Stolen Items, please keep an eye out

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My studio was burgled yesterday. Computers, keyboards, amps and studio monitors.

If you are in the Pacific Northwest, please keep an eye out for these items in the pawn shops and Craigslist, etc. Some are things you don't see very often in the second-hand market.

Yamaha MO8 synthesizer
Hammond XK-1 organ
Roland KC-350 keyboard amps (2)
ADAM P-11A powered monitors
M-Audio BX-10 powered sub
Shure KSM-44 microphone
Ventilator Leslie simulator
TC Helicon VoiceLive vocal effects processor

Thanks in advance. If you're like me, you find these types of thefts especially egregious. It's not funny when you steal someone's livelihood.

You probably know this already, but, it's very common that thieves know comprehensively about the stuff, and the place they rob beforehand. I don't know about the location of your studio, or if people can take a look inside, or if you have doubtful people visiting you or your studio, but, if you inform the police about the theft, and what has been stolen, i'd consider thinking about if there's any possiblity that someone you know could know about it, or informed someone else, who could have stolen your stuff, or things like that. Or if your stuff is visible from the outside, through a window, or similar. Really, thieves don't just get in somewhere, in almost all cases, they know exactly where to steal something, if it's worth it, and what is to steal, because they need to monetize it afterwards.

Feel sorry for you and hope you had insurance.

Some people work hard and save money so they can buy what they need or want, while others just steal it instead. What some times take years to save up to only take some seconds to steal. I hate that more than anything and it happened to me to. Sorry for your loss.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Sorry to hear about the theft. Maybe alert the music stores in your area?

Many years ago two of our band members suddenly quit after a gig, taking all the tip money and two microphones. Not nearly as bad a loss as yours, but when you know the thieves it seems to hurt a bit more maybe.

Hopefully your stuff will turn up.

Did you have serial numbers, if so might be an idea to post those.

Turns out, we've determined who stole the stuff but can't do anything about it. It was my next-door neighbors.

Most of the stuff was heavy, not things you could tuck under your arm and run down the street with. You'd either need a van/truck or not have to go very far with them. But the driveway gate was locked, so no vehicle was involved. They had to have come on foot, jumping over a fence. So we walked the fence line looking for footprints, and found them.

There were clear footprints to my back fence and a new chip out of the fence top where they tossed everything over. And a rubber foot from a synth on the ground. The footprints ended at that house. Two early-20's guys live there. Showed this all to the cops but was told all they could do was run the plates on the cars parked there. They suggested that the stuff would likely turn up at a pawn shop, eventually.

I can't begin to describe how pissed off I am.

Did you take pictures of the serial numbers on your Hardware?
Or have the boxes with the serials on?

If not it would be hard to track it down.

Why dont you just take it back?

AnX wrote:Why dont you just take it back?
Because real life isn't like the movies.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

bbaggins wrote: There were clear footprints to my back fence and a new chip out of the fence top where they tossed everything over. And a rubber foot from a synth on the ground. The footprints ended at that house. Two early-20's guys live there. Showed this all to the cops but was told all they could do was run the plates on the cars parked there. They suggested that the stuff would likely turn up at a pawn shop, eventually.

I can't begin to describe how pissed off I am.
Go over the officers' heads to somebody higher in command. What about your local news stations? Do any of them have some sort of "problem solvers" program to help its viewers out? Our local news station does, and they seem to do a good job of getting the attention of police and other government agencies when they won't do their job. When journalists highlight their failures and broadcast it to the entire city, that tends to get their attention.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Something can be done, that is absolutely bullshit, and I would have escalated it immediately had they tried to blow me off. News reports, calling up a crew of people to go vigilante on these mfers would not be out of the question.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
My rage wouldn't prevent me from breaking into their house and physically threatening them with sharp objects to give it back.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Relevance?

AnX wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Relevance?
Because you're implying you can just stomp on in there with an army of Vin Diesel's and take back what's rightfully yours. What happens in the real world is you walk in there and get the complete and utter sh!t kicked out of you.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”