the text values, it always adds the amount to gain rather than resets it. i tried changing setting in my bamboo tablet, no luck.
cheers
OK, i see. dpMeter is not specifically designed for tablets, we will do some tests...

Update to V1.1.1
- Presets added
- Small GUI Fixes
- Delta renamed to Offset

Can this detect ISPs?

MogwaiBoy wrote:Can this detect ISPs?
Yes

- Measurement updated to BS.1770-4
- Fix for (possible) negative Crest/LRA values, automation range extended

- Renamed automation parameter delta to RMS Offset and EBU Offset
- Fix AU/VST/VST3, Write Automation Data

Strange - as soon as I engage this plugin on the master in FL Studio, it boosts/increases the signal level into clipping. Is this normal?

Well, we had this already, but until now no real fix, sorry.
Workaround is to set the mix level to 0% for dpMeter2.
In any case we will look for a fix.

FL Studio channel assignment fix

AAX fix for write automation data
EBUR128: IL/LRA measurement time extended

MogwaiBoy wrote:Strange - as soon as I engage this plugin on the master in FL Studio, it boosts/increases the signal level into clipping. Is this normal?
V1.1.6 should fix this, thanks for the report.

Excellente :)

I will check it out. Thank you!

Return to “Effects”