MIDI note remapper VST?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kalamata Kid wrote:owendolmer,

I suspect the MidiNoteMap V3 I emailed to you did not work?
I can send V2.

Also I can send NicFit's re-mapper

Or you can contact David Haupt for the Kmap which works great.
http://www.dehaupt.com/SynthEdit/

check out midi note remapper wanted wheres midiflow?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

Find haydxn, a KVR memebr I believe he has a VSTi key mapper.
see his comments in the above link
Kalamata, yes I don't think the plugs you sent in the package had any feature to setup multiple note-to-note changes. Do you think David Haupt still has that plug? Yes I noticed Haydxn's participation in writing a plugin like this. I've searched for his mapper but couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe he still has it? I also contacted Steven Holt, he's looking for the mapper he wrote ages ago. Seems like note-to-note remapping isn't very popular??

Bobsled wrote:owendolmer, sorry to keep firing links at you but I honestly thought one of the plugs would catch your eye in a eureka! type moment, an epiphany if you will.

The forum link you provided in your first post , is that what you are trying to do exactly?
No worries man! ...Yes, the process I'm looking for (and now it's apparent now I'm not the only one), Is note-to-note conversion, (not transposition of all incoming notes as a whole). Simply a configurable plugin that will allow a fair ammount of note-to-note conversions in a single instance. Correct me if I'm wrong but I suppose If you needed more transformations, you could just insert more instances of the plug in the same chain? IMO, a plug with more conversions would be advantageous when mapping a keyboard controller to a vsti drum module where more more sounds typically need re-mapping; eg. Snare L and R, Sidestick, Rimshot etc.... I understand that many DAW's can allow this type of mapping, however there are many cases including myself where DAW, controller, plugins or a combination of the three do not provide or have limited mapping options. I'm sure (imho) if someone created a good plug for this purpose only, It would be a much more convenient approach; (Just drop into midi chain BEFORE the Vsti and edit mappings in real-time as needed)

Plastique's Note-Matrix idea looks like it's headed in the right direction?...
Maybe?

The MidiNoteMap.dll will do the trick. That is
map any midi key to any other midi key. It does not use
key numbers. On the right side you can transpose any key
up or down any amount.

I you however want a grid then NicFit's re-mapper
which I have and can email to you. Like I mentioned earlier
I use Kmap by David Haupt.

Kalamata,
SOO sorry, I confused the midinotemap you sent me with the ndcMIDI plugs. I'll check midinotemap and let you know. Thanks again kindly for sending it to me :] Steve holt also got back to me after digging into his computer and finding a midiflow plug that he designed to remap notes using a textfile with mappings entered by the user. Cool idea if you ask me. Can create libraries of different mappings. Only thing is, not really a "real-time" mapping capability. If you're interested let me know and I'll ask steve if it's ok to post the link. Kalamata, do you mind sending me the K-map by David Haupt? He's got quite a collection of great synthedit info on his site. But no K-map.

Bump Bump :]

p.s. I'm going to test all these plugs with my Halion 3. If successful, I'll be using the remappers for everything! but mainly between Triton and a Vsti Drum Module. Can't wait!

Kalamatakid THANK YOU, kalamata remapper and haydxn's midinotemapper are working great :] (midinotemapper is my fav - such a pretty GUI)
I'm still waiting to see what Plastique comes up with.
anyways thanks again.
You're a lifesaver!

Hi Everyone,

Wow, this post is from 2007... is anyone still around ? :)

Although the post is "old", the task/ my quest is still the same and actual: to find a midi note remapper plugin (possibly VST), that would take one of my midi ports as an input (a keyboard), and would produce a midi out port in my DAW.

Unfortunately, most of the links mentioned in this post are no longer valid (404 error, etc), so I wonder, who found a _working_ solution back in 2007 ? and if you did.. maybe you still have it somewhere on your hard drive ? :)

I've found a VST called "IonBuddy" on runbeerrun blogspot hu (downloadable free VST package), and it seems to work, furthermore it's very easy to set up (just copy it into your VST folder) and easy to use, but it does NOT produce a midi port, that I could use as a midi IN port for another track (another VST, or to re-direct it to a midi out port).

Any suggestions ?

Return to “Instruments”