Stolen Items, please keep an eye out

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've had this happen more than once in my lifetime.
I've learned thieves that suspect you have the serial numbers will move them across the country borders (Canada and Mexico). But if you have the serial numbers to list with the police report it can help. Depending on your state's law, check to see what the resale responsibility of pawn shops are.
Some are required to hold them for a time (usually 30-90 days) while others in unincorporated townships can buy and sell on the same day. Since thieves know this, they will always go to those that can buy/sell without a waiting period first. So you can filter through and check those yourself.

Another thing is what marks us for the potential of being ripped off.
It isn't necessarily someone that even has a clue of what you have.
When I lived in Northern California, the burglary division informed me that thieves simply follow those that sport advertisements. i.e. bumper/window stickers, t-shirts/clothing/bags, etc.

Since that time, I throw all that junk away or store in the box with the packing (or in the case of t-shirts, wear only while washing my car).

Didn't stop me from being robbed another time though, and that was simply because they were able to case me moving my live gear in and out regularly. Insurance is a pain and they most often only pay depreciated values, never replacement costs. Sometimes if they know it's used live, they won't pay at all. And in the case of my last loss, they actually took all my computer media/ram cards too. So I ended up losing years of work and recordings. But the police these days mark everything as an insurance claim and it's quite low on their list of things to follow up on.

Your best bet right now is to make a list with serial numbers to distribute to the pawn shops in the surrounding areas.

I feel for you. Good luck.

(And BTW, never think you can simply march in somewhere and take back your stuff. That's what O.J. Simpson is serving time for.)
Last edited by BBFG# on Thu May 05, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnX wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
AnX wrote:Why dont you just take it back?
Because real life isn't like the movies.
Relevance?
Because he values the civilized life that he lives and has much more to lose than just his stuff if he acts like a comic book hero.

I feel for you, but I can't believe the long arm of the law can't help you even a little bit. That must be some dicey neighborhood.

Hope it works out.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Mushy Mushy wrote:
AnX wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Relevance?
Because you're implying you can just stomp on in there with an army of Vin Diesel's and take back what's rightfully yours. What happens in the real world is you walk in there and get the complete and utter sh!t kicked out of you.
Point me to where i said anything remotely close to that

AnX wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
AnX wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Relevance?
Because you're implying you can just stomp on in there with an army of Vin Diesel's and take back what's rightfully yours. What happens in the real world is you walk in there and get the complete and utter sh!t kicked out of you.
Seriously? Four posts up.
Why don't you just take it back.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

BERFAB wrote:
AnX wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Relevance?
Because he values the civilized life that he lives

Yeah, those peeps next door are so classy, thats one civilized area.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
AnX wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
AnX wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Relevance?
Seriously? Four posts up.
Why don't you just take it back.
Yeah, i know what i posted. Its nothing like your imagination.

AnX wrote:Yeah, i know what i posted. Its nothing like your imagination.
Explain to me oh wise one how you intend to "take it back" without using force.
I remind you of the key word you used "take".

Mushy Mushy wrote:
I didnt say you couldnt use 'force'

Be smart. They have to leave the house at some point. Break in and take it back

Personally, if i def knew it was them, it would be back in my possesion already.

Jeez, its a couple of kids, get your gear back.

AnX wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:

Personally, if i def knew it was them, it would be back in my possesion already.

And I rest my case, you're no more civilized than the thieves themselves.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
AnX wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:

So taking back your own property, that was stolen from your own house, is wrong? I can live with that. No vin diesel required.

AnX wrote:So taking back your own property, that was stolen from your own house, is wrong? I can live with that. No vin diesel required.
Not wrong, but illegal.
The only way to do this legally is with the police but they seem to be useless, so the OP is SOL unfortunately.

AnX wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
AnX wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:

So taking back your own property, that was stolen from your own house, is wrong? I can live with that. No vin diesel required.
May i ask kindly where you are living?

Mushy Mushy wrote:
AnX wrote:So taking back your own property, that was stolen from your own house, is wrong? I can live with that. No vin diesel required.
Not wrong, but illegal.
The only way to do this legally is with the police but they seem to be useless, so the OP is SOL unfortunately.
Im not too fussed about the legalities of it. If caught, a court wouldnt convict me of anything serious, and those lovely neighbors might think twice next time. You cant let ppl take liberties, or your gear.

Lets say he's insured, buys all lovely new stuff... that new stuff will look very tempting...

AnX wrote: Im not too fussed about the legalities of it.
Neither are criminals. And, many of them have weapons, not to mention other low-life friends who also have weapons. Escalating a situation like this would be a pretty foolish thing to do. I doubt the OP wants to spend his nights worrying about if/when the inevitable retaliation is going to occur, especially if he has a family.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

bbaggins wrote:The footprints ended at that house. Two early-20's guys live there. Showed this all to the cops but was told all they could do was run the plates on the cars parked there. They suggested that the stuff would likely turn up at a pawn shop, eventually.

I can't begin to describe how pissed off I am.
Yeah, that is just crazy.

Has there been any politician of the last 30 years who haven't got into office promising to get tough on crime, and this is the result :help:

Lazy police, more interested in doughnuts than doing their job :x

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”