UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I appear to have stumbled onto a self-contained ecosystem like Nebula, which I had never noticed before. Man, you could leave that UVI site incredibly poor considering all the cool stuff...

c_voltage wrote:
ErikH wrote: Add $29 and you have Relayer:
If i remember correctly 100$ voucher does not apply to UVI FX-s (relayer or sparkverb), just for sounds.
Yes, correct.
(and I got the cool XTreme FX btw...)
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

My bad. I already had Relayer, so...

Anyway: Relayer is more than inspiring, and when you assume you know how it works, a new layer appears.
It is one of my favourite effects plugins.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Plugsound Pro collection is massive and a bargain for layering and synthesis

I'm getting dropouts when playing chords for a pad I made, and I don't understand why. I've disabled all the effects and modulation, and Falcon is reporting a max CPU of 10% when the chord changes. I've set the program poly and program note poly to 256 each to rule that out... no dice. Any ideas? Here's a sample. It's just two analog oscillators with no unison, effects, or modulation. It happens only when playing live – if I render the track, I don't get those dropouts. That seems crazy for something that only "spikes" to 10% CPU! Dropouts on chord changes.

edit: I just tried some factory patches, and they don't drop out. I guess it's something with my patch programming? Here it is with effects disabled.

padillac I already wrote earlier about similar behavior, this is with standalone Falcon ?

padillac wrote:I'm getting dropouts when playing chords for a pad I made, and I don't understand why. I've disabled all the effects and modulation, and Falcon is reporting a max CPU of 10% when the chord changes. I've set the program poly and program note poly to 256 each to rule that out... no dice. Any ideas? Here's a sample. It's just two analog oscillators with no unison, effects, or modulation. It happens only when playing live – if I render the track, I don't get those dropouts. That seems crazy for something that only "spikes" to 10% CPU! Dropouts on chord changes.

edit: I just tried some factory patches, and they don't drop out. I guess it's something with my patch programming? Here it is with effects disabled.
I tried your preset, it load my cpu with every press note to 100% via DAW cpu meter - and this is exactly about what i'm wrote, i mean if you use standalone falcon UI cpu meter, then it can be incorrectly displayed perhaps.
ADDED
oh, i forgot that even in plugin version there is cpu meter, so, in it i really see something about 8% cpu (while 100% in daw meter)
I think that the problem is just in speed of display numbers, perhaps Falcon cpu meter does not have time to display large short peaks.

But in any case this is really interesting (strange) preset :lol: , i think its must check by an expert, because really all FX disabled, and even when i disable all (both) oscillators even without sound just press to note causes 100% cpu , perhaps something related with modulation\envelopes ?, need dig into it.
Thank for share.

Found reason - even disabled (!) convolver fx in keygroup level causes cpu load at pressed note :o .
Try just remove it.
(And it better reproduced exactly with impulse called "drone")
Perhaps bug or.. ?

c_voltage wrote:Found reason - even disabled (!) convolver fx in keygroup level causes cpu load at pressed note :o .
Try just remove it.
(And it better reproduced exactly with impulse called "drone")
Perhaps bug or.. ?
Whoa, thanks c_voltage! I did not think to delete effects... I figured disabling them was good enough. Well, I know what to look for in the future. Thanks for debugging my patch :party:

And the convolver is dead to me... :box:

Putting convolver at keygroup level is close to suicidal - this means that each played VOICE gets its own convolver... Which cannot be CPU efficient no matter how you turn. Convolvers are best served at program level.

EvilDragon wrote:Putting convolver at keygroup level is close to suicidal - this means that each played VOICE gets its own convolver... Which cannot be CPU efficient no matter how you turn. Convolvers are best served at program level.
Make sense.

padillac ok :)

Hm btw good FX with exactly this Drone impulse, nice ambient tool. Just honestly to say i not enough dig into falcon yet, and i though here is just one IR fx i.e. Reverb, that way the analysis of problems becomes for me a discovery of some interesting pieces.

About problem - i agree that such FXs better to use in upper levels, but nonetheless need figure out why it use cpu in bypass state, unusual behavior.

Hi,

If you have problems in getting Falcon 1.1.0 or later versions, to run in standalone, or as a VST, and you are on Windows 8.1, the issue can be fixed by updating your Windows 8.1 to the latest version.

I updated my Windows 8.1 to the current version, and all is working fine now, Falcon 1.1.2 finally working great ! :tu:

So, it is not a PACE/iLok issue, or related to my DAW (Cubase) , but rather due to an older version of Windows 8.1 which most likely is missing a key update that Falcon needs to work.

Hope this is helpful info.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

UmFuFu wrote:
otristan wrote: You are using the MPE script from the Utilities folder from Falcon factory script ?
Not the one I've sent on KvR, right ?
Well I thought I was but it turns out I wasn't. And now that I'm trying out the factory one I'm getting really odd results. My pitch shifts are different even though all else seems the same. Kinda freaking me out... Should I/could I put this all in an e-mail for you? I'd love to get this sorted out but I'm not sure I should take up the space here.

Thanks so much,
B
The pitch bend range might be different between the one in the resource and the one I have sent here.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote:
UmFuFu wrote:
otristan wrote: You are using the MPE script from the Utilities folder from Falcon factory script ?
Not the one I've sent on KvR, right ?
Well I thought I was but it turns out I wasn't. And now that I'm trying out the factory one I'm getting really odd results. My pitch shifts are different even though all else seems the same. Kinda freaking me out... Should I/could I put this all in an e-mail for you? I'd love to get this sorted out but I'm not sure I should take up the space here.

Thanks so much,
B
The pitch bend range might be different between the one in the resource and the one I have sent here.
1) I actually modified both scripts to go down to 1 semitone pitch-bend range. This is the only line I modified in the script:

local PitchBendRange = NumBox {"PitchBendRange", 1, 1, 48, false, displayName = "PB Range", tooltip = "Pitch Bend Range"}

Is this the only line I should need to modify?

2) If I use the Script Event Modulation with the depth sliders set to the same place it shouldn't matter right?

Thanks for your help!

Return to “Instruments”