And Now For Something Completely Different

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some uptempo brassy stuff.
The intro and outro of a longer piece spliced together. It's supposed to represent a busy day in the office...

And Now For Something Completely Different

J. Cleese Vox sample from a floppy cover disc from the early nineties (I think it was from a game);
other vox samples : Jana Tarasenko ("here we go!" and "yeah!";
drums: GroveAgent One ( :o )
everything else (acc. bass, organ, brass): HALion 5;
Waves NLS on every channel, including buses;
eq and compression/limiting: BX and elysia;
clipper (on buses): SIR;
reverb and echo: Valhalla.

Comments, and (polite :D ) suggestions welcomed.
Enjoy! :party:
:tu:

PS
Some complain about the brightness of my tracks, so I've removed all of my saturation plugs, except NLS, and used a 2-pole lpf set to 15k across the board. The saturator in the SIR clipper is set to zero.

Exhilarating! :tu:

Wow, that was really something completely different in a most refreshing way. I did not expect this. Great job.

Yup, that was completely different. But very welcome! I thought it was really nicely mixed, too.

Thanks for the positive comments, guys. :tu:

This manages to pack a lot of music into less than 2 minutes. I liked the brass, which managed to sound like Brecker and Malone on The Purple Lagoon. This definitely has a "frantic/frenetic" flavour, which is probably representative of an average day in my office.

Between 1:00 and 1:20 I can see quite a lot of energy at approx. 17KHz. (probably the cymbals). It may be that your input levels are set too high for the filter to attenuate sufficiently.

You can use spek to check this http://spek.cc/

Good work :)

Ayorinde,
Thank you for the review! Now your tune: I got a kick out of it! That was fun, I liked it! My old Korg TR-Rack had a similar brassy patch, but yours has more available realistic dynamics.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

seismic1 wrote:Between 1:00 and 1:20 I can see quite a lot of energy at approx. 17KHz. (probably the cymbals). It may be that your input levels are set too high for the filter to attenuate sufficiently.
High frequencies are always a problem for me. I no longer use my ears, just metering. :( If I turn up the cymbals so I can hear them the missus winces! :dog:
seismic1 wrote:You can use spek to check this http://spek.cc/
Thanks, I shall give this a workout. :tu:
aaron aardvark wrote: My old Korg TR-Rack had a similar brassy patch, but yours has more available realistic dynamics.
The brass is a HALion trumpet patch with key-switching for the various articulations. I use three instances for the harmonies, one for the solo.

Thank you for your time - it's our most precious commodity! :party: :tu:

Very Cool! I like a lot.

The HALion stuff sounds very good--I'd never really heard it before. Some of the legato phrasing on the trumpet is pretty noticeably synthetic, but otherwise, quite passable.

More please :D

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

Well this is different,alright. Really cool,I honestly wasn't expecting something like this,mix is also nice. Some parts reminded me a bit of the intro music from this old anime "Cowboy Bebob"... :lol:
Makes music that sounds like it came out of a game or film.

Unfocused wrote:...
More please :D
-u
Black Coffee No Sugar
There you go! :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”