Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lethal

tedannemann wrote:Thanks for the appreciation for my review. :tu:
It helped me out anyway man! :)

Cheers,

R.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

fallacy wrote:Its very interesting that people would throw $149 at something before being able to try it first...
It's called risk-taking. :D
I don't know how old you guys are. But in the 90s you had to buy sample CDs (AKAI, E-MU) for easily over USD $300 per CD (for 50 sounds or so!) without any sort of demo (no internet then). And such "overly German" things like "Widerrufsrecht" didn't exist then especially not for CDs or software in any kind. As a teenager I had to save for months to get a simple audio cd with uncleared (more or less unusable) samples on it.
I don't want to glorify the good old days but I think not having a demo isn't that uncommon in the musical industry. Of course I think it's vital to have a demo especially nowadays - no discussion needed. But after spending hundreds (or thousands over the years) of dollars for "expansions" (e.g. Nexus expansions or hardware expansions for synths like a PLG150-AN board - no demo whatsoever) all I can do is laugh about USD $149 for a obviously "serious" product (and don't get me wrong I am broke as f**k like every other musician too - but I am a gear junky too).

@tedannemann
i did not follow the whole thread, did you buy it? if so, is it worth the asking price?

tedannemann wrote:
fallacy wrote:Its very interesting that people would throw $149 at something before being able to try it first...
It's called risk-taking. :D
I don't know how old you guys are. But in the 90s you had to buy sample CDs (AKAI, E-MU) for easily over USD $300 per CD (for 50 sounds or so!) without any sort of demo (no internet then). And such "overly German" things like "Widerrufsrecht" didn't exist then especially not for CDs or software in any kind. As a teenager I had to save for months to get a simple audio cd with uncleared (more or less unusable) samples on it.
I don't want to glorify the good old days but I think not having a demo isn't that uncommon in the musical industry. Of course I think it's vital to have a demo especially nowadays - no discussion needed. But after spending hundreds (or thousands over the years) of dollars for "expansions" (e.g. Nexus expansions or hardware expansions for synths like a PLG150-AN board - no demo whatsoever) all I can do is laugh about USD $149 for a obviously "serious" product (and don't get me wrong I am broke as f**k like every other musician too - but I am a gear junky too).
It's 2016 mate, those problems of your childhood don't exist anymore. Stop trying to justify the company's terrible marketing.

fallacy wrote:It's 2016 mate, those problems of your childhood don't exist anymore. Stop trying to justify the company's terrible marketing.
That's what I wrote man, that's what I wrote:
tedannemann wrote: I don't want to glorify the good old days but I think not having a demo isn't that uncommon in the musical industry. Of course I think it's vital to have a demo especially nowadays - no discussion needed.
If you think the marketing sucks it's an easy decision. Just don't buy the product and stop whining. :wink:

bronxsound wrote:@tedannemann
i did not follow the whole thread, did you buy it? if so, is it worth the asking price?
You'll find my review on page 4 (you have to scroll down a bit).
Sorry, can't make generalizing statements on here. I am afraid to get an upgrade from "I am affiliated with company x/y" to "I am the antichrist". :D

tedannemann wrote: If you think the marketing sucks it's an easy decision. Just don't buy the product and stop whining. :wink:
This is an open forum where discussion and freedom of speech (good and bad) are permitted.

fallacy wrote:This is an open forum where discussion and freedom of speech (good and bad) are permitted.
VS
fallacy wrote:Stop trying to justify the company's terrible marketing.
I see, I see...

tedannemann wrote:
fallacy wrote:This is an open forum where discussion and freedom of speech (good and bad) are permitted.
VS
fallacy wrote:Stop trying to justify the company's terrible marketing.
I see, I see...
Noted. But I think there's a difference. You've spammed this thread with a response to everyone's opinion on the company, turning it somewhat personal.

fallacy wrote:Noted. But I think there's a difference. You've spammed this thread with a response to everyone's opinion on the company, turning it somewhat personal.
See what you are doing there? I took the bate and risk and bought this thing without demoing it. My common sense told me it can't be that bad. All I did was to "clarify" all the (sometimes really obscure) guesses. And kindly shared my experiences.

As I wrote here:
tedannemann wrote:I don't know if you guys realize that my intention was really to "help" lifting the veil of the mystery of this new product. Now you are telling lies about me? Not cool guys, not cool... :?
And yet you still (who "seem" not to own the product) call me a "spammer". Thanks for that.

tedannemann wrote:
fallacy wrote:Noted. But I think there's a difference. You've spammed this thread with a response to everyone's opinion on the company, turning it somewhat personal.
See what you are doing there? I took the bate and risk and bought this thing without demoing it. My common sense told me it can't be that bad. All I did was to "clarify" all the (sometimes really obscure) guesses. And kindly shared my experiences.

As I wrote here:
tedannemann wrote:I don't know if you guys realize that my intention was really to "help" lifting the veil of the mystery of this new product. Now you are telling lies about me? Not cool guys, not cool... :?
And yet you still (who "seem" not to own the product) call me a "spammer". Thanks for that.
Well I've never said you worked for the company... But you are doing an excellent job at "lifting the veil" or "patching up the bad marketing" (you say potato) to the kvr community, which it would seem is not the target market for this product.

PS. Wir haben schönes wetter in Niedersachsen heute. Warum sind wir auf KVR? :dog:

fallacy wrote:... you are doing an excellent job at "lifting the veil"
I count this as a compliment as this and nothing else was my intention. :D
fallacy wrote:PS. Wir haben schönes wetter in Niedersachsen heute. Warum sind wir auf KVR? :dog:
To do the things one does on the internet :D

I didn't want turning things somewhat personal. So I kindly like to apologize for accusing some of you as "whining little girls".

thanks for pointing to the review :)
so is it worth the money paid? in your view of course.

@bronxsound
You surely want to pillory me, aren't you? :wink:
In my view especially as a Nexus owner it's still a "no-brainer".

not really. your involvement in the discussion attracted my attention hence i am asking.
cheers

Return to “Instruments”