n-Track Studio update/beautification/facelift. Users? Experiences?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I saw a lil while back that n-Track Studio has undergone a major upgrade and the gui is far and away more visually appealing than ever before. Not anything jaw-dropping, but it does look simply very nice. (I've also noted it's been going up in popularity in the rankings over the past week or three, so it would seem some folks are taking another look of late.)

Has anyone had any experience with the program prior and/or now? Views? Opinions? It certainly seems capable in terms of it's basic functions/features. It's price is definitely nice.
I've long since settled on Reaper due to cpu-efficency but I'm always open to alternatives (especially if they're straight-forward and more simple). I have a long-standing weakness for energyXT for it's immediacy and the new n-Track seems as though it may serve in that area, so I'm wondering about performance (and more besides). I'm just a simple hobbyist who loves freeware synths, etc. so that's where I'm personally coming from.

Opinions? Experience? Words? Things?

Thanks! :)
"The last man on earth doesn't miss anyone at all." - Haujobb, Faith In Chaos

For straight forward and simpler (than the other DAWs), while not giving up stability, I can recommend these two:

-- Mixcraft

http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/

-- MultiTrack Studio Pro

http://www.multitrackstudio.com/

Wow it finally no longer looks like Babya Logic.

It has a demo!

That's an amazing concept that hosts which cost 3x as much don't even have. Good for them.

Robert Randolph wrote:It has a demo!

That's an amazing concept that hosts which cost 3x as much don't even have. Good for them.
Good thing I tried the demo, this is extremely buggy. Wow.

All sorts of graphical glitches, 2 crashes, multiple VSTs won't load and .... while writing this, it just crashed in the background.

Oh well.

Robert Randolph wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:It has a demo!

Good thing I tried the demo, this is extremely buggy. Wow.

All sorts of graphical glitches, 2 crashes, multiple VSTs won't load and .... while writing this, it just crashed in the background.

Oh well.
It's been a loooooooong time since I used it, but it was always this way for me...

I think it was some posts of yours, on the n-track forum, that led me to check out Tracktion 1.x originally.
I switched and never looked back...well, except for when T was abandoned after T3.

Yes, "waveman92k" (or so) back then, iIrc - same here, anyway - that's how I came to Tracktion back in 2003, that's how I came here...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Yep, that was me.

Funny to see we've all shared a similar path.

Tracktion 1.x was pretty damn fine for the time too.

It's pretty much been working solidly for me, using the 64bit version, it also loads 32bit external vsts without incident. It's not my FIRST go-to DAW, but it's grown so much over the past few versions, I'm far more likely to use it with all the little built in things that are accessible without having to search all around for it.

May I ask why n-Track Studio is not more popular? It's been around a while and has a good feature set. Also, I haven't been able to log on to the English website . . . I'm redirected to a German page. Anyone else have this problem?

tommyzai wrote:May I ask why n-Track Studio is not more popular?

It's very unstable for most everyone I've talked to about it.

Last n-track version that I've heard anyone number of people call 'stable' was 3.3.

Ok I gotta try this purely out of curiosity now.. just can't help myself.. let's see how it goes in el capitan.

tommyzai wrote:....I haven't been able to log on to the English website . . . I'm redirected to a German page. Anyone else have this problem?
No problems here bringing up the English website (I'm using Firefox).

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”