Moog Model 15

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Or you can use Airplay mirroring (using something like Airdisplay). Bear in mind all these options will mirror the iPad screen though, I don't know of one that would give you a larger amount of screen to see more of the interface with.
So no chance to increase the screen resolution, like I do when connecting a laptop to a separate screen with better resolution?
The lightning to vga reviews I've seen mention that every displayed app works and what happens on the ipad screen is replicated on the connected screen.
I'm evaluating it but not for music purposes...
Don't know what happens if the xtra screen is touch. Probably needs to be designed for the purpose, you never know what's in those cables...
Another small plus is that the cable/connector has an extra lightning in.

Yeah, those things just mirror the screen and don't extend it. Arbitrary resolutions in iOS wasn't a thing until very recently.

And now I'm trying to figure out how best to integrate an EQ guitar pedal into my Eurorack to emulate the fixed filter bank. This is my life.

I have the Moog on my iPhone 5S and want to play it from Logic. I can do it via wireless, but as you know, there's latency. So I bought a lighting USB camera connector and tried plugging it directly into my iMac and into a powered hub, but it fails to show up in Logic or the Mac's Audio Midi utility. Does this kind of MIDI over iOS USB only work with iPads?

dumbledog wrote:And now I'm trying to figure out how best to integrate an EQ guitar pedal into my Eurorack to emulate the fixed filter bank. This is my life.
Doepfer A-138d CFX

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:I have the Moog on my iPhone 5S and want to play it from Logic. I can do it via wireless, but as you know, there's latency. So I bought a lighting USB camera connector and tried plugging it directly into my iMac and into a powered hub, but it fails to show up in Logic or the Mac's Audio Midi utility. Does this kind of MIDI over iOS USB only work with iPads?
look into studiomux

http://midimux.com/

@Ned are you running 10.11 on the iMac and iOS9 on the iPhone? You need to be up-to-date for Inter-Device Audio support.

I use musicIO here (there's also a cut-down version that supports just MIDI) but the studiomux app that el-bo mentioned should also do the trick.

The biggest downside of this app (even when it sounds awesome for an iOS synth) is that it seems i can not edit multiple knobs, sliders at the same time.... Hello? It's a multi touch device!
Or i missed a setting somewhere?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Ned Bouhalassa wrote:I have the Moog on my iPhone 5S and want to play it from Logic...
look into studiomux

Thanks for the tip - I've got it set up with Midimux now, working like a charm! Oh, and forget the iPhone 5S, the Model 15 works on my 1st Gen iPad Air! :hyper:

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Ned Bouhalassa wrote:I have the Moog on my iPhone 5S and want to play it from Logic...
look into studiomux

Thanks for the tip - I've got it set up with Midimux now, working like a charm! Oh, and forget the iPhone 5S, the Model 15 works on my 1st Gen iPad Air! :hyper:
Really glad to hear. Hope you find another use for the usb connection kit :tu:

Cinebient wrote:The biggest downside of this app (even when it sounds awesome for an iOS synth) is that it seems i can not edit multiple knobs, sliders at the same time.... Hello? It's a multi touch device!
No, you're not missing anything. Moog has been responding to questions over at the Audiobus forum. They felt it more important to be able to scroll through the system while holding onto a cable, etc. So, the best you can do is automate it via a MIDI controller. (Modstep, cough cough)

ImNotDedYet wrote:
Cinebient wrote:The biggest downside of this app (even when it sounds awesome for an iOS synth) is that it seems i can not edit multiple knobs, sliders at the same time.... Hello? It's a multi touch device!
No, you're not missing anything. Moog has been responding to questions over at the Audiobus forum. They felt it more important to be able to scroll through the system while holding onto a cable, etc. So, the best you can do is automate it via a MIDI controller. (Modstep, cough cough)
Mmhh, well then they could make an VST/AU version too :) No multi touch needed.
It gots a lot of hype....a bit too much lol. It sounds really great and belongs to the best on iOS... yes but it's not the holy grail :)
It fills a gap in the iOS world for sure.
I played with it a lot and it is on par with some other great iOS synths in terms of sound. After a while i'm just not too euphoric like some others might be because it's not magic....it's a great sounding synth for iOS.
Modstep is iPad only i think, i just use my phone for iOS now (sold my iPad Air because of iOS is not a tablet OS for me).

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:I have the Moog on my iPhone 5S and want to play it from Logic. I can do it via wireless, but as you know, there's latency. So I bought a lighting USB camera connector and tried plugging it directly into my iMac and into a powered hub, but it fails to show up in Logic or the Mac's Audio Midi utility. Does this kind of MIDI over iOS USB only work with iPads?
Yes, check out StudioMux or MusicIO apps on iPad/iPhone and Mac.

Very handy.

G
Don't ask me, I just play here.

Numanoid wrote:Is it possible to connect the iPad to a bigger screen?

Would be neat to see the whole interface on screen at once
In a word: no.

The best you can do at the moment is to buy an iPad Pro for the somewhat larger screen real estate.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

IAP Richard Devine Sound Bank: Textural Points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFKAQa_BkgE
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”